Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The common assumption is that bird song is nothing more than an expression of joy or possibly territorial declarations. Others would argue that it is birds communicating useful flight data to each other ~ drag coefficients, angles of poo-bomb attacks, cloud base altitudes, airspeed ratios and the like. I would like to suggest it is something entirely different.

At a small research division of the Sandoz laboratories in Switzerland back in the late nineteen seventies, researchers took the song of the nightingale (Luscinia megarhynchos), transposed it to a minor key, slowed it down and then transcribed it to sheet music. This sheet music was then played back using an electric guitar. They found that mainly due to a predominance of Tritones (a melodic dissonance also known as the 'Devil's interval'), the subsequent music bore a striking resemblance to the early work of the band Black Sabbath.
They concluded that songbirds are actually broadcasting cleverly obfuscated satanic verses. The research was shut down shortly after this discovery due to lack of funding and complaints by the Catholic Church.

Draw your own conclusions, but if I was you I would rethink that bird feeder at the end of your garden.

GlqSSL9.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 73neb

Kelt.

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 22, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    In other <entirely unrelated[emoji6]> studies, Albert Hofman, working at Sandoz laboratories discovered ....
    Huh. I guess I can't mention "Elle ess dee" here [emoji849][emoji12][emoji882][emoji272]
    Draw your own conclusions [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Reactions: sonicbomb

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Birds! All I know is that my bird feeder gets lots of customers. Once when it was out of seed one of the birds came and sat on the window sill at our kitchen window and tweeted his beak off until I went out and refilled the feeder!

Bird Brains ... I guess the need to eat is a strong one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread