What batteries should I be using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was referring to the two battery setup. I should have made that clearer by saying "120 watts is pushing the limit for a pair of 20 A batteries".
My apologies and you are correct. The TFV12 and it's power needs pushes the limits of any 2 batt mod really any batteries. While continuous A rating isn't the same of brief vaping needs still best to keep a margin of safety. While I have used the TFV12 in the 2 batt mode, briefly and up to 130w, I have the GX2/4 for a reason. Namely if using the TFV12 any type of real use to run in 4 batt mode!

Reactions: Hawise

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
My apologies and you are correct. The TFV12 and it's power needs pushes the limits of any 2 batt mod really any batteries. While continuous A rating isn't the same of brief vaping needs still best to keep a margin of safety. While I have used the TFV12 in the 2 batt mode, briefly and up to 130w, I have the GX2/4 for a reason. Namely if using the TFV12 any type of real use to run in 4 batt mode!
Yeah MVA is fine, since it was rated 25A MVA its probably 23A MVA now which would be fine in pretty much anything but the Alien. Batteries Amps drop with mAh though so for how long is it safe is the question. Staying under CDR gives you a longer shelf life of your batteries before you have to bin them too. We always consider the chance of mod malfunctions here because they do happen. Say your MVA drops 10% after 100-150 charges, now at 3.2v cut off your right at the limit of MVA. Sure they are cheap but its a shame to throw out batteries with 200-300 charges left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread