Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
I am torn. I am figuring out what I all want while trying to be as patient as I can to wait for a blem. If I go with a new one I am thinking either tra or hammertone with a kawasaki green sl door or anodized black with an sl brass door that I can try to patina. Soo many options!

I have a black anodized that I LOVE. I understand waiting for a blem - 4 of mine were blems! I just recently bought TRA SL and a regular TRA blem doors to switch out on mine. Love them too! I love the brass combo!!!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I am torn. I am figuring out what I all want while trying to be as patient as I can to wait for a blem. If I go with a new one I am thinking either tra or hammertone with a kawasaki green sl door or anodized black with an sl brass door that I can try to patina. Soo many options!

PM me, might be able to help you with that ;)

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA

PM Rob'/Redeyedancer on the Reo thread or on the site. He may have blems available, but no time to update.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I spent all weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) in the Georgia heat at our gun range for a tactical rifle class. Shot about 1200 rounds all weekend... sunburnt, tired and sore as hell but next to me the entire time was my Reo and with H1N1! Today I mixed 50/50 H1N1 and well aged CB. Amazing!!!

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
It's actually not to hard to do. I had it in my hand (where it usually is), trying to get in the door after work while keeping any dogs from escaping. I carry a canvas shoulder bag to/from the office and had a ream of copy paper in it so it was heavy.

The bag slipped off my shoulder and hit the button on the Reo HARD firing it for about 5 seconds. The hit to the button broke the firing pin in two inside the delrin.

Besides not having another firing pin, it looks like you have to pretty much disassemble including breaking and replacing the center pin to fix it. Not sure I'd get it all back together so am thinking of sending it in.

Last edited:

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
It's actually not to hard to do. I had it in my hand (where it usually is), trying to get in the door after work while keeping any dogs from escaping. I carry a canvas shoulder bag to/from the office and had a ream of copy paper in it so it was heavy.

The bag slipped off my shoulder and hit the button the Reo HARD firing it for about 5 seconds. The hit to the button broke the firing pin in two inside the delrin.

Besides not having another firing pin, it looks like you have to pretty much disassemble including breaking and replacing the center pin to fix it. Not sure I'd get it all back together so am thinking of sending it in.

Yes, send it back to Rob...so very sorry...:(

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas

The bag slipped off my shoulder and hit the button on the Reo HARD firing it for about 5 seconds. The hit to the button broke the firing pin in two inside the delrin.

That really sucks! I broke my firing pin recently but only b/c i'm a button masher. But, he had it shipped out the day after he received it so he's really quick!

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
That really sucks! I broke my firing pin recently but only b/c i'm a button masher. But, he had it shipped out the day after he received it so he's really quick!

I'm thinking I might be a button masher also causing it to be weakened to start with. Having a button cover makes it more difficult to know the best tension on the button. Who knows??? Hope that doesn't happen often.

Tomorrow's a USPS holiday so plan to FedEx it to him. Good to know she may be released from the hospital quickly.

I think I've found the only reason a second Reo might be good for me. :)

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
I'm thinking I might be a button masher also causing it to be weakened to start with. Having a button cover makes it more difficult to know the best tension on the button. Who knows??? Hope that doesn't happen often.

Tomorrow's a USPS holiday so plan to FedEx it to him. Good to know she may be released from the hospital quickly.

I think I've found the only reason a second Reo might be good for me. :)

After doing that, I've paid more attention to listening to it fire. I literally was mashing it as hard in as possible but have found that you only have to barely touch it to hear it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread