Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
I have a bunch of liqua that I ordered from fasstech... And my better sense told me it was a bad idea.. but a slew of decent reviews here plus the crazy low prices got the better of me.. so I had to do it. So here I sit with a dozen or so bottles of crappy juice that I can't vape.

But...

Maybe there's a way to "improve" it somehow? Like if I pick up some flavorings and added it to it would magically become vapable?

A little guidance here would be much appreciated.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I have a bunch of liqua that I ordered from fasstech... And my better sense told me it was a bad idea.. but a slew of decent reviews here plus the crazy low prices got the better of me.. so I had to do it. So here I sit with a dozen or so bottles of crappy juice that I can't vape.

But...

Maybe there's a way to "improve" it somehow? Like if I pick up some flavorings and added it to it would magically become vapable?

A little guidance here would be much appreciated.

FA Magic Mask

I read it will erase the flavor

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
... What would Ethly mailtol do? ...

It's just a general purpose sweetener you can add to just about anything to sweeten it up and fix it that way, kind of like DIY eLiquid Duct Tape ... you mess something up, put a lot of Ethyl Maltol in it and then give it to a vaping newbie friend and watch them vape it all day long :thumbs:

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
One of my tricks since I used to smoke menthols is, obviously, add menthol! Masks even the most disgusting/strong/weird flavors. For grins I added some to a bottle of clove liquid I made up trying to blend the two, and after 3-5 drops in 20ml all I tasted was the menthol, no clove flavor at all, and this was a mouth-numbing, ultra-strong clove before that. Obviously this doesn't apply if you don't like menthol liquids, but still worth mentioning, as you don't need much and it won't dilute the nicotine or throw the PG/VG balance too terribly much.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
HEY BRAINFART ALERT- What would happen if I mixed it with the zero nic doubler flavors from tasty vapor?

What would Ethly mailtol do?

I have some power sucralose on hand... Can I just throw it

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTe

mix the sucrose power with pg first.. then add a little at a time

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
Like if I pick up some flavorings and added it to it would magically become vapable?

i know more than one person that does exactly that and love the liqua

If all else fails, put some Ethyl Maltol in it :laugh:
noooooooooooo LOL

i have some vendor juice that i swear is 40% EM, 40% flavor, 20% pg/vg and it is the most foul, stomach ache inducing stuff i have ever had
i have also tried "fixing" juice with sucralose....chemically, stomach ache, nastiness.....
if you do decide to go that route i believe the "rule of thumb" is one drop per ml (which i didn't know before)....and i don't recommend doing it to the entire bottle...try it in a smaller bottle first

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Sucrralose can get bad quickly if you over do it. And sometimes all EM does is dim flavor. If you add enough you have cotton candy flavored what ever it was to start. I'd suggest adding a flavor that would complement the liqua base so that it becomes the under note. For example if it is a fruit add a stronger fruit that would complement it like strawberry on top of apple.

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
If it is a really strong minty menthol you can cut it with pg/vg. Other than that add menthol..it overpowers nearly everything. In fact when my tanks get low and I need to dump to clean a tank I just take and put them in a juice bottle. I call it my dump bottle that always has some menthol in it, it works really well to get rid of this and that.

SharonMM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Lakeville, MN
Oh these are great ideas. You diy wizards are AMAZING I am so in awe.
We are going to fix the liqua oh yesss we are. I'm pumped can you tell?

Okok so let's hammer out a plan:

First of all I can't do menthol but it was a novel idea that probably would work well...if I didn't hate it so much. But I do.

Next EM vs sucralose- do these basically serve the same purpose? If so I may be able to remedy some of this juice tomorrow! I realize the sucralose needs to be added in tiny amounts.. stuff is super concentrated! I definitely do not want to mute the flavor any... my primary complaint is that the flavor is too weak. Not bad really, just not enough.

Food flavorings- can I use regular extracts or concentrates from the grocery store?

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
Next EM vs sucralose- do these basically serve the same purpose?

EM tends to smooth as well as sweeten and can dim flavors. Sucralose just sweetens but can get bitter.

Food flavorings- can I use regular extracts or concentrates from the grocery store?

Yes!NO!MAYBE! It depends on who you ask and what flavors. They tend to be not strong enough and you risk making the liquid to thin. That said I've used things like vanilla and almond flavoring as under notes. If your adding the same flavor type note to the mix you might get enough pump up with a very small amount. Make sure it has no additives like sugar or gums. Should be the flavor and alcohol.

Last edited:

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I've only got a few Liquas, I think they're OK, except the tiramisu. But I just got another 30ml of the tiramisu to use it to "fix" other tobacco juices. Heck, I've been mixing stuff together almost from day one...like adding a little menthol (right in the clearo) to the dekang watermelon for example. Once I got my DIY stuff I found that a combo of coconut and EM took the cigar-ness out of one pre-mixed tobacco I didn't like.

hottierockstar

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2013
southern california
if you have a crafts store that has candy/baking supplies like Michael's or JoAnn's...some of them carry lorann's...just read the ingredients. (some have essential oils that i would steer clear of) maybe even walmart cake/candy making section?
I got Lorann's cherry at JoAnn's and it was 2 1 dram bottles (1 dram=3.7ml) for like $3.99, from what i remember ingredients are alcohol, pg, flavor, and water.
They had other flavors but i wanted to start with just one :)

ETA: i will probably never be able to use both of those bottles LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread