What all do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landhew

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Missing the beach, NC
I'm 4 days into vaping and 4 days analog free! I have the Riva 510 starter kit from Liberty-Flights.com, and it came with 2 batteries, 2 attys, 10 blank carts, one cone, one USB charger, and one wall charger. I have 15 Boge cartomizers on their way through the mail.

What else do I need? How many batteries and atomizers will I need? What about cartos? I only want to have to place an order about once a month if not longer.

Thanks!

Cronus6

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2011
Florida
Juice,(!) and I'd really look into Cartomizers. The attys/carts that come with your kit kinda suck.
I'd recommend trying Boge standard and low resistance cartomizers, chances are you will like the low res ones better, but you never know till you try.

If you are worried about batteries and want spares, I'd just buy another starter kit (with the 20% discount of course) rather than buying batteries and chargers separately. Even though the atty/carts do suck, they make for good backups.

Edit : sorry I overlooked the fact that you had cartos "on the way". But still the name of the game is "spares".
Having run out of cartos once myself already *shudder* it can't hurt to have extras on hand.

Good setup BTW! Same one I'm using. If you get bored with it, that seems to be where the real fun begins.
I'm just happy not smoking for now :)

Last edited:

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
It all depends on how much you are vaping. YMMV compared to other users but you have a good start. I would always have a 3rd battery for a just in case spare and some extra juice for refilling. Beyond that pay attention to how much you are consuming over the next week or two (this may also change for you over time) to get a general idea of your needs to start. From there you will get a pretty good idea of what you need to order each month. I would also recommend having at least 2 weeks of supplies left when placing your orders to minimize Murphys influence. Orders can and will get screwed up and delayed even from the most reliable suppliers from time to time.

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Your setup is good. All you have to worry about is juice and cartos. Each month I would try buying a different carto until you find exactly what works best. Then you can make a bulk purchase and not worry about cartos for multiple months. I don't buy huge amounts of juice because some flavors change over time (some for the better some for the worse) I get generally 120ml per month which is more than enough each month. 80ml is probably the most I use in 30 days. I can skip ordering until I get low. Might want to look into a usb passthrough ego battery. I love being able to plug in while driving or sitting and still use it. I also have a usb battery pack that i can keep with me and charge anywhere

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
We all have different shopping list but if I were you mine would have the following on it right now.

1. a second Riva kit which would give you a spare charger, 2 more attys and 2 batts in case of failures with what you have already.

2. a 510 drip tip to try out dripping and use to try new flavors of juice.

3. more juice, but honestly I wouldn't try to purchase my month or more supply right now. First you have to try some to see what you like and then there is the thing about at what mg level will you be in a few weeks. What flavors you like today may very well change a month from now so don't over buy any one flavor in the beginning. In the beginning bottles of 10 ml or less are advisable from several different vendors. Its said the average user uses 3 ml per day although that does vary so if you are still intent on getting a months supply you will need a minimum of 90 ml. of juice.

Many of us that are successful with vaping find that we don't save money in our first months of vaping because it does take a while to find what works best for us in our PV, our method of juice delivery and the juice we best enjoy vaping. At least for the first few months plan on placing orders more than just once a month.

Thank You

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Orlando
juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice

Puffadder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2011
Punta Gorda Belize / NJ
juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice juice

Sung to Monty Python's Spam skit. :facepalm:

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Hello Landhew. You have a pretty good set-up there to start with. Plenty atomizers and plenty cartomizers.

I would second what Grandmato5 says and order another Riva kit as back up. That way you have spare everything. That is the vapers mantra.

Spare everything and backups for your spares.

Then, all you need is some juice. Check out several suppliers until you find some that offer sampler packs. Do not spend a fortune on large bottles of juice until you find the one that "hits the spot".

There are many vendors that sell sampler packs, but the only ones I can think of right off the top off my head are:

FreedomSmokeUSA and E Cigarette, E-liquid - Vapor Station. They offer 3ml and 5ml sampler packs for around 2.25 ea.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I just started my upgrade, too, so I'm in the process of figuring out the atty/carto situation, Landhew :) If you like to drip, stick with dripping while you're not mobile or driving. Cartos for me are just for car-usage because I can't afford to buy them too much. As for juice, whatever juice that you know you vape for a while, and you KNOW you like it, buy it in a big bottle, like a 30ml or bigger. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread