We've all been there... love a mod but it has a flaw version: eVic

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
So yea... this hobby definitely requires patience and a little ingenuity sometimes. Been using my eVic today and I like it, the fact it shows date and time (silly, but very handy IMO), volts AND watts, and battery percentage is really cool. Stealth mode is also neat. Puff counter? Meh. I paid $50 for it so it was a mere $6 more than my VV EGO battery that I have since paid forward to a buddy of mine who is just starting out. Anyway, the eVic works great! In a blind test I am sure I wouldn't be able to say my ProVari outperforms it. Er, wait, yes I could - most of my damn tanks don't connect on it, with or without the beauty ring. It's my #1 pet peeve with mods, lack of adjustable center pins. ProVari doesn't have one either but it contacts everything I throw on it. The eVic would *only* work with toppers that had adjustable center pins. Fack I hate that.

So I did some reading. Found that I could fix it with an o-ring, size #60. Hunted around my automotive spare parts bin and found a match. It took a few tries and some patience but I know have a center pin that mates with everything. I wanted to get such a neat device/good vape fixed and I did. Woot woooooot!

I found this deal on the classis here. Great seller too. My half-working Vamo will now be relegated to my glove box as a worst-case scenario backup. I have two mech mods in the mail right now and will likely re-sell those. I prefer VV mods, VW is nice but I still use VV even on VW mods. The eVic makes that seemless since it shows both values anyway. And of course, I found the fix above on these forums. Love this place!

Todd

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
Jake, I noticed the same thing on the MVP I had. The difference between the two, at least as far as I can tell, is that the eVic firing pin is shaped like a T, with a cylinder that is smaller than the actual contact surface below said contact surface. In other words, there is a shaft that will support an o-ring if you get one that is slightly larger than the shaft but smaller than the contact "disc." It's hard to visualize. Anyway, the other nice thing is the eVic has just a long enough lead to the contact pin that you can pull the pin up and have enough room to maneuver the o-ring into place. It was still a really tight fit and took a few tries before I compressed it enough to allow a tank to thread down to the contact pin. If the MVP contact pin is a solid cylinder of equal diameter the whole way down, the o-ring method wouldn't work I don't think.

My only complaint with the eVic so far is the same complaint I had with the MVP V2 - let me go over 5V or 11W, please :) Even with that limitation, it's a keeper!

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
That sounds like a good fix for the evic. I would repost in the evic section to let those guys see your fix too.

eVic

I am an evic owner and like it a lot too. I am enjoying my kayfun on my mech right now, but might switch back to see the comparison.

Sthur, I found the fix on these forums so I guess that could be redundant but if you think I should crosspost it, I certainly can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread