What do we know about the next evolv chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzaw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
New Hampshire
dna 20 is pretty much out of stock everywhere. There seemed to me to be rumors of an impending upgrade, like a. 30 w chip or some such.

i am looking to upgrade from my 33.3 powered vamo, and figured heck, I'm an educated and handy guy, I can probably build my next mod myself.

i have dreams of a parallel 2 18650 mod with a nice even output, and at least the basic function (I would require resistance reading, output adjustment of some sort, battery indication, and some circuit protection).

i went looking to see prices and availability of a DNA 20, but can't seem to find them in stock. That's where I ran across so e bits of noise concerning the next evolv chip.

now I'm thinking, heck maybe I should wait for the next chip before beginning. My build? Hopefully, it'll go lower than 7 watts, and be ok for sub ohm coils. I have little need for either with my current vaping habits, but would like both options for flexibility if my tastes continue to 'evolv'.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I would say it is possible but dont hold your breath, so far vapor joe is the only person who supposedly know of it's existence,:blink:

Even got into an argument with a mod maker and then he (claims) called evolv directly and told us they said no clue, even the VJ report says some kind of addon for some system, not a modding chip like the 20.

I remember reading that the machine at evolv went down for a while, and with mods like the wizard and futura ramping up production im sure that would lead to a general shortage.

Last edited:

toddrhodes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
United States
I would say it is possible but dont hold your breath, so far vapor joe is the only person who supposedly know of it's existence,:blink:

Even got into an argument with a mod maker and then he (claims) called evolv directly and told us they said no clue, even the VJ report says some kind of addon for some system, not a modding chip like the 20

Absolute, completely PURE speculation here... but my tinfoil hat is on and it says: they are upgrading ProVape into the VW world and beyond. At least I hope that's what they're doing :)

Again, to reiterate, the above is likely not even close to true, just what I am hoping happens.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
lol i would think provape could come up with something better then the DNA 20 lol with litle known companies like aerovape designing their own 30 watt vv/vw, i have no doubt provapes engineers could whip one up by the weekend.

LOL provape cant keep the provari in stock as is so nothing gonna change there anytime soon, 3 years on the same chipset? the bills have been paid long ago and now its easy money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread