Not open for further replies.

Maddoktor2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle Area
ecigzilla.com
Today is the 16th anniversary of the untimely demise of Jerry Garcia. :(
In his memory, I would like to present an amazing version of So Many Roads, performed on 7/9/95 at Soldier Field in Chicago, IL. It was his last concert.

‪Grateful Dead - So Many Roads (complete) - 7/9/95‬‏ - YouTube

Those of us who knew you miss you terribly, Skipper - ride high and free, brother.
P.S. - Thanks for Jerry's Rainbow - I'll never forget it.

I gotta go - I seem to have something in my eyes that's blurring my vision, and I can't see to type any longer...

Maddoktor2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle Area
ecigzilla.com
did You know him personally? Love his music, and the meaning behind it! Thanks for reminding us, to remember such a loss!

I worked on the stage and sound crew at a number of their shows. I can remember the crew lining up to greet the band as they arrived, and as he passed me, I'd always look at him and say, "How's it going, Skipper? Good to see you!" He'd always stop, look at me, grin broadly when he recognized me, and say, "Hi! Nice to see you again!". Being the non-conformist that I am, I called him "Skipper" as a takeoff on his old 60s nickname of "Captain Trips" - he always seemed to get a kick out of that and the look of shocked horror on everyone else's faces when I called him that. After they settled in before the gig, they'd come backstage and chat with the crew before the show started. Ah, good times, so long ago and far away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread