What is a good RDA for beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
As the title states I want to start rebuilding. Ill be waiting until my pre mades are all gone or almost all gone to try. However I have been reading on them and as far as materials come I know there is kits, but I need an rda. I wanted something bent towards flavor, and easy to work with. I read the Freakshow by Wotofo is a good one. I also heard that "velocity style" are the easiest to work with. So if there is something that fits along those lines or if the Freakshow is a good option I would love some help.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Gorge is great - if you like a bit more air.
Hadaly is great if you don't need much air.
There are plenty of others around - good clones you could try perhaps - but which is best depends on nuances of how you vape - what kind of draw do you like? What wattage do you run, and what kind of resistance do you vape now?

Reactions: BrotherBob

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
There are plenty of others around - good clones you could try perhaps - but which is best depends on nuances of how you vape - what kind of draw do you like? What wattage do you run, and what kind of resistance do you vape now?
You are so very right. There is no best. For some people the RDA is a hadaly. Not for me. My favorite RDA is my Elite. For a beginner the hadaly is an easy to build simple single coil RDA. In my opinion everyone should have a velocity rda.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL

Open draw along the lines of a TFV12, my wattages are usually anywhere from 80-130, and my usual resistance is .12-.25. Although I wanted to start around .4 on an RDA cause I didnt want to build something so close to my mods limits.

The Hadaly was a bit pricey but I looked up the Gorge and it was pretty cheap so I may go with that, especially since it looks very open air. My local store is selling Troll RDAs for 10 dollars, if that would be another good one. Im making a small list of RDAs to compare.

The velocity was another I was looking at. Just want to ensure I get one ill like so I have something to keep going to until I feel comfortable trying other ones.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Cool - there's no "best" for everyone.
But I find the Hadaly a bit air-restricted for low builds...
I do run one at about 0.4, wide open...and I like that there are different caps (black, ultem, etc)...
:)

Open draw along the lines of a TFV12, my wattages are usually anywhere from 80-130, and my usual resistance is .12-.25. Although I wanted to start around .4 on an RDA cause I didnt want to build something so close to my mods limits.

The Hadaly was a bit pricey but I looked up the Gorge and it was pretty cheap so I may go with that, especially since it looks very open air. My local store is selling Troll RDAs for 10 dollars, if that would be another good one. Im making a small list of RDAs to compare.

The velocity was another I was looking at. Just want to ensure I get one ill like so I have something to keep going to until I feel comfortable trying other ones.

Aus11

Verified Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hollywood, FL
Wire, little blue screwdriver, clippers and some cotton and your good to go.

I used a little bit of the clapton wire that comes with the TFV4 for the deck and used it on the troll. As well as the cotton. I managed to build a .931 using just household tools and its working well. Its pretty ugly, but working. No burnt taste and decent flavor. I suppose thats not terrible for a first try. Its good around 55w. Unsure of how often to drip though. Lol

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I used a little bit of the clapton wire that comes with the TFV4 for the deck and used it on the troll. As well as the cotton. I managed to build a .931 using just household tools and its working well. Its pretty ugly, but working. No burnt taste and decent flavor. I suppose thats not terrible for a first try. Its good around 55w. Unsure of how often to drip though. Lol
Just keep the cotton wet. You'll get a feel for it real quick.

Reactions: Aus11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread