• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome the new Moderators of Wrecked and Bonkers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
For those of you still around..get ready! jj2 and trukinlady will be the new mods of Wrecked and Bonkers. :D
They are both hard working sub forum mods already in jj2's Disabilities/Special Needs/Chronic Health Conditions
and trukinlady's Cancer survivors and loved ones,

I know they will bring their skills and knowledge to this sub forum and to you.

For me the main concern is that they run this forum in the spirit that Kate began it. She believed in inclusion of everyone..sick, caregiver or friend. She also believed that the mentalily ill as well as the chronicly ill should be given respect, understanding but most of all treatment!

Thanks Kate, for trusting me with W&B and the Women's Room!

kate2.jpg

As mods I would hope these wonderful ladies continue my additional rule in here..Play nice!

AngusATAT will be giving you the keys as soon as he can. he's a good guy!:thumbs:

Welcome ladies and have fun!:D

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
:ohmy:I hope we live up to your expectations.

TY for the official welcome.

________________________________________________________________________________
To be posted for contest

PreVet Contest 2012

To enter you must be turning ECF Veteran in the year 2012.

There will be prizes given away monthly and the winners will be announced as soon as possible the following month.
First prize will go to a member who completed all steps in an Avatar Party.
Second prize to a member who didn't qualify for First prize.

All 2012 PreVets who wish to enter need to go to PreVet FAQs and complete Question 3. What steps do I take to participate? to become eligible.

The last step of the contest is done here. Once you are eligible to enter, you need to post the link to your Welcome Thread in Veteran’s Forum in this thread. The number of your post will be your contest entry number and Random will be used to pick the winners.

The first drawing will cover all of January 2012 so if you’ve already participated in an event go find the link to your Welcome Thread in the Veteran’s forum and post it here.

At the end of the year there will be another drawing that will cover the whole year of 2012. Past winners are in on this one too.
There will be a Grand Prize (PV...TBD. The newest and shiniest at the time and provide by deejStuff) for those who completed all steps in an Avatar Party.
And a second prize (2- 30 ml of juice...winners choice of flavor & MG from BWB) for those not elgible for the Grand Prize.

Good luck to all ECF members who turn Vet in 2012!!!!

There has been some recent changes in the Options of the PreVet thread.

The biggest change is getting rid of the Topic Theme and going with just a Welcome Thread and an Avatar Party.

We are also having a 2012 contest!!! Each member for January (those still on the List) and February will be notified by PM to make any changes they deem necessary.

If you participated in a PreVet 2012 celebration before the contest and would like to enter, please go to {link} and follow instructions.

Thank you for your patience.

One
Questions:

1. What is a short explanation of an ECF Veteran?
Answer (A.) ECF Veteran is a status you're given by the forum after you have been a member for a year. You also need a post count between 70-80.
The forum software will automatically make you a Vet one year later on the day and around the hour that you joined.
If by chance, the software did not give you the status of Veteran, you need to PM one of the moderators. Go here and scroll down to the bottom and look under ECF Moderator.

2. If obtaining Veteran status is automatic then why have a celebration?
The obvious is because they have been a member of the forum for a year, but it also represents a member's success at smoking less or not smoking at all. It is a proud and exciting time for them and we REALLY like celebrating with each to-be new Vet.

3. What steps do I take to participate?
A. First Step: Getting yourself on the schedule list that we keep. To do this you need to read the rest of this post and the first post on the PreVet thread. Once you have done that visit the PreVet thread and let us know that you'd like to participate.

Second Step: Giving us enough time to find out what time you will turn Vet.

Third Step: Deciding what option you want and your Options are:
-----Welcome Thread: We start a thread to announce your arrival instead of you having to introduce yourself. Once you turn Veteran, please take the time to visit and say hi so other Vets can welcome you.
With this option, you can enter the {contest LINK} that the PreVet thread is doing for second prize.
----- Avatar Party: We change our avatars to a topic of your choice and we use your topic to party on the PreVet thread. We’ll also start a Welcome Thread in the Veteran’s Forum and many members will use your topic in their post. On the PreVet thread there will be a countdown and fireworks to celebrate the moment. Believe it or not, this is a lot of fun!!!
With this option, if you are at the PreVet thread 30 minutes before and through your scheduled time to turn, you can enter the {contest link} for the grand prize.

Fourth Step: Come to the PreVet thread and ask any questions you have. Actually you can do this anytime during the process.

Fifth Step: Post your option and, if applicable, your topic on the PreVet thread. Your topic can be anything that is acceptable under ECF rules: A cause, hobby, activity, vacation, TV show, type of music, a band, your dog/cat or other animal, ect. ect.

Sixth Step: PM me the link and the number to that post.

Things get a little hectic on PreVet thread and post are easy to miss. For this we apologize but it is YOUR responsibility to check the PreVetList to make sure your info is there. The link is in my signature.

If for some reason you didn't make it to your Avatar Party, you are disqualified for the Grand Prize in the contest. :(
You still can enter for Second Prize though. :)

Two

Questions continued.

4 What is an avatar?
A. Look to the left of this post and you will see:
jj2
A short message (I change this periodically so it will differ)
ECF Veteran
Supporting Member (this could possible be there or not)
A picture. This picture is my avatar.

5. How much notice do I have to give to celebrate my turning day?
A. No matter what time you make your request, we will not turn you away. We've actually successful done this for members in the matter of minutes.
Although we would really appreciate some advanced notice---gives everyone time to dig something up for pics. Two weeks prior to your turning date would be awesome.

6. How soon can I be put on the list?
A. We try to limit scheduling to the current and the following month or 60 (give or take) days ahead.

7. What if someone is already down for the day I turn?
A. No problem!!! We do our best to accommodate multiple members turning on the same date. Each member is free to choose their own theme; participants rotate and/or combine themes as desired.

8. Wouldn't it be simpler just to put those about to turn Vet on the List?
A. Right at the moment there is an average of about 250 members who will turn Vet each month. Not all of them are active and then not all members that are active want to participate so no one is automatically put on the schedule. This is why it's important that you make your wishes clear on the PreVet. And at the appropriate time, PM me.

9. Who picks who starts my Welcome Thread?
A. Someone from the PreVet committee. If you have someone special in mind, and they are a Vet, please PM me and I will try my best to arrange it.

10. What time of day will I turn Vet?
A. Classwife (or another of the forum moderators) let's us know when it will happen. Once you have stated that you want to participate, Classy will go to work and find out when you turn. Then if you want to know, all you have to do is click on the link in my signature to PreVet List and scroll down to post #4 and it will be next to your name. If you want it to be a surprise, don't look and let us know that you don't!

11. I can only be here during a certain time of day, is there a way to pick a time that I will turn?
A. It's iffy so we only make a few exceptions but yes there is.
Let's say you joined ECF at 1:05 PM. Since we know that the forum updates at 25 minutes past the hour that means the forum will change your status to Vet at 1:25 PM.

To avoid changing on your scheduled time, the trick is for you not to be logged in anytime near 1:25 and for you to stay logged off until you want to turn.
For an example, let's say you want to turn at 5:25 instead. This means that you would refrain from logging in until AFTER 4:25. About a quarter till would be great so we can party a little bit with you before the big event.

Of course this means you can't actively participate in what's going on in the PreVet thread but you can keep an eye on what's going on by visiting ECF as a guest.

12. What happens if something changes and I can't make my Avatar Party?
A.
1. Let me know and I will change it to a Welcome Thread.
2. A no-show means you've committed a faux pas and unfortunately will disqualify you for the big prize in the contest but you will still have a chance for 2nd prize.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread