Weight gain/loss after quitting cigs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

motoman883

Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
Mt Washington Ky
I havent lost any wieght yet, but its only been 50 days but I cant stand the taste of anything sweet ie candy,snack cakes,i used to be a junk food junky,I have also cut out soft drinks and fried foods, I think the sweet flavors have taken the place of the junk food. Im 6' 2" and 220 lbs and have been that wieght most of my adult life but I would like to tone up the old body, things have started to droop over my 44 years.

Feryll

Mar 28, 2014
Hungary, Budapest
I used to hit the gym pretty hard once and I learned how to build my diet to loose fat or gain muscle so when I stopped smoking I didn't gain weight because I (somewhat) care about my diet. It is really an easy thing but most people lack the information and they keep telling themselves that they have bad dna while they should only change their eating habits.
Anyway I agree smoking helps to suppress hunger. vaping not so much.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
I've lost 31 lbs since January, we started vaping at Christmas, stopped analogs around the end of Feb. instead of eating I vape, it's a great replacement for sweets that I always craved when I tried to quit. loving it

congratulations. i am down 47 lbs since last august. lost a lot in a short time similar to you and now i am losing roughly a pound a week which is considered a healthy rate. i think it has a lot to do with a healthy mentality. the possibility of enjoying a more healthy life and hope for the future as opposed to the certain death that tobacco addiction offers.

just like quitting smoking you CAN do anything you set your mind to...enjoy life,make your own luck. peace <*}}}>{

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My weight remained stable after I started vaping. Then, about 18 months in, my doctor advised me to lose 30 pounds. I lost 40 pounds instead, and it was no problem. I've kept the weight off, too, with very little effort on my part.

By contrast, I've known a lot of smokers who quit cold-turkey and consequently ballooned, some gaining a hundred pounds or more. These poor people then try to diet and are ultimately unsuccessful at keeping off the weight. As they've aged, they've become prone to obesity-related health problems.

I wonder if there's ever been a study done of life expectancy and causes of death for those who continue to smoke right up until they assume room temperature versus those who had quit smoking decades earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread