What flavorings to buy first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradysyde

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
New Prague, MN
I'm about to jump on the DIY bandwagon. I have some recipes I wanna try(ecto-1, Flamingo, I looove juice flavors) but where do you guys usual start for what flavors to buy? Obviously I'll be buying a lot of fruity ones but if I buy based on the recipes and end up not liking the recipes... I want to be able to mix other juices with those flavorings. All the flavorings available are just almost overwhelming. Just need a little advice for first time flavor buying.

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
You have a great start since you know you like fruit flavored juices. Buying flavoring known as "mixers" would be good to get too. Flavors like Bavarian cream, sweet cream, vanilla, caramel, butterscotch, marshmallow, and whipped cream can all be added to fruit flavors. They can also be mixed together without the fruit to make 'bakery type' juices. For instance a vanilla/ caramel/ sweet cream blend, or a caramel/ butterscotch/ marshmallow blend is great too. There are some threads about mixers on here that people list their most useful mixer type flavors and offer some great info on that. Having sweetener is a must have for me, adding just a drop or two can really make your flavors pop. After trying so many brands the sweetener from FlavorWest is my favorite. I hope this helps, be safe and have fun in DIY!

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
I'm a newbie to DIY too, and I started by getting flavors that I knew I'd like on their own (mostly fruity) from TFA, then utilizing the forums for percentages. The calculator I've been using works great, and if you set up an account, you can save your recipes! dot1ml | E-liquid calculator & recipe database

So far, it's been so easy! My only advice would be to start with single flavors before diving into mixes, make small batches, and err on the lower end of flavoring - it's easier to add an extra drop than trying to dilute. And keep notes on EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread