Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Hey all. What's crack-a-lackin?

Just wanted to pop in to see if anyone else has a similar experience to mine regarding fruit punch flavors.

I've tried 3 or 4, and while they smell wonderful and have a decent taste initially, they all seem to have this strange taste on the exhale....like it's rotten fruit? Or burnt fruit? Is burnt fruit even a thing? Or maybe it's a metallic taste. I can't really describe it. But it's unpleasant. Just at first there is that wonderful Hawaiian Punch flavor...then it turns into all that weird stuff I was trying to describe.

I'm pretty confident that it has nothing to do with my coils or set up. This has only happened with fruit punch flavors. Right now I am trying to vape Golden Gate Punch from Vapealicious. It has great reviews. Many claim it to be their ADV.

Another one I tried was MBV's "Bloodbath" from the GWAR line. Same results.

There were 1 or 2 more that also had similar results, but I forget the brands.

What is that strange taste I'm getting from fruit punch flavors? I want to like fruit punch vapes so bad.

I vape mainly White Walker from Seduce juice along with a few other RY4 blends. But sometimes I like something a little fruity and sweet. I can't seem to find fruit vapes that I like.

Input, please!

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I have notice that I also get a hint of slightly metallic flavor from my grape flavors but only at certain concentrations and temps otherwise they are great. I heard somewhere that anise/licorice flavor ingredients can sometimes leave the medicinal aftertaste.

I've only tried one grape flavor, and it was really good, but not my thing. It was from Apollo. Nothing metallic there.

And I am one of those people that love black licorice, so I don't mind the medicinal taste. :) I just wish I could enjoy my fruit punch liquids because they taste so good at first!

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I know what you are saying. I think it might just be difficult to produce a good facsimile of fruit punch. I have tried two different brands. Each have a distinct (yet different) funk to them. Will be ordering a third brand tomorrow. If I can't dig it I will stop my quest.

Libbydude, which ones have you tried? And which one do you have on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread