billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
There are literally thousands of tobacco eliquids available, made from hundreds of different tobacco flavorings. Most of the flavorings are synthetic (made in a lab by flavor chemists), but more and more tobacco flavorings are now made from naturally extracted tobacco (through a steeping process sometimes called maceration). And now another movement has begun, toward the use of whole tobacco alkaloids. So, the world of tobacco juices is expanding.

Yes, some tobacco juices do taste "ashy." (Some folks like that effect, most don't). Many tobacco juices do not have any ashy taste or aftertaste at all, however.

Since you've been around for awhile, I'd guess that you've had your share of disappointment with tobacco juices. Perhaps you're just not a tobacco eliquid person. On the other hand, maybe you just haven't found your "pot of tobacco gold" yet.

Maybe tobacco blended with other flavors would please your palate more than straight tobacco vapes. RY4 is a good place to start for that.

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
It's my favorite juice so far! It is delicious. It is not harsh on my throat. It is sweet; maybe caramel and vanilla? Not sure how to describe it. It is a little nutty. Tastes a bit like RY4, which I also like, but RY4 is a bit harsh on my throat. I have tried 555, which tastes more like a real cigarette to me.

bogeyjim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2010
Boulder, CO
Saw this thread and remembered I had a bottle of this.

I suppose they tried to go for "nutty" but I wouldn't call it that.

So many other juices in the same "family" with crisper, clearer and tastier flavors.

What would ya suggest then? I definitely wanna try all the "good" tobacco juices that people are talking about

Mr. Buttflakes

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
Missouri
I havn't tried the original DK-Tab but have the vaporenu version flavoring that I mix myself "Eastcoast Tobacco" and it's my all day vape for the last several months..A nutty tobacco flavor for sure..I also add a little banana to it along with a little MLB-Type from PA and can't get enough. If you order the pre-mixed instead of just the flavoring from vaporenu be carefull, because when they mix it themselves it tends to be super strong as I found out in my first juice pre-made from them of the Eastcoast Tobacco and didnt care much for it till I added a litttle banana flavoring then loved it =D

MightyWhighty

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2011
San Jose
DK-TAB tastes like nutty heaven in your mouth. It's my all time favorite. That being said, I don't taste any tobacco flavor to be honest. Sweetvapes makes a juice called Mapacho which has a real creamy, smoky taste and aroma to it.

My advice with DK-Tab is not to get nic > 18 mg or it tastes like ..... And don't go with a lot of VG with Mapacho or it turns rather unsatisfying. 'Red Tobaaco' # 1 and #2 are pretty good tobacco flavors (also from sweetvapes), but again, don't go heavy on the VG.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Well I ordered a 10mL bottle, enjoyed it and ordered a 50mL bottle :)

DK tab is nice, but it seems like its a burnt taste in a carto...

And no i didnt burn the carto :p Ive tried it in 3 so far and every time its a harsh burnt taste.

In a tank though, yep, its pretty good stuff!

Strange! I wonder why that is?

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
My experience with dk-tab was that it had a sweet, maple-syrupy flavor going on. It was never one of my favorites, I ended up using it as a base. I was more into the 555, it's a nutty tobacco that is a lot less sweet.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'll trade you a bottle of 555 for your TAB ;)

bogeyjim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2010
Boulder, CO
You're welcome! BTW are you using the 1.7 single coils? I find they burn easily. Or what carto are you using? I'd try another brand! I use the 1.25 dual coil XL.

Sandy, I'm using boge 2.0 cartos. Never had a problem except for with dk tab. Just blew one out dry and I'm gonna retry. Well see what happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread