Weird "bubbling" sound when I vape???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juusuhako

Nov 29, 2015
Hi everyone,
I bought a KANGERTECH subox NANO black friday. Please know this is my first time EVER having an e-cig so I know nothing about them.

When I vape, it makes a weird bubbling/gurgling sound (uploaded so you can hear):

First all you can hear is "air" but then it suddenly makes that noise.

Also, I can see liquid/moisture where I vape: prntscr.com/989py1 (please copy-paste in browser)

Is this normal? The guy in the store set it up for me. It runs 1.6ohm, I change the watt alot. Sometimes I inhale directly, sometimes I just "drag" on it lige a cigarette so the vape is in my mouth and then I inhale.

Juusuhako

Nov 29, 2015
The weird bubbling sound (gurgle) most often associated with Subtanks is from a flooded coil. Most often you can turn up the power a few watts and it will vaporize the juice. (I didn't listen to the clips). What power setting are you using?

And how does this happen? The guy in the store set it up for me, put about 2 drops in the 2 holes on the sides, and 2 drops in the top. Then filled the tank and put coil in.

I run 1.5ohm, right now at 17W. I do however jump around in watt alot, since im new. I never go past 20 though.

I have tried blowing "into" it for about 10 seconds (though not at high watt), smelled abit burnt, but the sound remained. I read other places that its meant to sound like this, that its just the sound of the e-juice being "heated" into vape.

Reactions: thetrucker

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome to the board. They do make noise when working properly, but the sound is usually described as crackling, and is not unlike the noise made by a few drops of water hitting a hot skillet as it flashes to steam. A bubbling noise usually indicates flooding in the vape chamber. Disassemble your tank wnd check the coil for a missing o-ring and be sure it is properly seated.

Juusuhako

Nov 29, 2015
Hi and welcome to the board. They do make noise when working properly, but the sound is usually described as crackling, and is not unlike the noise made by a few drops of water hitting a hot skillet as it flashes to steam. A bubbling noise usually indicates flooding in the vape chamber. Disassemble your tank wnd check the coil for a missing o-ring and be sure it is properly seated.

I have no idea how to do this, as im new. Nor do I know what to look for, and where. :(
Can I take the coil up when theres still e-juice in the container?

edit: I tried blowing into it again (7 seconds, wait 30 seconds, then another 7 seconds), at 24W. It definitely tastes burned now, ew.

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
And how does this happen? The guy in the store set it up for me, put about 2 drops in the 2 holes on the sides, and 2 drops in the top. Then filled the tank and put coil in.

I run 1.5ohm, right now at 17W. I do however jump around in watt alot, since im new. I never go past 20 though.

I have tried blowing "into" it for about 10 seconds (though not at high watt), smelled abit burnt, but the sound remained. I read other places that its meant to sound like this, that its just the sound of the e-juice being "heated" into vape.

" The KBOX Nano can now output from 7 watts to 50 watts with 0.1 watt increments! The KBOX Nano can fire atomizers as low as 0.3 ohm, perfect for cloud chasing enthusiasts." Link : Kangertech SUBOX Kit with KBOX Nano and Subtank Nano- Black

I run my 75 watt unit at 20 Watts and .5 ohms. I am not familiar with a wattage for mine at higher ohms. One thing I learned early is that high VG Nic Juice is harder to use and can also clog up coils. I burnt a coil using a VG Max juice before I knew any better. First thing I noticed was the burnt smell, second thing was it did not vape as well, clogged.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I don't know because I don't have a subtank. With most of the factory coil tanks the tank can be inverted and the base unscrewed without spilling. the coil will be in the middle of the base, and it just unscrews from it. Compare it to one of the spares to look for a missing seal. Then reinstall it, firm but not overtight. The idea is to contact the seals, then just a bit more to keep from deforming them.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hi everyone,
I bought a KANGERTECH SUBOX NANO black friday. Please know this is my first time EVER having an e-cig so I know nothing about them.

When I vape, it makes a weird bubbling/gurgling sound (uploaded so you can hear):

Also, I can see liquid/moisture where I vape: prntscr.com/989py1 (please copy-paste in browser)

Is this normal? The guy in the store set it up for me. It runs 1.6ohm, I change the watt alot. Sometimes I inhale directly, sometimes I just "drag" on it lige a cigarette so the vape is in my mouth and then I inhale.

the sound is normal.
get used to the sound; a dry coil sounds different from a flooded coil; so if you get used to the sound you learn to detect the diffence; comes in usefull when your vape is giving problems.

the vape is fog; it's like mist; air with droplets of moisture in it, so moisture is likely to get on the tips

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi everyone,
I bought a KANGERTECH SUBOX NANO black friday. Please know this is my first time EVER having an e-cig so I know nothing about them.

Sounds as if one of two things is happening.

1. There is not enough wick and it is trying to spit back

2. The coil is flooded.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

The Subtank used premade coils. Sometimes the person building coils puts too much cotton. Sometimes not enough. That is just the way it happens some times.

The person at the shop primed the coil for you.. Burning cotton tastes nasty.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I read other places that its meant to sound like this, that its just the sound of the e-juice being "heated" into vape.
I listened to the clip. I agree with @edyle, it sounded very normal (that hissing sound). Just the sound a coil makes when it is vaporizing juice.

Bubbling/gurgling sounds different to me.

Reactions: YoursTruli

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I listened to clips and it sounds normal to me. If flooded you can feel the juice bubbling in it. Sounds like that is not happening. They all make noise. If vaping smooth and you are getting a consistent hit it is right. Ear plugs will stop the crackling noise e-cigs produce. j/k CHEERS!

Last edited:
Reactions: YoursTruli

Juusuhako

Nov 29, 2015
I would recommend going back to the shop for a 1-1 tutorial on how to use it again.
Yep, going down there tomorrow, hear what they have to say.

Is there any chance you can ruin the whole unit if you do something wrong with the coil, or is it always only the coil that in the end gets damaged and just needs to be replaced?

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I tried changing the coil (I never should have, im too fast to do these things before I wait for answers!) now theres liquid running out from the air-holes... :c
Welcome to vaping, we've all been there at least once. Never fear, it gets easier. If you have a spare coil, just swap them out. Prime it first. If not, you can probably save the one you have with a little effort.

Disclaimer: I do not have that tank, and am not familiar with it. But it does appear that there's not much liquid in it. In my tanks, I find they misbehave when the level gets too low. Unless there's more liquid that's not visible from the angle in your video, try filling it up again. While you have it open, wipe down the outside of the coil, and all of the inside where the coil sits (with a dry paper towel). Put it back together again, and, holding it upside down with a paper towel over the top, try shaking it to get the excess liquid out of the chimney. Shake it like you're trying to get ketchup out of a bottle. Then twist up a corner of paper towel and poke it down inside the chimney to absorb any leftover liquid that shouldn't be there. Once it's all put back together, hold a paper towel over the air hole and blow through it. Don't use the button, just give it a good blow. Any juice in the air holes should blow right out.

This works for my Nautilus and Kanger (Evod, Mega, Emow) tanks. I do this every time I refill, and whenever it feels gurgly/bubbly, or if it leaks.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
That doesn't sound like gurgling at all, just normal e-liquid sizzling while being vaporized on the atomizer coil. When a coil gets too much e-liquid(flooded), then it will gurgle, which sounds like when you're sucking the last drops of a drink through a straw. When a coil is flooded the performance will be terrible, very little vapor. If your coil is giving off a burnt flavor after it's been working well for a while, then it may be dirty and time for a change. If your coil used cotton for the wicking material and you run it dry before adding more liquid the cotton could get burnt. The same goes for a new coil, you must make sure the cotton gets saturated with e-liquid before applying power or the cotton will get burnt. Once the cotton is burnt that bad taste won't go away till you change or rebuild the coil/wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread