Which coils to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathias

Nov 15, 2017
Hello. Like the title says: which coils would you recommend that i use for my setup?
I prefer 2 coils.
My setup is as follows:
Mod: Wismec Reuleaux rx200s.
Batteries: 3x 18650 Samsung 25R, 2500mAh.
tank: Steam Crave plus 30mm RDTA.
I usually like to vape at around 100-120watts when using my TFV12 with the biggest Stock coil so i’m not sure What that’ll translate into on this tank. (I vape with 3mg of nicotine) i hope some of you May be able to point me in the right direction. I have used the rba section for the TFV12 before, but only with the prebuilt coils it comes with.

Reactions: stols001

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. Assuming you want to make your own coils, I'd probably want 22ga ss316, 9 wraps on 3mm for a dual coil setup. That would yield a heat flux of about 230 at 118 watts, which is the upper limit of what I consider tolerable for heat of vape, and probably a bit beyond where I'd go for best flavor, depending on juice. Maybe you like a hotter vape than I, though.

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I bought the RBA edition of the TFV12 and have used it with the coils included in the tank. It's a bit over kill for me and I prefer using the TFV8 Big Baby Beast with the RBA deck. I use temp mode. I don't vape at those power levels and can't be of much help. It seems like you have to decide what resistance coil you want to put into the tank. The Smok TFV12 has a .29 ohm coil in it.

Mathias

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate it. I’m really looking for kind of like a medium vapor production as i like to blow more Smoke than the usual cigarettes/small ML vapes.(so i’m Thinking around 70-90watts maybe?) I’d also really like my vape to kind of be “instant” like the normal tfv12 Stock coils, as i Think there is a bit of ramp up time before it produces optimal vapour. (With the coils the tfv12 rba comes with.) of course, if it is possible.
Also, What is the exact name on the wires you are mentioning, so i Can find it in a store, hehe. I just want to make sure i Get exactly, What you are suggesting. :)

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello. Like the title says: which coils would you recommend that i use for my setup?
I prefer 2 coils.
My setup is as follows:
Mod: Wismec Reuleaux rx200s.
Batteries: 3x 18650 Samsung 25R, 2500mAh.
Tank: Steam Crave plus 30mm RDTA.
I usually like to vape at around 100-120watts when using my TFV12 with the biggest Stock coil so i’m not sure What that’ll translate into on this tank. (I vape with 3mg of nicotine) i hope some of you May be able to point me in the right direction. I have used the rba section for the TFV12 before, but only with the prebuilt coils it comes with.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well if you are going to make your own coils, you'll need supplies. Wire you can get from Amazon, heck most things including cotton and a coilmaster kit if you decide you want one. Or, you can buy from a reputable vape shop online. I'd suggest checking out this forum if you decide to build your own coils, tons of information there: Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

If you want drop in coils I'm sure more users will be along to help. I can't really recommend sub0hhm equipment as I am a MTL vaper.

Anna

Reactions: pfaber11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread