The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do I need to buy, to measure ml. ?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by MickiO, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MickiO

MickiO Super Member ECF Veteran

At the risk of sounding stupid, what do I need to use to measure ml. with?
    I've read about DIY alot on this forum, there's alot of helpful info, but I can't find anything that tells how to measure liquids/ml. other than 1 ml.= 20 drops. Is there a vial or something I can buy to measure out ml.?

2. Lalesa

Lalesa Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2009
    Los Angeles County, Ca
    Not a stupid question at all. We, here in the U.S., aren't used to dealing with ml - we're used to teaspoon, tablespoon measurements LOL

What you need to get is a syringe like when you get a shot from the doctor. The needle is up to you. There are vendors on here that carry them. I get mine from our local feed & tack store. Some pharmacies will sell a couple to you. Depending on the laws of your state. I don't use a needle on mine, but that's just preference.
    You can also use children's medicine droppers. Easily obtained at Walmart or any drug store.

Here is a site with teaspoon/ml equivalents
    measurement of medicines

3. Kate51

Kate51 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Argyle Wi USA
    Hi, I'm stupid too. But just bought a 100ml beaker, looks like an 8" high test tube, will 2ml graduations marked on it. Otherwise, you can get a common syringe, some do have ml markings, no needle required. Great for smaller amounts of flavors, etc.

Lalesa We both posted at the same time! Love your avatar, is he a friend of yours??
    Good point with the dropper, I haven't seen a marked one for a long time, guess I was looking in the wrong place! Thanks.

4. C6Silver

C6Silver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Remember also that 1mL=1cc. You will come across 'cc' units as well.

5. MickiO

Thanks so much all you guys, I want to try using unflavored mg and add my own flavors, :)

6. four2109

four2109 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    S. Indiana
    ...Cups, Quarts, Feet, Yards...
    That the US didn't convert to the Metric system when I was in the 1st grade is what is stupid. What a country!:confused:

7. MickiO

"C6Silver"
    I have an old syringe I had for my pets medicine, it has marked "cc" marked on it, guess I could use that. Or on second thought, that kinda creeps me out, if I washed it out real good, oh fiddle, maybe I'll invest in a new one. lol

8. Scubabatdan

Scubabatdan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2009
    Dothan, AL
    I bought one of these at CVS in the childrens area:

[​IMG]
    Dropper Dispenser

Works perfect for me!
    The one I got has the ml and tsp measurments on the dropper and the dispenser.
    Hope this helps.
    Dan

9. BrewCityVaporess

BrewCityVaporess Full Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Milwaukee,Wi
    I got childrens medicine droppers free at Walgreens. Just ask for them at the pharmacy counter.

10. C6Silver

C6Silver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Hmmm, you know, syringes are cheap enough that I think I'd get a new one as well.... 8-o

11. Idahojo

Idahojo Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Bonners Ferry, ID
    I've always used syringes I've gotten at the feed store. Only 25 cents. But this critter looks like a good idea too. Thanks! This forum is always full of suggestions.

12. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    I got the same from walmart and it's very handy for measuring 1/10 th's of ml's

13. Tyler2.0

Tyler2.0 Full Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    i just use a trusty ol' 20cc syringe that i used to use for biology lab

14. sunray73

sunray73 Full Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I bought the same one at CVS. Glad to know it works well as I'm waiting for my other stuff to come in to start making my e-juice with. Had a question on how you mix in the LORann flavors without contaminating the other flavors. Do you have to wash it after each use or do you have separate droppers for each flavor?

15. Scubabatdan

Scubabatdan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2009
    Dothan, AL

I bought a pack of (12) from lorannoils.com for 6.95, they are made for the small bottles.

Lorann Eye Droppers Small

Hope this help.
    Dan

16. Walrus

Walrus Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I use graduated cylinders. About $5 on Amazon.

17. ajm79

ajm79 Full Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    I bought a whole kit from a e-liquid site. Syringe, squeeze bottles, small beaker, pipettes and liquid. Kit was 15$ or so with free shipping cause I bought other stuff.

18. boochips

boochips Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2009
    Marianna, Florida

That's what I have Dan. They have em at the Dollar General for a buck.

19. breno

breno Moved On

Aug 5, 2009
    Nottingham
  20. Kate51

Kate51 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2009
    Argyle Wi USA
    Dan, you beat me to it, again! Also, I picked up one of these the other day is kind of neat too.
    It's for drawing out of a bottle, may come in handy. The white rubber sealable stopper can be left on the bottle, syringe measures tsp or ml, upside down, which was thoughtful! The syringe holds 10 ml. Which is nice! The clear plastic "doser spoon" tube holds 5ml. Got mine at WalMart Pharmacy. (Both pkgs)
    [EDIT] JUST A NOTE: Today I used that stopper, I'm going to have to pick up another one!
    I used it for my Nic/VG, a big 16 oz bottle, and drew off 15mls in no time at all. It also felt very secure and stable (tight). Then I used it on an 8oz bottle of VG, was a little thicker, so had to draw a little extra and then to proper measure, worked great for that too! So if you have some bigger bottles that get tedious trying to use the dropper (they have to go in too far) try the syringe. If you have several, you can leave the stopper in the bottle and put the lid on. Works great, especially when the liquid gets down to the very last...no problem now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.