Watts with .2 ohm dual coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkcityredvapin

Jan 7, 2016
I have the rx200 and new with rda's. I just got the torque rda by tobecco and built a 0.21 ohm dual coil and was wondering what Is best wattage to vape at. All help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160331_140111_543.jpg
    IMG_20160331_140111_543.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 2,974

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Always start low and increase the wattage until you find your personal sweet spot.

I use an RX200, using 0.25 ohm coils in a Uwell Crown tank, and I never vape higher than 30 watts. I also use a dual coil rebuildable dripper at 0.6 ohm, again never more than 30 watts.

Information Resources for Your First RBA
  • An essential read and referrance guide for someone new to rebuilding coils. Includes a multitude of useful links on battery safety, mod safety, coil meters, coil building, and the differences in the three types of RBA's.

Linkcityredvapin

Jan 7, 2016
Always start low and increase the wattage until you find your personal sweet spot.

I use an RX200, using 0.25 ohm coils in a Uwell Crown tank, and I never vape higher than 30 watts. I also use a dual coil rebuildable dripper at 0.6 ohm, again never more than 30 watts.
Yeah tinkering with it I like to vape usually 40-50 watts but with cake batter flavors is more watts I just didn't know if I was going too high or low but I guess its a personal preference type thing

Reactions: Baditude

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
It is good to note that coil properties are a factor when choosing a wattage. You can have the same resistance on two different builds, but they both might vape differently at different values. Such that you may be able to give more wattage to another build with better results.

You also want to look at your voltage too. For a build like that (big coils) I'd say you need at least 3.7volts to really start pushing it's potential if that's what you want to do. Using a calculator and values for resistance and voltage that comes to about 65watts. Obviously start lower if you're not into higher temps and more vapor.

Linkcityredvapin

Jan 7, 2016
It is good to note that coil properties are a factor when choosing a wattage. You can have the same resistance on two different builds, but they both might vape differently at different values. Such that you may be able to give more wattage to another build with better results.

You also want to look at your voltage too. For a build like that (big coils) I'd say you need at least 3.7volts to really start pushing it's potential if that's what you want to do. Using a calculator and values for resistance and voltage that comes to about 65watts. Obviously start lower if you're not into higher temps and more vapor.
Wow man I set it to 3.7 volts 45 watts and I get the perfect amount of clouds and flavor :)

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Wow man I set it to 3.7 volts 45 watts and I get the perfect amount of clouds and flavor :)

Nice, I'm guessing you meant to type 65 instead of 45 though.

The reason why voltage is important is because that value acts differently than wattage. Wattage values depend on the voltage you give a resistance.

For example: I like to build most of my atomizers so they vape well around 4volts in the case I want to use it on a mechanical. Since a mechanical will output the same voltage every time on a fresh battery I just make sure the resistance and coil properties give a satisfying vape at 4 volts. Despite every build firing at a different wattage, they all fire at 4 volts.

This is how I build a lot of my atomizers. I select a target resistance, then I choose choose coil properties so it vapes well at 4 volts. From that I can plug in resistance and voltage and get a wattage number that I can use as a setting on a regulated.

I also like that 4.0-4.2 voltage range a lot. Just a personal preference. Although one of my RDAs gets 5.1 volts :)

Last edited:

Linkcityredvapin

Jan 7, 2016

The reason why voltage is important is because that value acts differently than wattage. Wattage values depend on the voltage you give a resistance.

For example: I like to build most of my atomizers so they vape well around 4volts in the case I want to use it on a mechanical. Since a mechanical will output the same voltage every time on a fresh battery I just make sure the resistance and coil properties give a satisfying vape at 4 volts. Despite every build firing at a different wattage, they all fire at 4 volts.

This is how I build a lot of my atomizers. I select a target resistance, then I choose choose coil properties so it vapes well at 4 volts. From that I can plug in resistance and voltage and get a wattage number that I can use as a setting on a regulated.

I also like that 4.0-4.2 voltage range a lot. Just a personal preference. Although one of my RDAs gets 5.1 volts :)[/QUOTE

I also like that 4.0-4.2 voltage range a lot. Just a personal preference. Although one of my RDAs gets 5.1 volts :)
Nice. No when its at 3.7 volts its at 45 watts

Linkcityredvapin

Jan 7, 2016

Nice no when I set it at 3.07 volts its at 45.0 watts

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Once you have the wicking dialed in you have an fairly large range of wattage at your disposal depending on how you like to vape, and how much air you are putting on it, and the mix ratio of your juice.

You could probably run that at anywhere between 50 and 100 watts, depending on if you take long slow mouth to lung hits, or faster quicker direct lung hits.

So, the moral is it really depends on what you find you like, how you vape, and how hot it will get before you are satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread