What are you guys doing to your atty??? I can't kill mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjohnson

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Working on 6 months atomizer life here (510). I clean mine regularly, not so much because I think they need it but a freshly-cleaned atomizer gives a clean taste that gets muddy after 3-4 days use.

I have a bunch of new ones, so it seems I'm set for a long time :)

I agree with Scottbee, if the wicking is sparse it's not going to be a good one. In my case, not because the life is short, but because the vapor and flavor won't be there. I don't use those so don't know how long they might live.

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
Working on 6 months atomizer life here (510). I clean mine regularly, not so much because I think they need it but a freshly-cleaned atomizer gives a clean taste that gets muddy after 3-4 days use.

I have a bunch of new ones, so it seems I'm set for a long time :)

I agree with Scottbee, if the wicking is sparse it's not going to be a good one. In my case, not because the life is short, but because the vapor and flavor won't be there. I don't use those so don't know how long they might live.

Funny how different strokes suit different folks. My favorite atty is one with no wick. I don't drip. I get good taste and hit and never any burnt taste. First did it to an atty that had become all gunked up from adding xtra flavor to juice and the wick turned into a brick. I pulled it out thinking I had nothing left to loose and the romance started there!!!

mark40511

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Lexington KY
I wont start another agonizer thread so I will just post here.....Maybe someone has an explanation. I got the 40 dollar 510 boxless kit from cignot a while back. At first, neither of the atomizers worked as well as my previous (still working somewhat) white original six month old atomizer that came with my 510 titan kit from TW.....Then, I finally got one of the black atomizers from cignot to work pretty well, but the other one BARELY had vapor, I tried and tried. I have four atomizers in my rotation and decided I needed to boil one so I just threw both black ones from cignot and another white one in and boiled for 5 minutes.....

About 24 hours later, I got the black one that has BARELY ever been used because it performed so poorly and dripped a drop of juice on the atty, started puffing a few times and got the BIGGEST amount of vapor EVER!!!! Not only that, I got a RED GLOW which I had NEVER gotten from day one with either black atty from cignot.....OH MY GOD, this is my fav atty now, but I have no clue what caused it to just start working like it should? I'm still not getting a red glow with the other black one no matter how much blowing or puffing I do, just get the sizzle and a modest amount of vapor....My original white one that is six months old I think is really dying, no longer getting a red glow from that one.....Sorry to ramble, just wanted to share this because I was JUST ABOUT to toss that atty, now its my fav.......To think it almost went in the trash

Last edited:

ZERO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
people's republic
Crazybry, shhhh! you shouldn'ta posted this...I hope you haven't jinxed yourself like I did! A few days after I was talking about how I was still using and abusing my original atties (from last July) two of them went to the big atty party in the sky.

I hope your not right BC, as mine are still pulling strong, even with my thicker HV 555 Menthol juice....:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread