• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a little back on topic. I went ahead and broke down and bought one of the cheap knives. (Well, not really "cheap" but cheaply made). Not like the one first posted but this one here: Commando Survival Hunting Knife KH8876

Anyways, I talked with Jay at Great Lakes and I am buying a head unit and body piece to turn this knife into a working, tactical knife e-cig. The cool thing is the knife already came with a spring in the handle for the little survival kit. I dropped 2 batteries in the handle and held the glv head unit on it, and it works perfectly.

Hoping to have a completed unit by the end of the week.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
dude that is awesome!!!

I was actually thinking about this over the weekend and the things I decided are that the e-cig that goes into my bugout bag must be #1 completely mechanical....no IC controlers......just in case of EMP. #2 Completely sealed....you just know it's going to get splattered with all manner of bodily fluids....possibly radioactive at that....or even toxic sludge! #3 Variable voltage (but mechanically....no dial a volt stuff)...cuz you just never know what kind of consumables you may be liberating off dead bodies....

Well, finally got it all put together. Thanks to Jay at GLV for sending me a trashed body for parts. I cut down the body from Jay, and the handle of the knife is slightly tapered. I allowed an extra 3/16" and basically wedged the body into the handle. I put the spring that came with the knife in first, then wedged it in.

I also took an end cap, removed the spring, installed a plastic shield piece that allows me to put an end cap over the batteries when not in use. I took the sharpening stone (crappy anyways) and put 2 cartos with drip tips into the holder.

The cool thing about using the GLV2 head, is that the switch and all is already wired, so I didnt have to do any electrical work. The only thing I will do now is drill a small vent hole into the handle for the batteries to vent, just in case. Also, having the head unit and end cap, I could go to GLV's website, order up a new body and have a new GLV2 as well as the Zombie knife. (the spring from the end cap of course would have to be saved or not used at all)

The knife itself is 14" long including the handle and with the GLV head unit its over 15" long. Add the carto and drip tip and you have 18" of zombie fighting, GLV vaping fun!

Total cost/ materials: $100 not counting batteries and cartos and drip tips.

Heres the completed knife with the GLV end cap in place:
zombieknife001.jpg

zombieknife003.jpg

Heres the completed knife with the GLV2 head unit in place:
zombieknife008.jpg

zombieknife004.jpg

zombieknife005.jpg

Various other pics:
zombieknife002.jpg

zombieknife006.jpg

zombieknife007.jpg

zombieknife009.jpg