What are you looking for in a version 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I like to see...
- new color options, but still a supertough finish...
- Color-matched extension ring in case you want your mini to go 18650
- a bit more range, to handle sub-ohm a bit would make sense
- OPTIONS to handle Ego threading, and an OPTION to have a flat top - BUT...WITHOUT sacrificing the slant top or increasing the diameter. Perhaps the top cap could be removable (threaded) and swap-able with a flat top cap and an ego top cap. I'd probably buy all three tops :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes - I forgot about the endcaps! More "collectable" end caps.
That ought to be "easy $$". LoL.

V3?

Titanium, with steel threading, and I want them to use an ambigram logo like the "Provarinati" signature banners...That's it. That's all I want.

Oh...and lose the crop circles.

Edit: ProVape...I'm still waiting for my ProVarinati custom end cap.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
The first thing I'd like to see is a better display. The LED is such an outdated technology. An OLED like the DNA and many high end devices now use would be welcome. And add a little more information on the screen like resistance, firing voltage, and battery level at the same time with a 2 line display. OLED tech is very inexpensive these days and with a hi res screen adding more info doesn't need to take more room than the current display takes. Let it stay on for 2 seconds after I vape (should be an option, or you could have no information displayed if you want, or just one line of information). Make it a mirrored finish on the top glass like Innokin so I don't see the inner LED and circuit board when off... it's ugly quite honestly.

Second thing is variable wattage. Since Provari the electronics have all the measurements already to work with, why not. Noobi friendly and great for constant tank changes. Yes voltage the way it is now works fine, but I would like to see this.

Third thing. Telescoping for different batteries instead of endcaps and full/minis. Stealth to monster. Probably not popular with many, but done right it works very well and would be a big plus for me.

And last, both 26650 and 18650 Provari's. Different sizes I know, but so is the current full/minis, just in length not diameter and it didn't stop both from being very popular. Choice would be nice for those of us that would like even more staying power and don't mind the diameter and additional weight.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
The first thing I'd like to see is a better display. The LED is such an outdated technology. An OLED like the DNA and many high end devices now use would be welcome. And add a little more information on the screen like resistance, firing voltage, and battery level at the same time with a 2 line display. OLED tech is very inexpensive these days and with a hi res screen adding more info doesn't need to take more room than the current display takes. Let it stay on for 2 seconds after I vape (should be an option, or you could have no information displayed if you want, or just one line of information). Make it a mirrored finish on the top glass like Innokin so I don't see the inner LED and circuit board when off... it's ugly quite honestly.

Second thing is variable wattage. Since Provari the electronics have all the measurements already to work with, why not. Noobi friendly and great for constant tank changes. Yes voltage the way it is now works fine, but I would like to see this.

Third thing. Telescoping for different batteries instead of endcaps and full/minis. Stealth to monster. Probably not popular with many, but done right it works very well and would be a big plus for me.

And last, both 26650 and 18650 Provari's. Different sizes I know, but so is the current full/minis, just in length not diameter and it didn't stop both from being very popular. Choice would be nice for those of us that would like even more staying power and don't mind the diameter and additional weight.

You basically don't want a ProVari, because what you described is what is wrong with cheap, unreliable, battery-hogging PRC mods...

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...OLED would be nice to look at...

The first thing I'd like to see is a better display. The LED is such an outdated technology. An OLED like the DNA and many high end devices now use would be welcome...
:offtopic:
You guys know that OLED dies when juice (or any other liquid) hits it right? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that of all the DNA20 device failures I've read about, 80% were e-liquid related, and of those, 50% involved the screen dying. OLED is not reliable enough for me to want it in an APV.

1.jpg

Now if only they could shoehorn Nixie tubes in there, that would be the coolest thing ever. :D

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
is there a version 3 coming out soon? I almost bought a mini so many times then I saw the reo and wondered maybe this is the way since I mostly happy with my MVP and IBTanks then I saw the stealth and was like whoa that's it I'm getting one but the price was so much more so I go back and see a blem mini black for $150 still can't decide :unsure: now instead of that let me think... KFL+ or Spheroid or the sophia could be fun too.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
is there a version 3 coming out soon? I almost bought a mini so many times then I saw the reo and wondered maybe this is the way since I mostly happy with my MVP and IBTanks then I saw the stealth and was like whoa that's it I'm getting one but the price was so much more so I go back and see a blem mini black for $150 still can't decide :unsure: now instead of that let me think... KFL+ or Spheroid or the sophia could be fun too.

Yes. A version three is imminent. Expect more details in late 2015.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A

Define "soon"... :laugh:

Bottom line is, there's going to be some people who order a V2.5... and the very next day, or the next week, the V3 announcement will come out -- too late to cancel

But I would guess there will be some sort of social media "hints" prior to the launch.. like they did for the Cyber Monday sale... and you can bet this forum will light up with buzz & activity

Monitoring the ProVape website might help a little re: timing.. see what they're keeping on the main product page -- and what's going into Clearance

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Wait, I thought of one thing. In the menu, I would remove the extra button click between options. Just one button to cycle through them one at a time with no -- in between. That wouldn't be enough for me to upgrade to a new version, but I would like that.

Yeah, I always wondered about that.. I don't mind too much, just think it a bit odd

Reason for the dashes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread