Sa-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! :thumbs:

img0676mx.jpg

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
man, sorry to post this but I was a little disappointed with the depth charge. I ordered the one that fits on standard cartos and it's pretty small. shorter than even a standard boge (carto sticks out a bit on the top) it's also a pita to refill with the depth of the caps and the capacity is very low, I'm only able to get about a mil, maybe a mil and a half into it without risking overflowing when the cap is put on. Tried filling it multiple ways and nothing seemed to be that easy.

On the positive, the build quality is impressive, it's very pretty. My personal recommendation would be to go to a slightly longer, slightly wider tank size so that the end of the carto is flush at both ends of the caps and you can get more juice in it (for the standard carto length tank) also, for the price you're charging for the standard poly carb version it really should at least come with a pre-punched carto.

Your product is nice, very nice infact but it has some fundamental flaws that negate it as an everyday tool for me, I use tanks so I don't have to fill cartos up much and with the hassle of refilling the depth charge and the limited capacity it's not worth it to use over just a carto. As an aesthetic accessory to a mod it IS very pretty and I'll probably use it when I have to be on stage since it looks neater but for function, you could keep it just as cool looking and make it a touch more user friendly and higher capacity.

When can we expect the screw fill gummy tanks?

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
man, sorry to post this but I was a little disappointed with the depth charge. I ordered the one that fits on standard cartos and it's pretty small. shorter than even a standard boge (carto sticks out a bit on the top) it's also a pita to refill with the depth of the caps and the capacity is very low, I'm only able to get about a mil, maybe a mil and a half into it without risking overflowing when the cap is put on. Tried filling it multiple ways and nothing seemed to be that easy.

On the positive, the build quality is impressive, it's very pretty. My personal recommendation would be to go to a slightly longer, slightly wider tank size so that the end of the carto is flush at both ends of the caps and you can get more juice in it (for the standard carto length tank) also, for the price you're charging for the standard poly carb version it really should at least come with a pre-punched carto.

Your product is nice, very nice infact but it has some fundamental flaws that negate it as an everyday tool for me, I use tanks so I don't have to fill cartos up much and with the hassle of refilling the depth charge and the limited capacity it's not worth it to use over just a carto. As an aesthetic accessory to a mod it IS very pretty and I'll probably use it when I have to be on stage since it looks neater but for function, you could keep it just as cool looking and make it a touch more user friendly and higher capacity.

When can we expect the screw fill gummy tanks?

Let me share some ideas with you. I agree that the 2ml tube is too small. It was made this way so that you could slide the tank up a bit to cover the holes in the carto. I'm sure there's a reason for doing this, I just can't think of one! The solution is simple. Order the 2.5ml tubes for the Torpedo Tank. They fit perfectly and hold enough juice to last me a full day. Now if you're a bit handy you could always add a fill port to your tank. Here's the interesting part. I've added ports to four different suppliers tubes. Two of them developed cracks within about ten days. Two didn't. Jonah's tubes haven't cracked on me yet. I don't know whether or not the other guys used Acrylic instead of poly or just a different brand of poly but for whatever reason, Jonahs and another suppliers have held up perfectly. To make what I have in the picture below you need a 7/32" drill bit and a 6-36 x 1/8" set screw. You will also need a small Allen wrench that fits the set screw. Both can be found at Ace Hardware. Drill the hole, a slower drill speed works better and then slowly screw the set screw into the hole. You will be tapping the poly so that when you're done, you can just screw it in and out as needed. When tapping the hole, work slowly, backing out the screw a bit and screwing it in a bit more each time. It's really much easier than I'm making it sound. It's just that, through trial and error, I've found what works best for me. Once completed, all you need is a syringe to fill.
Hope this helps!
img0689f.jpg

Lance_Wallen

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2011
Fort Worth
www.steammonkey.com
I appreciate the tip, but for me, at 50 bucks it needs to be pretty much a 'done deal' product. adding screw fills to make up for what I consider a design flaw is a work around at best. I do love the way the tank looks, I really do, it's just too small for me to justify using it frequently.

As for drilling causing cracks, older jtanks and liquinators used acrylic, the new ones use poly, they 'shouldnt' crack unless you drill it with a blunt tip. I've got a tap and die set too and a lot of set screws from my modding exploints so I'll probably modify my liquinators and my depth charge in the long run.

What i want is a tank that holds 3-4ml has good aesthetics, doesn't slide off the carto easily, and has an easy fill method like the set screw option or even a plug.

thanks for the feedback, this prodcut has potential and even in it's current state its not "bad" just not quite what I would hope for in a tank.

Big Fran

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2011
Philadelphia,PA
Fran, you recommend the Buzz Pro over the Provari?

If I could only have one it would be the Provari by far. Thats not to say the Buzz is bad at all. The Provari is the best PV I have ever used. The Buzz works just as well but the Provari looks better to me and has more features. The Buzz is lighter and cost less. For me the Buzz is better for working in a shop environment.

eko824

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Los Angeles
If I could only have one it would be the Provari by far. Thats not to say the Buzz is bad at all. The Provari is the best PV I have ever used. The Buzz works just as well but the Provari looks better to me and has more features. The Buzz is lighter and cost less. For me the Buzz is better for working in a shop environment.

I gotcha. Confused me since you said you used the Provari as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread