What are the best battery chargers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
I'm looking for chargers for my AA NiMH's and Lipo's which I intent to buy for mods.

I want an NiMH charger that will handle different battery types(AA, AAA and C and D would be nice but not necessary) I want something with individual charging (1 cell) and a display to show the status etc... It should also be able to recondition batteries too like the Lacross or Maha here

Does anyone have experience with these types of chargers or have a favorite with these capabilities?

I'm also eyeing the Lipo chargers at Madvapes that handle different sizes... any input would be appreciated!!

What about building charging circuits into mods or a charging station?

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
Battery Junction.com has many types of charges the smart charges are the best ones i know of.

Thanks! I went there... then looked around a bunch of other places including ebay.... and returned there and bought this charger which was exactly what I was looking for and at a great price!

I googled for a coupon code and found cfp2010 for 5% off! I got the charger, 12 AA's snd shipping for $20 less than the price of comparable units elsewhere.

Thanks!

charger1.gif

btw: If you ever wanted to see a $1,300 flashlight....

Last edited:

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
Squeeze... will let you know when I have a chance to check it out. It should be here tomorrow or the next day.

I'm using 4x AAA NiMh in my modified pump feed Puck and am interested in your cell battery mod. I want something I can recharge w/o removing the battery and was thinking about a cell or cam-corder type battery with a drop in charger or am trying to figure a way to trickle charge the NiMh in place... some hobby chargers will charge NiMh in series but it's beyond me .... Some hobby chargers will charge NiMh as well as Lipo's but you need to program them and have adapters.

This one looks good. It has the LCD progress indicator and reconditioning functions I want to clean up my NiMh while I plan other mods......

Bob - you're right about the coupon code being CPF2010. Thanks for catching the typo!

Last edited:

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
I think you meant CPF2010 as the coupon code (CPF = CandlePowerFourms)...

I could have used the CPF when looking for a charger for my 3 million candle power beam.... It takes a 6V 6 Ah battery... I wonder how long you could vape with a PT or mod on that battery... It only weighs around 2 lbs... :)

Last edited:

BobTheKlown

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2010
Red Oak, Tx
The website says 4.5Ah,
Just a thought:
18650 batts = 3.7V @ (up to) 2400mAh = 2.4Ah (some claim 3000mAh, but don't usually test that high)
so, 2x 18650 in parallel = 3.7V @ 4800mAh = 4.8Ah,
or 2 sets of paralleled 18650 batts in series = 7.4V @ 4.8Ah, and weighs alot less then 2lbs (4 TF 'flame' 18650s = ~200 grams on my scales)....

Last edited:

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
Maybe it was a good thing that one was back ordered. The LCD on that one only shows bars for charging status.

Now I'm looking at the LaCrosse C-9009 because the LCD gives real info such as current and capacity. I want to search the CPF but it seems down at the moment. Thanks for the tip Bob!

EDIT: I pulled the trigger and canceled my other order and bought the La Crosse C9009. It was the only one I could find where the LCD gave useful info like current and capacity. The CPF was useful but no other LCD status chargers there. The others with LCD's just showed little bars indicating approximate charge and gave no useful info. I'll update when I have a chance to try it out. Should be here 11/4.

Thanks HzG8rGrl - That's my next research... which LiPo type batteries and charger..... I've only been using NiMH so far...

Last edited:

capecodjim

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Cape Cod
I received the La Crosse BC-9009 a day early! I haven't charged a battery yet but i'm very impressed. It has great features and displays useful info. It's very flexible. All 4 charging channels are independent. I'm surprised there aren't more chargers with LCD's that display more than bars.

It's a long process to refresh and test the batteries and measure capacity because it's many cycles or charging and discharging so I've started going through mine to see what's what. It will be interesting to see how the true capacity compares with the rated capacity of the batteries.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I'm too lazy to go check, how does the candle power forum rate this charger, say against the Pila. I'm going to need a second charger here shortly

I received the La Crosse BC-9009 a day early! I haven't charged a battery yet but i'm very impressed. It has great features and displays useful info. It's very flexible. All 4 charging channels are independent. I'm surprised there aren't more chargers with LCD's that display more than bars.

It's a long process to refresh and test the batteries and measure capacity because it's many cycles or charging and discharging so I've started going through mine to see what's what. It will be interesting to see how the true capacity compares with the rated capacity of the batteries.

Polioud

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2010
Greece
I'm too lazy to go check, how does the candle power forum rate this charger, say against the Pila. I'm going to need a second charger here shortly

DIfferent types of chargers dspin: one is for NiMH batteries (La Crosse), the other for LiOn (Pila).
Btw a Pila IBC charger with LCD display like La Crosse would be beyond great imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread