wasn't too thrilled with viking vapor, need input on vaporbomb and dats vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
hello everyone!

i'm still fairly new to vaping (going on a week now! also analog free for the same amount of time! =]) and i'm really excited about finding the right vendor and flavor for me! =]

my first order of e-juice was from viking vapor and i only really am partial to 2 of the 8 flavors i ordered. =/ i'm interested in ordering from dats vapor (they have a great 5 pc sampler pack for a great price) and vaporbomb (saw some really good reviews on them.

i was looking for feedback from members who have tried all three and what their opinions were. you can already tell that viking vapor was okay for me, but nothing to write home about. =P

what's important to me is TH (moderate, nothing that'll have me coughing up a lung), taste (i favor the sweeter tastes and also i'm still in search for a solid tobacco taste... also nothing artificial or chemically tasting. =P), and vapor production (moderate, i don't need tons and tons of vapor but i do want some vapor... it's important to be there but it doesn't need to be massive).

i've been trying the nic level of 18mg and i think my best level would be either 18 mg or 24 mg, anything above 24 mg would probably be too much and anything below 18 mg would probably be too little. still trying to figure that out. =P if you guys have input on these companies i'd really appreciate it. =] thank you in advance.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
I got some Vaporbomb samples that were pretty good and had good throat hit, but they were 24mg, so already higher than the 18mg I normally vape. I also got some Grape from Datsvapor for a friend and he absolutely loved it. The NIC level depends a lot on how much you smoked. If you were a pack-a-day smoker, then 24mg might be good to start with.

Neekyme

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2010
PA
Try FreedomSmokeUSA, their Premix flavors are really good and no chemical taste. They run some really good sales, and offer sample sizes. They're in the Forum Supplier forum section as they don't have their own subforum yet. So far I absolutely love their RY4 and Forest Fruit...and Citrus Mix is good too. The samples I have from them are 24mg though - and thats a little too high for me, so I havent had a chance to try them all yet! If I could order a 50 gallon barrel of their RY4 I would LOL

I do like Dats, he's a great guy and has some really good flavors. He's kinda of taking a break as far as I know, he is taking orders, but only doing it part time right now.

I purchased some Vapor Bomb liquid in the classified section, and wasn't overly impressed - but I think it was just the flavors weren't for me, not that they were bad. I need something sweeter, and the ones I got just weren't sweet enough - and a little 'dry' if that makes sense.

durtman

Jun 24, 2010
w. central GA
Dat Vaper's Mt Dew, Tropical Punch and Cinny Hots are definitely worth adding to your sampler if you get some juice from there. I picked the Mt. Dew specifically because I'd read someone saying pick stuff you normally wouldn't and you may be surprised to find out you like it... I love it.

My last order from there did take a little long to get shipped out, but there's a bit of an explanation why on the DV websites forum.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
looks like nothing but good things about dats vapor. gotta try him for sure. MIGHT try vapor bomb one day, and ms t's and TV once i figure out exactly which flavors i prefer. i think i'll go with strictlyejuice since i do need to order some backup hardware anyway. =P

@son et lumiere: what flavors do you recommend? how's their ry4 and marlboro usa mix? also, if you like sweet flavors which ones are your faves? =]

thank you everyone for your input! =D

Danyulc

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Wierd, I must be in the minority because I'm pretty fond of the juices I got from Viking Vapor.

However, so far I've only trieda bout a dozen diff juices. 5 came with carts in my Volcano kit. One is DK 555 and then other 6 were from Viking Vapor.

The RY4 is pretty potent, but I really love it with some Cotton Candy in it. Makes it sweeter and now it is right up my alley! Also a huge fan of the Pina Colada. It's a virgin Pina Colada in my opinion. No hint of alcohol just that delicious sweet Pina Colada taste.

The Cotton Candy by itself is good, but very mellow/subtle flavor. It's really sweet, but just not the kind of flavor that punches you in the face like RY4 or Pina Colada.

I've also got Cinnamon which I really really liked at first, then I cut it down with some VG and unfortunately I cut it down more than I should've. So it's still good, but now quite as strong as I would like it to be.

The Maple is a nice flavor. The only downside is that it has a strong scent just like RY4 does. So I have to limit my usage of that so it doesn't irritate the people I live with.

Last flavor I got from Viking Vapor was the Banana Cream and the jury is still out on that one. I've only tried it out of a Carto so far and for some reason I get this slightly wierd burn when it hits my tounge. Not really a burn but kind of a tingly sensation.

I set it aside though and I'm planning to direct drip some later and see how it goes.

All in all though I'd say that I was very pleased with my order. Took me a couple days to warm up to some of the juices, because they are made fresh they might've benefitted from a few more days of 'settling'.

The one complaint that I have about Viking Vapor is that the throat hit is pretty moderate. However, keep in mind I'm only vaping approx 4mg nicotine level. I ordered double flavor juices and I cut them down to 1.5/1 ratio with VG.

I'd suggest if ordering from Viking Vapor to treat their TH levels as low, normal, and high. As opposed to normal, full flavor, and filterless, as that is the way it is set up now.

All that being said I still plan to try more juices from other vendors because that to me is like half the fun of Ecigs! I'll definitely put in an order for more Pina Colada when I run out. It's not something I'm prepared to live without.

The RY4 I might place another order for when I run out. My only concern is the very noticeable scent it gives off when vaping. It's a pleasant almost maple-esque scent but it lingers.

You might want to look into trying a Tasty Vapor Co-Op as well. People say great things about TastyVapor.us and I'm awaiting 20 5ml sample bottles of various flavors to try them out. Check the TV sub-forum for information about any co-ops you might want to join. The one I'm in was a good deal imo, $24 for 20 5ml samples. They are 0nic juices though.

-Danyulc

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
@danyulc: i don't know. i remember reading that some juices taste better after they sit for a few days, so i waited and revisited them. i really REALLY dislike strawberry cheesecake, coconut, and pina colada. i don't know, maybe they're just not the right flavors for me but IMHO they didn't taste how i would expect them to taste. =P

i find the vanilla has really grown on me although i wish the flavor were stronger as well as the TH. the marboh lights mix is okay and gives a good throat hit. the caramel machiatto tastes pretty good but i try to avoid using it since it's so dark and i'm afraid of clogging up my atty. the chocolate mint is pretty good, but i prefer a stronger chocolate than mint, but the mint is more overpowering than the chocolate in that one. banana cream is do-able but a tad too sweet for my taste. it taste like the banana flavored runts candy. overall, i was okay with most of the juices i ordered from him, but didn't really fall in love with any of them. maybe i just didn't order the right flavors? =P

Danyulc

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
I wouldn't worry too much about the darker juice clogging your atty. Unless they put something in there they shouldn't have it should be OK. I've used a decent bit of Maple w/o any problems so far and it is a dark brown color.

Funny to me that you don't like the Pina Colada, just goes to show how different we all are! In the end I'm convinced there is a Juice Vendor for everybody out there! So best of luck in finding yours!

I'm going to try some more Dekang Juices in the near future. Only tried the 555 so far but I kind of like it. I want to get some basic fruit flavors like Orange, Watermelon, Cherry and that kind of thing. I've always liked those hard candies with the artificial fruit flavoring. Especially watermelon, that artificial watermelon chemical flavor releases dopamine in my brain when I come into contact with it, lol.

-Danyulc

son et lumiere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Earth
@afomar: who's your favorite supplier? =]

@son et lumiere: thank you for your recs. i can't find their 555 in their normal listings, only in the premade sampler packs. =/

Ya I looked I think they sold out of it and now only carry it in 36mg vg or pg. What's great about strictlyejuice is you can order a bunch of flavors for cheap and see which ones you like. Pick up some blue foam while your at it. The stuff rocks.

Last edited:

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
I'v ordered from Viking Vapor and was happy with everything I got but the vanilla but I love Dats juice, his are my fav's, rasberry, french toast, danish swirl, dutch chocolate mint, cinny bears, menthol and mint, I add a little sweetner to the last two, one's I did'nt like, buttered rum and cream de menthe, the flavor's were there but guess I just don't like the acohol flavor's, these are just a few I'v tried, I really don't like tobacco flavors anymore either the closest I use is ry4 but I add more caramel and vanilla to it, dats is is kind of down right now but I know Dale just ordered some gallon bottle's of flavoring so hopefully he'll be back up and running real soon, I'm dieing to try his blueberry and hopefully he'll add vanilla. I started with 8mg then 16 mg then went to 36 mg, ( big jump) then droped to 24 mg but find I like 18 mg the best, had to try them all haha, you'll find with all venders there's some juice you like and others you don't, that's why the sample bottles are great, to find just one verder to buy everything from would be heaven. Good luck on your quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread