lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
CHAT -

#5 finally off work yay ! Hi lisa hugs

Mogi! <3 I saw you post and kept forgetting to send you a note! I got some Corundrum and have been letting it steep. It is a bit harsh as my ADV, so I am just vaping it as a treat! I hope you are doing well! <3

You have a good night and get home safe =]

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut

Morningnite!!

My first big book was Papillon, when I was around 12 my brother had read it and left his copy at home between semesters at college.... I remember looking at it and thinking how thick it was at the time.... None the less I picked it up and couldnt stop.... This led to the Dune trilogy (another brotherly castoff)... The first in the trilogy was as thick but no longer as intimidating, many years later Dune the movie was a bit of a let down... at least for me. Trilogies seemed to be the thing. Tolkien's Hobbit and Hitchikers Guide followed. Waited until 1979 to read 1984.;)

tumblr_lr44o4UZ9M1qj2x3jo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

lisancentraltx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2009
Ringling Brothers Circus
BUMP -

Morningnite!! My first big book was Papillon, when I was around 12 my brother had read it and left his copy at home between semesters at college.... I remember looking at it and thinking how thick it was at the time.... None the less I picked it up and couldnt stop.... This led to the Dune trilogy (another brotherly castoff)... The first in the trilogy was as thick but no longer as intimidating, many years later Dune the movie was a bit of a let down... at least for me. Trilogies seemed to be the thing. Tolkien's Hobbit and Hitchikers Guide followed. Waited until 1979 to read 1984.;)

I read 1984 in the late 70s early 80s, BUT I have never watched the movie LOL I don't know why... something I read or heard about it

I have several favorite books that I carry around in soft cover and hard cover, The Secret of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton It's not my usual preference since I prefer the blood and guts in horror, but it's really one of my favorite stories because it has such funny and endearing characters in it. Swan Song by Robert R. McCammon is a monstrously huge book that I keep because it is always large enough to get me through a flight to and from wherever I am going and I like the apocalyptic stories best =] I can't remembr what others I have... but I know I have a 34GB of eBooks, so I just take the tablet when I am going anywhere.

Tish Talons

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Oh yeah.

Sets the tone for the entire book.
#1 Great book! My favorite Cure song was written about The Stranger by Camus. I love art that inspires more art. Its... inspiring. lol

and of course it doesn't quote what book you guys were talking about. great.

Last edited:

jpf880

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
oHIo
chat

Good day all! I hope everyone else's morning is going better than mine. when I was doing my running around yesterday my tire went almost flat so I stopped to put air in it. My valve stem was broken but I still got air to go in and filled it up. It held the rest of the day but when I went out to check it this morning......FLAT as could be! The bad news isn't that I had to put my spare on but the dealership wants $200 to fix it! $200 for a valve stem! Well it seems the stem has a air sensor in it to let me know when my tires low. I found the part at autozone for $60 so now I have to see how much the tire store is going to charge to put it on. What a morning just when I thought I couldn't get more broke.

Schnarph _ This is the RBA I have if would please send me the one you have as I'm not going to have a chance to find one with my recent developments. Thank You!
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1363601

Last edited:

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut

Chat

Papillon was the first big book I voluntarily read too, about the same age. I couldn't put i dow

I have a feeling if my parents knew some of the graphic descriptions of how they hid their valuables, the book would have probably been taken away... Heck... they hid my record I had of "Sister Mary Elephant"

Last edited:

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
7/9 #1

Morning all!

All this talk of books wants to make me curl up at home with a stack. When I get into a reading fit I go whole hog and can do 300+ pages a day. I read quickly... Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury were some of my favorites growing up, adding in early Stephen King and late Phillip K .... when I hit my teens.

And now I want to leave work sick and hit the library :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread