What Coil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Is there a particular reason why you want to go to 220 W? Are you actually going to go that high?

I know high watts is what works for some people but I'm skeptical of more power just for more power's sake. A third of a horsepower just seems like overkill when it comes to vaping.

Sorry for ranting in your thread. I'm just wondering if you wouldn't be happy with something that vapes at, say, 100 W, if 80 isn't enough. 220? Man.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Hi. I looking for coil for my "limitless reactor sub ohm tank" where i can buy it ? Now i have 40-80w but i wanna buy around 220w, in my local vape shop is unavailable, maybe on web store ? i don't know what to buy.
More wattage does NOT mean better, does NOT mean more vapor, does NOT mean anything more than you have a coil that takes more wattage to heat properly.

Most people are fine with under 100W... cloud chasers on mechs, for example, on a full battery 0f 4.2V, using a 0.2ohm coil is getting less than 90W.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You do understand that higher watts does not equal a better vape in any way.

Higher watts = higher CDR cell requirement which also mean lower mah, shorter battery life both between recharge cycles & overall life span, huge increase in liquid consumption, decrease in draw restriction and increase in airflow, shorter, harder faster inhale technique.
For what end result?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um, try it on your current coil. If it's a two battery mod, I guarantee it won't hit 220 watts, but it will output as much as it CAN probably, and you'll get your first burnt/dry hit. It's an experience EVERYONE should have.

There is no inherent value in vaping as high watts as you can. Even if you get a device (would have to be 27-- series batteries and/or a 3 battery mod) and a tank with the resistance to support it, well that's an awful lot of money (if you ask me) to spend to "try" vaping 220 watts.

Honestly, it's not worth it. Why not shoot for a slightly more reasonable wattage setting and get a tank or RTA that supports it, to an extent, and try like 140 watts or something. If you must.. Etc.

Do you like your current vape? If you do, I'd be surprised if you enjoyed 220 watts, or even 150 watts. Etc.

Anna

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
If it's not sarcasm, then ye i check limit of my car too. :) But so serious i just wanna taste liquids on 100w maybe 150w and thats all. To see whats is different 70w and 100w+.
Let me save you the trouble...

It's a question of balancing the type of coil to heat up..

So, if you have a coil that heats the liquid to the temperature that you're enjoying using less wattage than another coil that needs 3 times the power to heat the coil to the same temperature, well... the difference will be: *drum roll* none.

The most difference can be a bit of a difference on the amount of vapour produced, BUT, done right, you can easily have a much lower wattage coil setup that will blast the higher wattage type away...

It's all about how you do it, not the wattage.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
First, get yourself a 24 volt truck battery...then....KIDDING!
Power dissipated(watts) equals heat produced. Spread over a given coil area. Reminds me of the video of the guy vaping the 'smoke machine'.
Trying to maximize wattage is making your device LESS efficient!

The Legalvape 4000 by PBusardo, lol!

• Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread