What could happen if a child swallows my 6mg nicotine juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Since first participating in this thread, I have learned a lot more about nicotine and poisoning. The good news is that oral nicotine poisoning tends to be self-correcting. Nicotine and stomach acids are a volatile mix. Swallowing anything containing nicotine triggers vomiting, with gets rid of most of the nicotine from the system. There may be some nicotine that gets into the blood stream, so it is a good idea to give the child as much water as he or she is willing to drink as a way to dilute the poison.

The American Association of Poison Control Centers records show that there has only been one fatality of a child under age 6 from tobacco products during the past 27 years, and that child had both cigarettes and Valium in its system. Possibly the Valium sedated the child to the point where vomiting was inhibited. Don't know for sure.

Nevertheless, vomiting is an unpleasant experience, so any product that contains nicotine (that includes your cigarette butts!) needs to be kept out of reach of children and pets.

There was one case where a father took all of the dissolvable orbs out of the child-proof packaging and put them into a bottle with a screw top. He left the bottle in the room with his 3-year old, and the kid swallowed all the orbs (possibly as many as 19). The child vomited, and the parents took him to the hospital. The hospital kept him over night and he was released the next morning.

Malawi

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Norway
Since nobody have mentioned it yet - A small bottle can also be a choking hazard for a small child. It does not have be opened to be dangerous.

I suggest getting some kind of small box that is hard to open for a child, and that locks itself when you close it.

The main stash should offcourse be out of reach. But you also want a small amount ready and close by when vaping.
You may also wanna check out bottles that you can put on a sting around your neck.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Since first participating in this thread, I have learned a lot more about nicotine and poisoning. The good news is that oral nicotine poisoning tends to be self-correcting. Nicotine and stomach acids are a volatile mix. Swallowing anything containing nicotine triggers vomiting, with gets rid of most of the nicotine from the system. There may be some nicotine that gets into the blood stream, so it is a good idea to give the child as much water as he or she is willing to drink as a way to dilute the poison.

This is what I have read also. Induce Vomiting. Have the Child Drink as Much Water as Possible and Seek Medical Attention Immediately.

Hearing of a Child getting a hold of a Bottle of 6mg e-Liquid is Very Scary. The thought of a Child getting a Hold of a Bottle of 100mg Nicotine Base should be Terrifying to Any Parent.

Malawi

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
Norway
That's just a stupid question! Don't let it happen. Nicotine is a poison. Be responsible.

There are a lot of poisons i every home, like bleach, detergents etc. To know how to react to poisoning of different substances are to be responsible.

Pretending that it cannot happen is being irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread