Wear and tear

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
How often are you guys and gals wearing out your stuff? I have a Kanger Evod kit and soon will have itaste MVP coming with the iclear30 and also a nautilus mini. The Evods are both on their 5th charge. I know it's all gonna be subjective to amount of use but what's a good average life of this stuff? Being new, I'm fascinated with vaping and am going thru possibly 3mls of juice a day.

ralphrek

Jul 2, 2014
south dakota
i would expect the evods to last at least a year if you take good care of your stuff. thats assuming they are genuine kanger. however if your already vaping 3 mls a day your probably going to upgrade before they fail on you. take good care of your threads keep the pin clean and your good. ive had the same ego batts for 12 months and they perform as new. that being said i dont use them as much as i did mainly when im out and about and dont want to worry about damaging a mod. as far as the mvp its a decent mod for the price but not as solid as i like. have you looked into the sigelei zmax or are you hellbent on a box? i would stay away from the vamo the ....ty threads are unacceptable right out of the box

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
How often are you guys and gals wearing out your stuff? I have a Kanger Evod kit and soon will have itaste MVP coming with the iclear30 and also a Nautilus mini. The Evods are both on their 5th charge. I know it's all gonna be subjective to amount of use but what's a good average life of this stuff? Being new, I'm fascinated with vaping and am going thru possibly 3mls of juice a day.

You mean battery life? Li-ions are rated in the 300 charge cycle range so a once a day charge should mean about a year. Myself, I found it meant six to nine months. But it's not that they just, bam, stop working. They gradually take longer to charge and hold a charge for less time. They rather "wear out" over time.

An MVP has "pass through" so if you're able to plug in somewhere (like at a desk or whatever), you can extend the battery life by running off wall power (or a powered USB port... like a USB hub).

(These batteries are all about "charge cycle". The whole cycle of being charged up and discharged down. A 300 cycle battery that needs charging everyday lasts half as long as one that needs charging every other day. Roughly, that is. So it's hard to say they last "this many months" or whatever. It depends on use. Me? I'm hard on batteries. So my experience with batteries may have little to do with your experience.)

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Ralph, I wear cargo pants a lot and think a box will carry nice. I'll probably have an itaste vtr someday soon and should have gotten that vs the MVP due to the height with a clearo. I just watched a RiP Trippers vid on the sigelei zmax and it looks good with a decent price but it's too long for my carry preference right now. Give me another few months with this stuff and I'll have unit for everyday of the week!

mk, yes, batteries, especially in non replaceable units. But also circuitry and solders and push buttons.

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I've been vaping for 2 years now and have had a dozen or more ego style batteries. If you don't count the one I put in my full cup of coffee...or the one that fell 2 stories to the concrete driveway while hanging xmas lights...or...well, you get the idea. I've had batteries last 2-3 months and others more than a year. My current Evod batteries are about 9 months and going strong. Granted, I have quite a few options, so I don't use every battery every day.

Most ego style are rated for 300 full discharges and charges. I believe the MVP is supposed to last for 500. Most of mine begin to fade after more like 200...by fade, I mean just don't last as long on a charge and seem to not hit like when they were new. I've had a couple that the button just stopped working correctly, so there are other things that can go wrong.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Sorta shocked by the comment about mvps not being tough enough... Mine is a freaking battle tank. Its been beat up to heck and back and is still almost as good as new! The only thing that failed was I stripped the 510 threads by being exceedingly rough on it and a 2.50$ 510 to 510 adaptor fixed that right as rain. But really, the thing has suffered countless falls and being in my pocket constantly at a very physically demanding job and just keeps on ticking... Might as well be a timex.

Via a possessed phone thats autocorrect is just silly

Last edited:

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I wear cargo pants a lot and think a box will carry nice. I'll probably have an itaste vtr someday soon and should have gotten that vs the MVP due to the height with a clearo. I just watched a RiP Trippers vid on the sigelei zmax and it looks good with a decent price but it's too long for my carry preference right now. Give me another few months with this stuff and I'll have unit for everyday of the week!

I have a VTR and enjoy the heck out of it. Not to mention being something of a klutz and needing something solid. And that they are. Some say they're too heavy and bulky but I don't agree. My opinion, they have a great "heft" and the recessing of the tank protects it better when I inevitably knock it over or off a table or whatever. I'm creative at finding ways to bounce things off tables and stuff. :)

Also, if you're concerned about battery life, one reason I went with a VTR is that 18650 batteries--even high end ones--are pretty cheap. The draw back of the MVP (which was on my short list when I upgraded) is the battery isn't replaceable. A Sony with the same capacity as the MVP is about $13 (like here: SONY VTC5 18650 2600mAh Battery - Flat Top - 30A). Since I discovered I'm hard on batteries, it made more sense to go with replaceable ones. A dirt cheap MVP (like at 101vape.com) is still around $40. That's three or more 18650s.

And my VTR travels in a jeans pocket all the time. No problem. Though there is, also, a belt "holster" but I never got round to getting one.

(Come to think... shiny metal thing in a hip holster... that might lead to difficult explanations... like while on the ground with a knee in your back when you were just going to make a deposit at your bank?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread