Status
Not open for further replies.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
OK, so a friend suggested I try wax due to my circumstances of needing to be stealthy. I have a couple questions regarding how to go about vaping this wax. Can I build a single coil drip atomizer to work with this stuff? What if any wick could I use, and if wicked I would assume that I could wet the wick with unflavored nic juice and put some wax on the coil wire? Would that even work?

Will Phat Daddy ceramic vape doughnuts work in a rda?

What pre coiled atomizers would any of you suggest?

What watt/ voltage range would be recommended to power said wax atomizers?

TIA for any help.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
OK, so a friend suggested I try wax due to my circumstances of needing to be stealthy. I have a couple questions regarding how to go about vaping this wax. Can I build a single coil drip atomizer to work with this stuff? What if any wick could I use, and if wicked I would assume that I could wet the wick with unflavored nic juice and put some wax on the coil wire? Would that even work?

Will Phat Daddy ceramic vape doughnuts work in a RDA?

What pre coiled atomizers would any of you suggest?

What watt/ voltage range would be recommended to power said wax atomizers?

TIA for any help.
IMO, something like this: Divine Crossing Version 4 Crucible Cup Rebuildable Concentrate Heater - Divine Tribe
Or the older version if price is an issue.
The FDV donuts worked in the V2, I'm not sure about using them in the current versions.

You may also want to look at "nectar collector" type units.

HTH
I

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
IMO, something like this: Divine Crossing Version 4 Crucible Cup Rebuildable Concentrate Heater - Divine Tribe
Or the older version if price is an issue.
The FDV donuts worked in the V2, I'm not sure about using them in the current versions.

You may also want to look at "nectar collector" type units.

HTH
I
Thanx for your reply. There is more to this than I originally thought. That looks like a good unit if I take to this, but maybe something more "disposable" is in order for me to try first... maybe I'll just stick to the vegetable matter for now.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I have tried the Holy Terp as well as EJmix and Vapeur Extract.
Check them out and see what you feel most comfortable using.
EJmix wasn't bad, but it's not my personal favorite.
So is the holy terp your favorite? Also, this got me to thinking, everything old can become new again...maybe a SS mesh wick ala Genesis atties could be used to vaporize the thinned concentrate...why not? It could be torch cleaned intermittently.

And I also discovered that PG PEG and VG were mentioned as thinners... Maybe I already have on hand suitable thinning agents?

I don't think cotton would be suitable wick, but why not silica? Or the more expensive Ready X Wick? Maybe I can find a way to vape concentrates in a drip atomizer after all. Those empty ceramic carts might be the best ticket though, easily tossed if the need arises, and there's no need to fully fill them, they are cheap enough where available, but a lot of places seem to be OOS. Maybe those carts can be cleaned as well. SO much to learn, and the concentrate is so expensive. It would be nice to have a stealth setup that uses my already old school gear, Provari's, I see the empty carts are 1.2 ohms and recommend firing at 4 volts, so I believe that is doable. I could just unscrew my attie, put a cart on there, get what I need, and put the nic attie back on, easy peasy.

• Useful

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So is the holy terp your favorite? Also, this got me to thinking, everything old can become new again...maybe a SS mesh wick ala Genesis atties could be used to vaporize the thinned concentrate...why not? It could be torch cleaned intermittently.

And I also discovered that PG PEG and VG were mentioned as thinners... Maybe I already have on hand suitable thinning agents?

I don't think cotton would be suitable wick, but why not silica? Or the more expensive Ready X Wick? Maybe I can find a way to vape concentrates in a drip atomizer after all. Those empty ceramic carts might be the best ticket though, easily tossed if the need arises, and there's no need to fully fill them, they are cheap enough where available, but a lot of places seem to be OOS. Maybe those carts can be cleaned as well. SO much to learn, and the concentrate is so expensive. It would be nice to have a stealth setup that uses my already old school gear, Provari's, I see the empty carts are 1.2 ohms and recommend firing at 4 volts, so I believe that is doable. I could just unscrew my attie, put a cart on there, get what I need, and put the nic attie back on, easy peasy.

Just to be perfectly clear, the DT units are far more functional and convenient to use and maintain.

The idea of making an e-liquid like solution really appealed to me. The experience of mixing, heating, storage and cleaning changed my mind quickly.
IMO, making carts is a huge PIA and nothing is worse than a $3 cart that dies half full.
After investing in additional diluents and carts and such, I ended up with 4 or 5 of the DT V2's.
I was rebuilding them using the FDV donuts and can recommend the DT products with no reservations.
Clean up is a breeze with some everclear and some q-tips.
The newer models are greatly improved over the V2 and should provide an even better experience. (SIC cup!) V5 coming soon.
Jump over to the DT thread on Fcombustion.com for more information and discount links (Post 4528) for forum users. Izan is on FC also but rarely logs in anymore.

To address the rest of your post, yep, mesh can work. I was also able to mount a FDV donut in a cheap RDA and also used twisted wire and clapton wire, wicklessly. It was all a huge mess.
I would not discourage you from experimenting, but I hope some of my mistakes and missteps will save someone else time, money, and product.

Cheers
I

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just to be perfectly clear, the DT units are far more functional and convenient to use and maintain.

The idea of making an e-liquid like solution really appealed to me. The experience of mixing, heating, storage and cleaning changed my mind quickly.
IMO, making carts is a huge PIA and nothing is worse than a $3 cart that dies half full.
After investing in additional diluents and carts and such, I ended up with 4 or 5 of the DT V2's.
I was rebuilding them using the FDV donuts and can recommend the DT products with no reservations.
Clean up is a breeze with some everclear and some q-tips.
The newer models are greatly improved over the V2 and should provide an even better experience. (SIC cup!) V5 coming soon.
Jump over to the DT thread on Fcombustion.com for more information and discount links (Post 4528) for forum users. Izan is on FC also but rarely logs in anymore.

To address the rest of your post, yep, mesh can work. I was also able to mount a FDV donut in a cheap RDA and also used twisted wire and clapton wire, wicklessly. It was all a huge mess.
I would not discourage you from experimenting, but I hope some of my mistakes and missteps will save someone else time, money, and product.

Cheers
I
Thanks for your time and input I, I appreciate your candor.

• Love
Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread