Not open for further replies.

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
:ohmy::ohmy:
Boba's bounty is great. It has been my favorite for the past year and a half. I got tired of waiting and tried Copper Creek's House Blend. It's almost as good as Boba's. I went ahead and ordered over a liter of that while we wait on Ben to get his site fixed. I'm not giving up on alien vision, but between the >month that the site has been down and the credit card issues (mine was also stolen) I have a feeling he will lose some business. I hate it for him, he's a good guy with a great recipe. I hope he gets these issues worked out soon.

you mean the company that sells out 5-10 minutes after opening their site may lose customers? how would they even know? "you know we had to stay open 15 minutes today, something's wrong!"

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Their entire existence of late has been nothing short of disappointing. I have to believe this is all done on purpose, as there can not really be this many crazy issues for one company, right? The lack of communication, the promises of updates that were never delivered, the shortage of product, long downtime, etc. the list keeps growing, and there are no answers, and the attempts have proven to be incorrect. I do remember reading where Ben said he was taking the downtime to stock up, not sure what happened there.

I have never met or talked to the owners of AVE, but i'll bet they are running their business the way they want to run it and not the way everyone else seems to want to run it.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have never met or talked to the owners of AVE, but i'll bet they are running their business the way they want to run it and not the way everyone else seems to want to run it.

Exactly my point, but I wasn't asking about business ethics, i stated my opinion. I was more intrigued with a certain customer base reactions.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
So, I just read on another thread that AVE also recently moved and set up a new shop. This would account for the hold on juice making. Now I'm just wondering about the lack of response to concerns. If I were a business owner, I would be sure to post updates and explanations before people asked questions. And once questions were asked, I would have an immediate response.

Along these lines, I'm sure many posting to this thread knew about the move. I just want to point out, this is a forum, not a blog. This is where people come to share information, answer questions, etc........

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
So, I just read on another thread that AVE also recently moved and set up a new shop. This would account for the hold on juice making. Now I'm just wondering about the lack of response to concerns. If I were a business owner, I would be sure to post updates and explanations before people asked questions. And once questions were asked, I would have an immediate response.

Along these lines, I'm sure many posting to this thread knew about the move. I just want to point out, this is a forum, not a blog. This is where people come to share information, answer questions, etc........

They moved like a year ago. They warned us a couple months before moving but there were still people upset then too. After they reopened everything went ok up until this past fiasco. Well it was still the same as far as fighting to get in to place an order, but no website issues really. I think they've become more popular than they ever expected.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC

As Jshill520 stated, their move was a while back. Unless they moved yet again.

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
They moved like a year ago. They warned us a couple months before moving but there were still people upset then too. After they reopened everything went ok up until this past fiasco. Well it was still the same as far as fighting to get in to place an order, but no website issues really. I think they've become more popular than they ever expected.

As Jshill520 stated, their move was a while back. Unless they moved yet again.

thanks for the responses! I'm not sure now if I was reading an old thread. probably cause I doubt he would have moved again. guess I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. well, the stores been open for 5 hours now, but no Boba's....

one suggestion would be to put up a notify me button so peeps can know when it's back in stock

borderdan

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
El Paso
Think about all the hype that all these problems create. Ecf probably gets 100 new members every day and those new members come across these bb/gj threads. Even though there are thousands of juice vendors out there the newbies are going to hear about bb first. They could easily meet the demand but the demand keeps the buzz going. I just don't appreciate being deceived.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Think about all the hype that all these problems create. Ecf probably gets 100 new members every day and those new members come across these bb/gj threads. Even though there are thousands of juice vendors out there the newbies are going to hear about bb first. They could easily meet the demand but the demand keeps the buzz going. I just don't appreciate being deceived.

This is a good point. And from a marketing perspective, it seems to be working. However, due to the shortage and new members reading the hype, Alien Vapors get a lot of sales. That's unfortunate.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Actually, when you see so many new members popping up over here, it's not that all of them were new members and then found out about BB/GJ; I believe they found out about BB/GJ and then became an ECF member. I've seen too many new members popping up talking as if they were experienced vapers with chips on their shoulder to boot. I don't care about post counts or join dates, but when a new member jumps into a situation that has been on-going, and is preoccupied with one liquid, that tells me they have been thinking of that one liquid for more than just their join date.

Before I joined ECF, PBusardo always talked about BB. I couldn't even understand what he was really saying half the time--I thought, "Bubbles Boutty?" :blink:

p.s. When I talk about "new members," I mean new--not sort of new, or recently joined, but new. I really believe a lot of these vapers came to ECF to try and get the inside scoop (which there really was none) on how they could obtain the mystical liquid.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Actually, when you see so many new members popping up over here, it's not that all of them were new members and then found out about BB/GJ; I believe they found out about BB/GJ and then became an ECF member. I've seen too many new members popping up talking as if they were experienced vapers with chips on their shoulder to boot. I don't care about post counts or join dates, but when a new member jumps into a situation that has been on-going, and is preoccupied with one liquid, that tells me they have been thinking of that one liquid for more than just their join date.

Before I joined ECF, PBusardo always talked about BB. I couldn't even understand what he was really saying half the time--I thought, "Bubbles Boutty?" :blink:

p.s. When I talk about "new members," I mean new--not sort of new, or recently joined, but new. I really believe a lot of these vapers came to ECF to try and get the inside scoop (which there really was none) on how they could obtain the mystical liquid.

I think you are exactly right about that. Normally newer members are looking for guidance instead of voicing their opinions so much. Almost any e cig related search you do brings up a ton of ecf threads. It's not hard to find this place and figure out what's going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread