Wetboxes vs Carlos Juice Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Anyone own both?

Which do you think is better? (easier on finding compatible batts, fewer recharges and of course, has the better vape?)

I was looking at both and one vendor's ad for the Wetbox states the 510 carts have an inherent problem that has no alternative carto so if you use the carts that fit it and the unit stops working, you're SOL....

"Concerning the use of the current LR 510 cartomizers and the WetBox, these are offically "Use at your own risk!!!".

We do NOT support these the way they are currently made and there is no modification we could provide for the unit to correct the problem. Therefore, we can neither recommend nor condone the use of the LR cartomizers that are coming out on the market. Should you choose to use them, the makers and vendors of the WetBox mod cannot and will not except responsibility or liability for ANY issues that may arise from their use."

These would be the carts that COME WITH IT! Like wtf?

It says it 'Runs on 1 x 14500 battery at 3.7v' --- When looking at low cost mods, what voltage and mAH should I be looking for so the unit will run longer than a KR808 reg or mega batt?

Also, are there any reasonable mods use batts you can find off-line or how often do you have to replace the batts on these type of juice feeders?

Open to any suggestions of other models that make it possible to not have to refill or top off carts every hour or two and recharging batts so often.

...just needing opinions/reviews from anyone who's tried these. If possible, I'd really appreciate your experience with the vendors you bought yours from.

~tia

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
These are the LOW RESISTANCE LR 510 cartos that people use on other mods. They run hotter and are not safe on the wetbox as they may short out the wiring.

Regular 510, but not LR 510 cartos will work on the 510 wetbox.

KR808 wetboxes can be ordered from Clouds of Vapor or Vapor Flow.

The battery they use, 14500 protected (not the high drain ones) will last about half to 3/4 day for a heavy vaporer.

Last edited:

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Thank-you.

just to be sure I got this right....the higher the voltage of the batt the lower resistance of the cart? A 510 LR cart would work on a KR808 voltage batt?

I'm considering a 510 model cause of a really bad review on the 808.

Which one do you have and compared to the little Chuck, which do you find has more advantages? (outside of appearance - I mean vape-wise, dealing with the vendor, finding parts - generally speaking)

tia

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
I have a wetbox and use LR510 cartos all the time with it. I also have a Carlos Juice Box, which uses an 18650 for 3.7v or you could use 2 cr123a's for 6v in it. Personally I don't care fore the high drain batteries and seem to get better power as well as charge life from LifePo4 batts. Of coarse there isn't any LifePo4's in 14500 or 18650 yet but I tend to get about 8hrs on my wetbox with a regular Trustfire 14500/900mAh and usually just change the battery when filling the bottle back up. As for the Chuck, they're awesome, I've had mine for almost a year and haven't had a single issue, mine is a full size though, I'd rather the HV option.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Where did you purchase yours and when (if I may...)? Are they both still working well?

I have a wetbox and use LR510 cartos all the time with it. I also have a Carlos Juice Box, which uses an 18650 for 3.7v or you could use 2 cr123a's for 6v in it. Personally I don't care fore the high drain batteries and seem to get better power as well as charge life from LifePo4 batts. Of coarse there isn't any LifePo4's in 14500 or 18650 yet but I tend to get about 8hrs on my wetbox with a regular Trustfire 14500/900mAh and usually just change the battery when filling the bottle back up. As for the Chuck, they're awesome, I've had mine for almost a year and haven't had a single issue, mine is a full size though, I'd rather the HV option.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
The only thing holding me back on the Chuck - well, couple things - is that in reading the forum I saw the Precise, lol! I've sort of set my price range lower cause that is one cool looking mod with tons of features. It would make a nice 'year quit date' gift but, I'm not even at six months, yet. It is pri-icey, though so if I'm going to spend $80 with s/h and batteries, I'd rather get something less now and eventually get the Precise.

The other thing, I'm still guessing even on a smaller Chuck, it doesn't auto-fill. (I'm taking just a couple at a time cause I keep getting them mixed up, doh! It really IS quite different than comparing analog-look starters - much harder at first - which is where I'm at the moment).

I'll have to look at the prices again. It looks heavier - the Chuck - Is it?

Still checking it all out - the negative review was only on the 808 Wetbox not the 501 and on the vendor's website. much more to check-out though.

EDIT: I think I might thank you one day for that post! : D

The Chuck all the way. If you read the forum, you'll find numerous problems with the wetbox after only a few short days or weeks of use. I've had both, my wetbox didn't last long, maybe a week. My little chuck I've had about 9months and it's a work horse. For a few bucks more, the Chuck is by far the better bet.

Last edited:

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
The wetbox did have some issues that I fixed myself, the main on/off switch and the pos wire to the connector, but since then no problems. The wet box is avail at clouds of vapor and you can save 10% with the code bigbuyer. The Carlos Juice Box is here at this site and they don't seem to have any valid coupons right now. I'd originally bought a CJB directly from Carlos and sold it because I rarely used it and just recently found one here in the classifieds and it works great.

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
No auto filling on the Chuck, just think of it as a tube that holds a big battery with a connector on top. That is where the carto screws on. It lasts a lot longer, but yes, even the little chuck is a little heavy. I use mine only at home. Would not want to drive with it. Lil chuck can only do 3.7V....not 5v. Big Chuck can do 6V in addition to 3.7V.

Also, 510 amd 808 Wetboxes are EXACTLY the same except for the connector...i.e. if there are complaints of one, that means that ONE had a problem. It doesn't mean all 510's or 808 ones are bad. Also, if you want to try 510 cartos, buy an adapter 901 (808) to 510 (5$) and try some 510 cartos on your V4L batts. I think you will find out that they are not much different from the 808s.

Last edited:

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Thanks Brad & bones!

What do you guys think of this one from Nhalor?

1281542187654-519998204.jpeg

$38/14 day warranty?

Otherwise, since my eyes are completely killing me, there's a good deal on the Rivas @ Liberty-flights + coupon.

I like the box style better but, have some doubts on performance. All I'm seeing is warnings on the batteries & just don't want to mess with it. Not sure though if the Janty might be a better product overall, though. I think it's the same price as the Riva on sale - everything incl. in the pic.

thoughts? reactions?

Last edited:

Brad524

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Manchester, NH
not a problem, any time. Honstly I've never tried the janty or joye stick but it does use a 510 connection. you could always get a 510-808 adapter as well. Alot of people seem to like them with little issues reported. However they are only 3.7v, so all you'd really get differant would be a longer battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread