Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
i don't know if something changed with the RM2, mine fits dual 27 kanthal fine

and before jumpin into the REO, since I wasn't sure, I was specific to buy my first one Blemished, Rob does take those back afaik (although, not sure IF a used one would be taken back)

all I'm saying is, yes, if you take it upon yourself you can get the same (actually, better) performance that with the tube mods you are accustomed to with the REO

my POV in all the developing drama, i try to be respectful and try to provide some insight of why things are not working for you (tried the same with the tomzgreat afair, I was one calling for the other guys to take it easy on tom)

I'm not a fanboy of anything, not for my REO, not for my provari nor for any of the other mods I own

I love them all, but any design will always have room for improvements, either by yourself or by requesting it form the manufacturer. i just find the former to be faster.

only thing i have not modded / tweaked myself is the provari, but that 'cause it's just a tube with a pretty decent chip on it, and I know NOTHING about electronics. but it could certainly do with +1 or even +2 amps above its current limit

for the REO, I just wish Rob would grant us with a dna20d one and keep the security features where they are, that's all

Thedan1284

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2013
Travis AFB, CA
Im sorry it doesnt work for you. When i first got it i had to get over a learning curve to get accustomed to the reo/rm2. The thing i noticed is that the way i inhaled and filled my mouth with the vapor was crucial. If i hit it like i hit my old mech tube topped with an a7,igo, nimbus, genesis style tank-- it lacked flavor and production. Within a week my new inhale was second nature. And also within that same week i became pretty good at micro coil builds. If your reo is still in your inventory, try pinching your airflow with your lips a little. The flavor will drastically change with it. Alot of the micro coilers also position their coil differently within the rm2 and it will switch up your throat hit, warmth, and flavor. So in all fairness I did have a few sub-par days with my reo. But now it works for me as well as my old mechs, but its ease of use and all in 1ness have won me over for good.
I wont judge or look down on you no matter what route you choose. Just stay off the coffin nails and pay it forward to other people and help teach them what personally works for you.

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
Hi Bigcloudz

I read your posts earlier but was crazy busy with the Mayweather fight last night.

I have had some time to allow the posts to digest.

Here's my take.

I can understand your feelings and your just being perfectly honest within your own perspective.

This being said I also tend to look at things in terms of the average person within a communities perspective.
99% of the people who frequent this area are absolutely in love with their REO. In fact I'd say it was a "game changer" for most and holds a sentimental value to them. Add to that it's american made by Rob who is active on the forums and this only further cauterizes the emotions they hold true with the REO.

This is also why this area is so frequented. Rob has taken word of mouth marketing to a whole new level through genuine interaction and caring to the best of his ability.

The RB2 is simply a modded empire mods sold Dripper. Nothing fancy prior to modification but it has the traits and specs which make it a ideal candidate for Rob to work with. The REO's themselves are the only things he CNC's out of a block of aluminum along w/ some of the derlin parts and perhaps some of the firing mech. He may do the finish or may have it sourced. This would not be uncommon.

The one comment you made which I'm sure was simply based on frustration was that you couldn't believe Rob would ship out a "known" bad RB2 since the hole size didn't meet your specs. Being that it's brass drilling it out would be absolute cake so long as you have the tools.

Rob has built his business based on his customer service along with interactions with his customers. Saying this to me seems a bit wrong simply because you haven't given him enough of a fair shake. Simply ordering something with some bad "luck of the draw" since the RDA he's modding recently had some changes doesn't prove neglect on his part. He's actually already drilling out all of the posts to ensure this is no longer an issue.

If it's not for you in the end so be it. I also own chi's and other tube mech mods. Dripping while I'm driving is a pain....squonking just makes my life easier. The size and form factor of the REO is simple and functional as well.....here's where I'm going with all of this.

Bill Gates and Steve Jobs both have done as well as they have because of the fact that they both "dumbed" down the computer OS to the point where everyone would use it with ease. At the end of the day Rob's running a business and looked to design a mod which performed very well and was simple and functional. I understand your frustrations once again but bear in mid you are in the minority of consumers.

This being said are there areas on the REO that could be improved as well as the RB2. Yes...in fact there are always areas in anything which can be improved. Anyone who thinks different needs to realize true innovation would have never existed if people always accepted the status quo.

I hope you find your answer(s)....personally I just try to keep certain opinions/observations to myself and post if I feel I've found a viable theory while at the same time bearing in mind not to expect most if any to accept or try. 99% are 100% happy so why would I expect any different;)

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Hi Cloudz - Respect for not giving up! I'm not an "at the edge" person with vaping, but have no problem if you're trying for a specific outcome. And it the Reo eventually does not work for your purposes, I'm more than ok with it. Would have loved to be able to help to solve your technical problems, but I'm an UNTECH unfortunately. Dhomes, pdlib and others are way more qualified to do that.

Dhomes, you must be lonely being the only Reonaut (and modded at that) in Venezuela. Beautiful country, on my bucket list - have a friend living in the sticks there.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Well done Reonaughts! You have all shown amazing patience and class throughout this madness. I rarely get involved in threads like this, especially these days but I've just been biting my tongue on this one and can't resist. Since it seems even the most gracious posts have been taken as defensive by some, I'm going to freshen it up with some good old fashioned offence and straight shooting.

BigCloudz. Where do I start lol. Maybe with your first post in this section, where you asked for opinions and answers to your questions. Everyone was gracious enough to type out thoughtful replies, and you insulted the group and called it a cult... Actually you insulted the design, price, and rounded it off by saying you we're appalled by our group..
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/465595-riddle-me.html

Then you return with this beauty of a post. Where do I start. Hmm how about the beginning. 3-4 weeks ago you joined Ecf and made a thread asking what vv/vw was. 2 weeks ago, you started a thread asking for basic RBA coil building advice. Just setting the table here..

That being said, you somehow have the nerve to walk in here again acting like some big swinging ..... hot shot in this thread. "My fake chi does this and this and this..." If two weeks ago you learned how to build a coil, and now you're running sub ohm dual coils on a crappy knock off tube mod, tbh you're lucky you haven't blown your face off yet. Why not just say "hi I'm new" like the rest of us did and ask for help??

So you tampered with, and broke your RM2 within what, 24 hours and expect him to replace of refund it? And since you are now the shining light of coil building, it's a perfect time to rant that Rob wronged us all by having small wire holes in the atty that isn't actually his design or build in the first place? How dare he sell us these attys! Oh wait, I forgot. They are only $38. My chalice was $200. You'd probably notice a similar issue if you stood your precious clone chi beside a REAL one. It's a low cost atty rob mods so his customers have a decent RBA available for a reasonable cost. That being said, if 100 people can make a delicious set up on a rm2/reo combination , and you cannot, where does the fault lie? Could it not maybe be that it's next to impossible to gain the experience and expertise needed to make consistant RBA coils perfectly after 3 weeks of vaping?

I am sympathetic to the troubles and growing pains. This is likely your second ever mod, first ever bottom feeder, first ever bottom feed RBA. And you've been using it for 2 days. That can be crappy for sure, and maybe in a different light you could realize all these people are hugely experienced, and taking time out of their days trying to help you get your reo set up in a way you will enjoy it. If you posted crap like this is some other sections I frequent, it wouldn't have taken 7 pages of this garbage for someone to give you the straight goods.

I've owned every mod you could imagine from Darwin's, provari's to GG, Genisis, and basically everything in between. I can assure you, no matter how shiny something is or what shape it is, it's nothing more then a basic battery holder, with maybe a couple of % difference here and there in power delivery. Your chi doesn't to anything the reo doesn't is what I'm saying. Get the build right and you should enjoy the vape just as much.

My post will likely get deleted because I'm an ......, but here's my advice. Keep it or sell it, totally up to you. Take a deep breath, make peace with the fact you still have a lot to learn, and try to appreciate all these nice people who have been patiently trying to assist you even after all the stupid things you've said here so far.

Good luck bud.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Well done Reonaughts! You have all shown amazing patience and class throughout this madness. I rarely get involved in threads like this, especially these days but I've just been biting my tongue on this one and can't resist. Since it seems even the most gracious posts have been taken as defensive by some, I'm going to freshen it up with some good old fashioned offence and straight shooting.

BigCloudz. Where do I start lol. Maybe with your first post in this section, where you asked for opinions and answers to your questions. Everyone was gracious enough to type out thoughtful replies, and you insulted the group and called it a cult... Actually you insulted the design, price, and rounded it off by saying you we're appalled by our group..
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/465595-riddle-me.html

Then you return with this beauty of a post. Where do I start. Hmm how about the beginning. 3-4 weeks ago you joined Ecf and made a thread asking what vv/vw was. 2 weeks ago, you started a thread asking for basic RBA coil building advice. Just setting the table here..

That being said, you somehow have the nerve to walk in here again acting like some big swinging ..... hot shot in this thread. "My fake chi does this and this and this..." If two weeks ago you learned how to build a coil, and now you're running sub ohm dual coils on a crappy knock off tube mod, tbh you're lucky you haven't blown your face off yet. Why not just say "hi I'm new" like the rest of us did and ask for help??

So you tampered with, and broke your RM2 within what, 24 hours and expect him to replace of refund it? And since you are now the shining light of coil building, it's a perfect time to rant that Rob wronged us all by having small wire holes in the atty that isn't actually his design or build in the first place? How dare he sell us these attys! Oh wait, I forgot. They are only $38. My chalice was $200. You'd probably notice a similar issue if you stood your precious clone chi beside a REAL one. It's a low cost atty rob mods so his customers have a decent RBA available for a reasonable cost. That being said, if 100 people can make a delicious set up on a rm2/reo combination , and you cannot, where does the fault lie? Could it not maybe be that it's next to impossible to gain the experience and expertise needed to make consistant RBA coils perfectly after 3 weeks of vaping?

I am sympathetic to the troubles and growing pains. This is likely your second ever mod, first ever bottom feeder, first ever bottom feed RBA. And you've been using it for 2 days. That can be crappy for sure, and maybe in a different light you could realize all these people are hugely experienced, and taking time out of their days trying to help you get your reo set up in a way you will enjoy it. If you posted crap like this is some other sections I frequent, it wouldn't have taken 7 pages of this garbage for someone to give you the straight goods.

I've owned every mod you could imagine from Darwin's, provari's to GG, Genisis, and basically everything in between. I can assure you, no matter how shiny something is or what shape it is, it's nothing more then a basic battery holder, with maybe a couple of % difference here and there in power delivery. Your chi doesn't to anything the reo doesn't is what I'm saying. Get the build right and you should enjoy the vape just as much.

My post will likely get deleted because I'm an ......, but here's my advice. Keep it or sell it, totally up to you. Take a deep breath, make peace with the fact you still have a lot to learn, and try to appreciate all these nice people who have been patiently trying to assist you even after all the stupid things you've said here so far.

Good luck bud.

Yo, to its defense, that chi yu clone is pretty well built, i'm so getting one

Im also getting more reos, but i still have a soft heart for tube mechs

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
^^ Chinner, kudos to you sir well put.

Sadly I suspected this is how it would turn out by his first post here and was secretly wishing he decided against getting one ....

Is that wrong ?? I don't think so, some people don't deserve to get it.

Yes bigattitude is trying to make it work but that doesn't really matter if you go about it the wrong way.

He's going to sell it anyway and pick up some more 20 dollar Counterfeit mods ...... Anyone that would pay money to support that industry of ripping off honest people give another glimpse as to their own integrity as well.

Last edited:

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Yo, to its defense, that chi yu clone is pretty well built, i'm so getting one

Im also getting more reos, but i still have a soft heart for tube mechs

Yes it is well made I've handled one and its impressive ..... problem is its not a clone its a counterfeit Chi ..... Just wrong. The would be shut down or in jail if it were Nike they were ripping off. But hey you can get a shinny gold one now for 21.60 ... go for it.

Last edited:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
^^ Chinner, kudos to you sir well put.

Sadly I suspected this is how it would turn out by his first post here and was secretly wishing he decided against getting one ....

Is that wrong ?? I don't think so, some people don't deserve to get it.

Yes bigattitude is trying to make it work but that doesn't really matter if you go about it the wrong way.

He's going to sell it anyway and pick up some more 20 dollar POS clones ...... Anyone that would pay money to support that industry of ripping off honest people give another glimpse as to their own integrity as well.

Tim, im off to say in regard to clones, which i buy, that many many times i have tried to get ahold of a ggts, andalso a precise ela and for the past month i tried to get an ihybrid pure (which its maker said would produce 300 a week), and yet, for the life of me i cant find them readily available

I dont want to be in a 6 month waiting list or waiting period after i paid for my device 200+ bucks (this is true of the ELA, pay now, wait and wait until they make yours)

Since people here were charging 50 to 100% more for a used ggts here in the forum (there are now new rules), i did get a mkbts clone which is working beautifully

I support rob, i support provape, i will soon support zen with my money

What i dont support is actually being force to beg for someone to grab my money so i can get what i want

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Yes it is well made I've handled one and its impressive ..... problem is its not a clone its a counterfeit Chi ..... Just wrong. The would be shut down or in jail if it were Nike they were ripping off. But hey you can get a shinny gold one now for 21.60 ... go for it.

Well, if you own a car let me tell you you are also pretty much supporting theft of ip

You see? I worked in analysis of car part via computer simulation, something i learned is that ALL manufactures do reverse engineering among them. Which btw is a federal crime within the united states

I have seen how xxx brand (wont state specific names of previous clients) go and buy at retail the top of the line of each model yyy brand has just for full dissamsembly, analysis of materials and cost and improvement. They go and even record the torque used for each single bolt

The goal was to improve on their own design by copying and designing the work of their rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread