The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What did i do wrong???

Discussion in 'REO (All Models)' started by Seames5, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Seames5

Seames5 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2013
    Cut Bank, MT
    Got my grand and rm2 about two weeks ago and understand why people love them so much. Had only successfully built a few coils before getting it, but thanks to the wonderful people here had no trouble and had been vaping away at 1.3-1.5 ohms with cotton wick, no problems.
    This morning i put a fresh wick in it before leaving for work. Vaped it a couple times. It seemed fine. Headed out the door. I did notice that my coil was slightly misshapen when pulling the wick through. Never caused a problem before. This time, i had a hot splatter of mentholated juice fly up into my eye from the air hole while driving to work.
    opened it up and accidentally smooshed the coil, (still couldn't open left eye). Now can't tell what the problem was really. Was the wick too big? Up too high? Has anyone had this happen? BTW rebuilt it at lunch and all is wonderful in reo land again. I just want to figure out what caused the problem so i don't repeat it. Sorry for writing a book. TIA

2. nerak

nerak ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Please post this thread in the REO Forum. We really want to help you with this. Many more will see it and respond.
    Reos Mods

Usually air goes into the air hole when you draw. I am figuring your air hole was facing up when this happened. That is the best position for the air hole.

Wish you had a picture of your coil when that happened. Very hard to figure what made that happen.

3. Seames5

Seames5 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2013
    Cut Bank, MT
    Thank you. I will repost. You may have answered it though. I probably hit the button for a second or three before starting to draw because i was driving and payiny more attention to the road. And yes, the air hole was up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.