Status
Not open for further replies.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Im ready to get a rda. Im thinking about getting the EHpro kayfun Lite Plus V2 RTA or/and I wanna get a rda...

Im looking at the Fogger V3, Trident V2, TOBH V2, Trident V2, Igo W7...basically all the ones here- Atomizers

I know, people are probably gonna say fluidvapes isn't all that great, but seems like 101vape is out of stock of everything...I always end up having a craving to order something new Sunday night, and I have been checking/watching videos for a while on RDA's and just wanna have something around the house to build with and experiment with my juices flavor/vapor wise...So Im up for an RDA that might be beginner friendly, but has room for more advance builds.

My head is spinning, trying to pick out just one to start with. Can yall help out a noob? Any suggestions?

I have an MVP 2 ... want to get a mech mod eventually, but not right away...if thats possible :laugh:

Edit:
I got the Aspire Nautilus a week or two ago and after getting some new coils (the ones that came with it were bad), Im just not too happy with the flavor...My halo triton (T2 style) has better flavor IMHO. I use the Nautilus with the biggest airhole, and definitely would want an RDA with adjustable airflow..

Last edited:

Windthorpe

Dec 12, 2013
United States
As most people will recommend, the IGO-W is a great dripper to start out with. It can do pretty much everything you need to. Didn't like the size of the air hole mine came with, but that's all down to personal preference. I've graduated to a TOBH V2 now, another solid RDA that comes with pretty awesome airflow from the get-go. I would, however, invest in a mech or DNA device if you're trying to reach your atty's full potential. Also, make sure you build within your devices specs and GET AN OHM METER!!! Obviously your MVP will be able to read your ohms down to the minimum for firing, but if you start doing serious sub-ohm builds you should definitely invest in a means of checking your resistance.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Thanks for you reply, windthorpe. I definitely will be using a voltage/ohm meter and read up on safety before doing any builds.

I'm almost trying to get just the Ehpro Kayfun lite+ clone and use with my MVP, but have a feeling Im just going to want something with more flavor, not that it wont, just will want more. The Magma seems to have a good design and airflow control that Im looking for. I want something thatll allow me to taste the full flavor of my juice.

Edit: LOL Pensilac, funny I mention the Magma right before I got to post....Thanks for your reply. Is the airflow control nice?? Do you have a clone, and if so, which one?

Last edited:

Pensilac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Utica, NY
Edit: LOL Pensilac, funny I mention the Magma right before I got to post....Thanks for your reply. Is the airflow control nice?? Do you have a clone, and if so, which one?

Mine is a clone by Infinite. Quality-wise, it came to me perfect, I cannot fault it. The engraving on it is the nicest I've seen.

One problem I have with it is that the 510 connection is quite long compared to other atties and you may have a hard time getting it to sit flush on some devices, it looked dumb on my Provari but sits perfect on both my Nemesis clone and my DNA 30 Cana clone. Another issue is that the threading on the top cap is very fine and if you are not careful it could cross thread easily. I've heard the original has the same fine threading and have heard of people ruining the threads on it so I can't count it against the clone.

As for the AFC, until a minute ago just to try it, I had only used it fully open in dual coil mode. Just tried it on the smallest setting in dual and it was perfect for mouth to lung hits, wide open it's got a nice airy draw. Only kind of annoyance I have with it is that if you take the top cap off to drip you need to make sure you hold the AFC down in place while screwing it on or it will move on you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing I've really grown to like about the Magma, which is the fact that it does not use any O-rings. It makes it a lot easier to take apart and put back together when you go to re-wick or rebuild it.

Last edited:

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
Mine is a clone by Infinite. Quality-wise, it came to me perfect, I cannot fault it. The engraving on it is the nicest I've seen.

One problem I have with it is that the 510 connection is quite long compared to other atties and you may have a hard time getting it to sit flush on some devices, it looked dumb on my Provari but sits perfect on both my Nemesis clone and my DNA 30 Cana clone. Another issue is that the threading on the top cap is very fine and if you are not careful it could cross thread easily. I've heard the original has the same fine threading and have heard of people ruining the threads on it so I can't count it against the clone.

As for the AFC, until a minute ago just to try it, I had only used it fully open in dual coil mode. Just tried it on the smallest setting in dual and it was perfect for mouth to lung hits, wide open it's got a nice airy draw. Only kind of annoyance I have with it is that if you take the top cap off to drip you need to make sure you hold the AFC down in place while screwing it on or it will move on you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing I've really grown to like about the Magma, which is the fact that it does not use any O-rings. It makes it a lot easier to take apart and put back together when you go to re-wick or rebuild it.

Thanks for you reply. I went with the Magma clone by Infinite and a Igo W, both from 101vapes.com. Also picked up an ohm reader, two drip tips, cotton, and wire...

A DNA 30 will probably be my next purchase or a reo...:facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread