What do I need to turn my Reo Grand into VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDuncan

Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
My REO Grand has been going to waste since I got my V-Tube, but I find my REO Grand is more pocket friendly (chest pocket). I was thinking if it would be possible to mod it so the bottle for the feeder could be replaced with some Voltage regulators and put a display in the window then my Reo would be even more grand. I have never done anything like this before but I think it would be a great idea.
Any Ideas on where to start?

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
A 6ml bottle takes about the same space as does a 18650. I was thinking from your OP that you wanted to add your own circuitry, which even with the LED display wouldn't take up all that space. If you go with a kick it is likely the simplest and smallest solution, but even a dna would bounce around in there. It seems to me you could get a DNA20 and a 3ml in there, perhaps some other circuit too, but you may want to add some other holes for buttons or bottle access. It is all rather shoehorning parts into something specifically made for other components though.

MDuncan

Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Well I was thinking about dropping the bottle entirely and using some sort of 510 to 510 adapter so I can attach a tank up top, as for LED display and buttons, I figure it would not be too hard to rig up something in the window on the Reo Grand. As far as getting everything in there and stable, maybe glue it all in? I dunno, I don't really wanna poke holes in my reo. Or maybe I can make some sort of holster that uses screws to make pressure on 4 sides to keep it in stable. I'm still in pre-planning phase because I gotta wait for project funds. but if there is a cheaper way to do the same or similar thing the DNA 20 chip does, I'm all ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread