What happens if you short an EVOD battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
I'm a little embarrassed to ask this question, but I'm just wondering what would happen to an EVOD battery if it shorts. I'm a mechanical PV guy and I just got my girlfriend the EVOD starter kit. I'm building coils for her and I test them all on my multimeter and atty ohm meter - and they are good to go, I'm just curious about the worse case scenario (maybe a wire shifts in the little EVOD head somehow, I don't know)

So anyway - what would happen? I know with mechanical mods the button would get really hot, would this just kill the EVOD?

Thanks guys!

edit: actually I think the EVOD has short protection which is good, but I guess my question still stands. I'll assume it just flashes or something? And also, if the EVOD has short protection, what would happen if it didn't? Would it get super hot? Would it kill the battery? Just curious - thanks!

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
took a coil head out of my evod kit box and installed it (maybe the 3rd one)

on evod 650 batt #1, it wouldn't work ? thought batt must be dead
screw evod tank on evod batt #2, it didn't work, kept trying
off on, look inspect can't see anything wrong, on off-- what the hell ?
took coil head out put in another coil--still won't work

back to batt #1 and it works... ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

come to find out had a short in the coil and I put it on then off ONCE with batt #1 (then it sat about 45-60min)

batt #2 wasn't as lucky, since I didn't realize it was a short (no sparks, light flashes, etc.) I kept trying to figure it
out and it must of went 'beyond' protection mode and batt #2 never recovered

batt #1 got shorted once, then sat an hour and reset, I guess...

so that's my first experience with shorting out an evod eGo battery

:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread