Warning on the Mega Tornado Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I received my new Tornado Mega Cartomizers yesterday. 2 days shipping time from TW, thank you for that! First one, WOW is all I can say. I was in love! I even liked the prefilled tobacco flavor that came in it and I don't even like tobacco flavors. So kudos to TW for that also. Got about 6 hour before I had to refill, again fantastic. Ok so the refilling is messy, I can deal with that since it's not very often. Vapor is great, flavor is great, TH is mild to medium. Perfect for me!

However today I am not as happy. I purchased 4 of these, gave one away and am using the first one still, two refills now. I decide to pull out one of the other remaining two I have and try it on another device, which is possible with the right adapters as I have had my first one on everything I own. The second one did not fire, but did test at 2.5ohm so it isn't dead. Mess with it a bit and get it to fire briefly and give a small amount of vapor. Change devices, still no go, only a small amount of vapor. Press the button, hold it up to my ear, no sound. Pull out the third one, same thing. Go through the same routine with this one. Tried and tried and tried, only getting small amounts of vapor and now it's starting to taste funny. Hold it up to my ear again this time for probably 15 seconds. Now I'm smelling burnt material and plastic and when I touch the carto it is hot. Ok so it's firing and burning. Cut it apart and guess what? IT'S BONE DRY!!!! NO juice IN IT AT ALL!!! It came to me without juice but is marked as prefilled. After this I added some juice to the other one that wasn't working and it works fine. Unfortunately it had already burned the filler and tastes burnt now. So out of the 4 I bought, I gave one away and have 1 that works. NOT SO GOOD TW :( At $4 a pop having two of them unusable because they did not have juice in them is very disappointing.

WORD OF WARNING... MAKE SURE THERE IS ACTUALLY JUICE IN THE PREFILLED TORNADO MEGA CARTOMIZERS BEFORE USING THEM.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Overall TW should be responsible, but they did not make the cartos. The cartos are sealed at the factory and TW can not tell by looking at them if they are filled or not. TW did not send them out knowing they were bad. Yes I am upset that I paid $4 each and I have two cartos that I can not use. I also know that by using the cartos on a device that they were not intended for that I most likely voided any warranty, even though it was not the device that caused the problem. I still like these cartos and I have nothing against TW or their service. I just wanted people to know if they get one that doesn't fire to try adding juice. This may prevent someone else from ruining them like I did.

Miss Wicked

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Blackburn
Good morning

Please accept our sincere apologies for any Cartomizers you have received containing no fluid. We have contacted the manufacturer who is now aware of the issue and are working to have it rectified as soon as possible.
If you could return them to us along with a short covering note with your details on, we will replace them for you.

Kind regards
Louise

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Louise,

Thank you so much for responding and looking into the problem. As I stated I cut one open and it isn't worth it to send the other one back, but I do appreciate the offer for replacement.

I do like the cartomizers, the one that worked has been fantastic!

Happy Vaping!!

Good morning

Please accept our sincere apologies for any Cartomizers you have received containing no fluid. We have contacted the manufacturer who is now aware of the issue and are working to have it rectified as soon as possible.
If you could return them to us along with a short covering note with your details on, we will replace them for you.

Kind regards
Louise

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
They are fantastic, but you probably should not put a whole 2.5 ml. I only use 1.8 on blanks. They last a long time and they have a smoth reliable draw. I tried one with adaptors on a k808battery, but I think the voltage was just a tad too high and made it taste burned, so I recommend them only on the 510s, eGo,Tornado...

I am going to try TW, and order prefilleds soon!

Is the tobacco flavor light? I really want a very light flavor like Marlboro lights.
Oh one more question, if I like the flavor, do you sell the same flavor?

Thanks!

Last edited:

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
They are fantastic, but you probably should not put a whole 2.5 ml. I only use 1.8 on blanks. They last a long time and they have a smoth reliable draw. I tried one with adaptors on a k808battery, but I think the voltage was just a tad too high and made it taste burned, so I recommend them only on the 510s, eGo,Tornado...

I am going to try TW, and order prefilleds soon!

Is the tobacco flavor light? I really want a very light flavor like Marlboro lights.
Oh one more question, if I like the flavor, do you sell the same flavor?

Thanks!

I got a few menthol ones and there surprisingly good.
On my first attempt to fill I put 2ml in to the cart took a while but it went in. Add a little let it sit. Second one I went for the whole 2.5 and it did take it. No leaking just has to be slow about it. Draw is smooth and light.
Seems to have taken a little taste out of my Almond Joy, but after reading you post about too much power switched to a standard Ego battery and it was back. My VS New York (Chocolate menthol) works wonderful on the bigger battery. All in all happy with them.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I'm doing a follow up here. I received replacements from TW. They were sent directly from the factory even! Thank you Louise for taking such good care of me. The replacements are great! And I really do like these cartos. Plus I'm getting better at refilling.

So here are some numbers... an empty Mega Ego carto weighs 3.8g and a prefilled one from TW weighs 5.8g. 2 mil of juice weighs 2.3g so a filled carto should weigh at least 6.1g. Every time I refill I can get it back to the 5.8g mark, but not over. Just some fun numbers :)

John, I got the tobacco and I don't even like tobacco flavors and I think this is good! Unfortunately it is Joye juice and not one of the TW flavors, but I believe they are working on getting them with their juice in them.

Again thank you to Louise and TW for taking care of me!!
Happy Vaping!!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Thanks!

John, if you use them on a partially discharged kr8 battery, you should be fine. That's what I did for while waiting for my 510 batt. Freshly charged kr8 can reach 4.2v, way too high for eGo cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread