What Does 12% On My Nicquid Bottle Mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty S.

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Kitsap County, Washington State
Look again, I hope it says 1.2%, 12% would be 120mg and really dangerous.

I just took a better look at it in the light, and it very definitely says 12%. I guess I ought to toss that one - bad call on my part. I was careless and thought it meant 12mg, which is what I'm aiming for.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Is it unflavored nicotine base (for DIY), or is it a flavored eliquid? If the latter, the vendor probably messed up on the label, as nobody would sell a 120 mg/ml eliquid.

If it's really 12%, 120 mg/ml, the bottle would very likely have a pretty firm warning label on it. 10%, 100 mg/ml, is the highest concentration commonly used by DIY people (those of us who make their own eliquids from separate flavorings, nicotine base, and plain filler PG/VG), and even then it's something that we generally mix with using gloves, eye protection, etc.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Learn something new every day :) "nicquid" has been commonly used for "nicotine liquid", meaning the higher mg/ml unflavored base that we use in DIY -- I didn't know there was a company called Nicquid too. (a badly confusing choice of name, unless their only product is unflavored DIY nicotine liquid base)

Rusty S.

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Is it unflavored nicotine base (for DIY), or is it a flavored eliquid? If the latter, the vendor probably messed up on the label, as nobody would sell a 120 mg/ml eliquid.

If it's really 12%, 120 mg/ml, the bottle would very likely have a pretty firm warning label on it. 10%, 100 mg/ml, is the highest concentration commonly used by DIY people (those of us who make their own eliquids from separate flavorings, nicotine base, and plain filler PG/VG), and even then it's something that we generally mix with using gloves, eye protection, etc.

It's a flavored liquid, and the label says Warning! Contains Nicotine 12%. Funny thing is, I have another flavor with the same warning, and the other three bottles (same manufacturer), are marked in mg, but with the same warning. I'm inclined to think it's a mislabeling, because I've used both of the flavors marked 12% with ill effects. Still, kind of freaks me out. Maybe I should toss them, just in case. Vaping doesn't do me any good, if I wind up harming myself.

Rusty S.

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2013
Learn something new every day :) "nicquid" has been commonly used for "nicotine liquid", meaning the higher mg/ml unflavored base that we use in DIY -- I didn't know there was a company called Nicquid too. (a badly confusing choice of name, unless their only product is unflavored DIY nicotine liquid base)

Yeah, I thought it was just a way of abbreviating "Nicotine E-Liquid," which is a bit of a mouthful.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
I'd contact the vendor, give him a photo showing the label, politely ask for a replacement bottle showing the proper mg/ml.

It probably is just a label error, but if someone labeled a bottle 12% instead of 12mg or 12 mg/ml or 1.2%, they were having a bad day for QC, I wouldn't mess with vaping that bottle.

it is not the vaper's problem to take on faith that something really is just a mislabel on the part of the eliquid supplier. You should receive product that is properly marked.

(A good vendor will replace something like that without difficulty.)

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
It's a flavored liquid, and the label says Warning! Contains Nicotine 12%. Funny thing is, I have another flavor with the same warning, and the other three bottles (same manufacturer), are marked in mg, but with the same warning. I'm inclined to think it's a mislabeling, because I've used both of the flavors marked 12% with ill effects. Still, kind of freaks me out. Maybe I should toss them, just in case. Vaping doesn't do me any good, if I wind up harming myself.

I don't like the idea of sloppy labeling on my ejuice.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Poor labeling is not an acceptable practice. If someone marks something 12%, having to intuit that it is 1.2% is not something that the buyer should have to do. I DIY, but make sure to properly label everything immediately.

(We're all just humans, mistakes ha ppen, however when it comes to QC being polite, but clear, is appropriate. Vendor should make good if they shipped a a mismarked product.)

speedjason86

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
Omaha, NE

that is very interesting. maybe cuz I've never DIY'ed juice before.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
For general use, the flavored mixes suitable for vaping are called eliquid. If it is a specific vendor it would be the vendor name plus the word eliquid.

On a generic question, like a mislabel, I normally wouldn't reference the vendor, unless I had contacted them already and not been satisfied with their response.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
So, should I call it nicquid, or would I be slamming or endorsing a vendor, depending on my post?

Thanks!

It is confusing to people I think when you say nicquid. I thought you meant Nicquid the ejuice company as well until I read further down. I've always called it ejuice or eliquid myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread