what coils to get warm vape from 75w mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
long story short, came from mech mod. wanted consistent vape so got 200w mod and set it up with 0.1ohm dual alien coils running around 100w or so and was very happy. heard great things about number of 75w mods. so got two. i can't seem to got nice warm vape out of 75w mods. if i build 0.2ohm coil, and bump up the power, it says weak batt. if i build 0.55ohm coil, it's running fine, but the vape is cool. read that weak battery warning is due to battery limitation with cont. current rate. sony and samsung batteries are used.

what's a good set up for warm vape? i mostly use rdas.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Unlike a mechanical device, on a regulated the resistance is not a factor. The mod will deliver the wattage you select regardless as long as the resistance is within the boxes design parameters and the batteries can deliver enough power.
Big coils that contain a lot of metal will need a lot of power just to light them up, low resistance is a consequence of this high mass. If 75 watts is not enough for your coil, then use a higher resistance coil with less mass or just give it the power it needs.
The weak battery message is as you said due to the constraints of a single 18650 battery and how much power it can deliver, a 20 amp battery is good for about 60 watts.

Try modelling your builds and wattage using steam engine.

Have a read of these two articles -

Ohms Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum

Understanding the relationship between power and coil resistance | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
Unlike a mechanical device, on a regulated the resistance is not a factor. The mod will deliver the wattage you select regardless as long as the resistance is within the boxes design parameters and the batteries can deliver enough power.
Big coils that contain a lot of metal will need a lot of power just to light them up, low resistance is a consequence of this high mass. If 75 watts is not enough for your coil, then use a higher resistance coil with less mass or just give it the power it needs.
The weak battery message is as you said due to the constraints of a single 18650 battery and how much power it can deliver, a 20 amp battery is good for about 60 watts.

Try modelling your builds and wattage using steam engine.

Have a read of these two articles -

Ohms Law - Calculating safe amp usage | E-Cigarette Forum

Understanding the relationship between power and coil resistance | E-Cigarette Forum
yupe, battery safety is rather important. kept my coils to above 0.3ohm on mech mod. but it seems some of these regulated mods allow me to go really low. tho, 0.1ohm is good enough on me. i think i'll stick to 200w+ mods :) 75w mods are ok for cool vape, but i'm really enjoying the warm vape i got out of high power.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
yupe, battery safety is rather important. kept my coils to above 0.3ohm on mech mod. but it seems some of these regulated mods allow me to go really low. tho, 0.1ohm is good enough on me. i think i'll stick to 200w+ mods :) 75w mods are ok for cool vape, but i'm really enjoying the warm vape i got out of high power.

You can get just as warm of a vape on a 75 watt device as you can at a higher wattage. You just have to build for it as said above and I would also add use a smaller chamber rdas(aka flavor attys) with less airflow which will increase intensity, flavor and warmth.

You're not going to chuck clouds like you can at higher wattages with massive airflow but you can get flavor and warmth in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread