Status
Not open for further replies.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Very true, TUS. It's always interesting to see where other peoples preferences and vaping origins lie.

My current cache of vaping gear includes a Darwin, 2 SD MkII's, XL clearos, dual-coils, 510-tanks, Tornado/eGo Tanks and standard 901 and 510 attys for dripping. Originally, I started on an overpriced Super (like many vapers I've encountered did), didn't find it satisfying yet saw the potential in it, so migrated to better gear and quickly found myself up to my eyeballs in my new addiction/hobby/obsession :p

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks that gives me some good stuff to think about. I do think I can accept the fundamental differences between smoking and vaping and I think that's part of what has intrigued me about vaping to begin with. I know throat hit is very important to many people, yourself included, but I really dont particularly like the sensation as much as I like the taste and the aftertaste. I think I also tend to like pipe tobacco as it smells less "ashy" than cigarettes if that makes sense. I've def. been having fun browsing and reading up on juices I want to try, but i know hardware is important too. With all that being said, any suggestions for a solid step up from the basic volcano (blu knockoff)? I ordered a drip tip as i hear thats good for flavor and ive ordered a couple popular juices. So im taking a few steps forward into vaping but im not afraid to leap in further either....

I do know what you mean about pipe tobacco. My late paternal grandfather used to smoke a pipe, and I used to love that smell. It had an almost sweet smell to it as I recall. (He passed away when I was young so it's been a long time.) I don't know what brand of pipe tobacco he smoked, but I do know that pipe tobacco doesn't generally have the same kind of fillers or additives cigarette tobacco does, so it smells and tastes more "pure," if such a thing can be said about any tobacco.

Juice is indeed just as important as hardware. A good combination makes a world of difference. For hardware you've got quite a range of options. There are ones that look like cigars (DSE701), ones that look like pipes (Jazz Cartopipe, DSE601, E-Cig's E-Pipe) if you want something more authentic to the experience you're looking for. If you want something more inconspicuous and cigarette-like, the Smokeless Image Volt is a solid choice. If you want something with more battery life, a bit more of a cigar-style profile but doesn't look like a cigar, the eGo is something I think is in almost everyone's kit bag. (I've got half a dozen eGo batts myself.) That goes for clones/mods like the K-Go, GoGo, and battery mods like the NoEgo 14650/18650 or E-Power 14650/18650.

If money is no object and you really want to be able to tweak the experience to your exacting preferences, you might look at a variable voltage mod like the Buzz Pro, ProVari, or (if you don't mind weird looking mods and don't mind being stuck using only standard 510 attys and cartomizers easily) the Darwin.

As far as dripping goes, that's a matter of taste and preference. I'm not a dripper myself. I prefer the convenience and simplicity of cartomizers and hybrids. I don't want to have to keep a bottle of juice handy at all times to drip every few minutes. However, there are alternatives to straight dripping that accomplish the same effect with less hassle, such as bottom-feed box mods like the popular (though pricey) Reo line (Reo Mini, Reo Grande, etc.), the Boge Revolution, and the like. Those give you the benefits of dripping with the convenience of packing a bottle into the box you just squeeze when you need more juice.

Really, the best way to get the most accurate flavours out of whatever juices you have is to eliminate as much as you can between the juice and the coil that atomizes it. Dripping, whether manual or through one of the aforementioned drip box mods, is probably the best way to accomplish this. However, there are hybrid cartomizers like one of the many CE2-style hybrids (in particular the new CE2X Fluxomizer Deluxe from GotVapes) have been making great strides to duplicating that in a more convenient tank form. (I've got those particular cartos on my shopping list.)

So, the bottom line is you have a great deal of choice to customize the experience to your liking in just about every way possible. Now you just have to decide what you want that experience to be.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I enjoy vaping most with an auto battery because I enjoy the hands free option. It is just more relaxing for me although I have many manual setups that I do use. My favorite is the 1300 mah auto Echo with 3.4 ml carto. It gives me an all day vape without recharging or refilling. The Go-go is very good also and is my favorite manual especially with the new GGCT tank. I also like the Kgo with the emdcc when I want a really strong hit and it holds lots of juice too. It just produces a little to strong and hot of hit for an all day vape for me.

brian w

Aug 15, 2011
Newnan, Ga
well i sure do appreciate all the input. sounds to me from what you have said as well as what i've been reading across the forums that while eGo has its limitations for many experienced vapers it may be a logical step for me in order to find out exactly what experience i do want. while i could see myself appreciating a good mod it may not be worth my investment just yet. at least as someone who doesnt really have a specific habit that i would be trying to recreate. i had been leaning toward trying out the inferno (which i believe is an ego equivalent and i really like volcanos service) along with a clearomizer and this conversation helps support that decision. Unless anyone has any negative opinions of that particular branded product. I'll probably price out some of the other options you listed as well but i feel like i'm at least on the right track as far as my options go. Thanks again, huge help. Any additional opinions are also welcome. Also, what is tje difference in ego and gogo? I read another thread about it but it was beyond my current knowledge.
brian

Last edited:

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
well i sure do appreciate all the input. sounds to me from what you have said as well as what i've been reading across the forums that while eGo has its limitations for many experienced vapers it may be a logical step for me in order to find out exactly what experience i do want. while i could see myself appreciating a good mod it may not be worth my investment just yet. at least as someone who doesnt really have a specific habit that i would be trying to recreate. i had been leaning toward trying out the inferno (which i believe is an ego equivalent and i really like volcanos service) along with a clearomizer and this conversation helps support that decision. Unless anyone has any negative opinions of that particular branded product. I'll probably price out some of the other options you listed as well but i feel like i'm at least on the right track as far as my options go. Thanks again, huge help. Any additional opinions are also welcome. Also, what is tje difference in ego and gogo? I read another thread about it but it was beyond my current knowledge.
brian

It's hard to go wrong with an eGo. I used them for nearly a year with a variety of hardware (carts/attys, tanks, cartos/dualies, etc.) and they always worked like a champ. The one and only reason I don't still use them is because I got a ProVari because I wanted to maximize my options in one device. (And, like you, I'm a tech geek and love cool toys.) I honestly don't have a lot of data about Volcano. I've seen the before but found them a bit pricey. Given my druthers, if I were in your place, I'd get this kit from MadVapes. Two Mega batts (900mAh), 4 EMDCCs (my personal favourite dual coil carto), charger, case, and a little bottle of basic tobacco-flavoured liquid (may or may not be any good) for a little over $25 cheaper. Might even be able to find better deals elsewhere if I looked around, but eGo kits have come down considerably in price since I started vaping. (I paid $80 for my kit at the time, which only had the 650mAh batts.)

Heck, you could get the multi-voltage eGo kit from GotVapes and you'd still pay less. They also sell the Fluxomizer Deluxes (CE2 v.12) that I'm interested in too that are supposed to be quite good.

brian w

Aug 15, 2011
Newnan, Ga
It's hard to go wrong with an eGo. I used them for nearly a year with a variety of hardware (carts/attys, tanks, cartos/dualies, etc.) and they always worked like a champ. The one and only reason I don't still use them is because I got a ProVari because I wanted to maximize my options in one device. (And, like you, I'm a tech geek and love cool toys.) I honestly don't have a lot of data about Volcano. I've seen the before but found them a bit pricey. Given my druthers, if I were in your place, I'd get this kit from MadVapes. Two Mega batts (900mAh), 4 EMDCCs (my personal favourite dual coil carto), charger, case, and a little bottle of basic tobacco-flavoured liquid (may or may not be any good) for a little over $25 cheaper. Might even be able to find better deals elsewhere if I looked around, but eGo kits have come down considerably in price since I started vaping. (I paid $80 for my kit at the time, which only had the 650mAh batts.)

Heck, you could get the multi-voltage eGo kit from GotVapes and you'd still pay less. They also sell the Fluxomizer Deluxes (CE2 v.12) that I'm interested in too that are supposed to be quite good.

Thanks so much for the links! Those both look like great options. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. With so many options available i really appreciate someone experienced helping to limit my choices. Now which to choose... :)

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks so much for the links! Those both look like great options. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. With so many options available i really appreciate someone experienced helping to limit my choices. Now which to choose... :)

Any time! Both places are great places to shop. I haven't tried GotVapes' juices so I don't know if they're any good, but I've sampled over a dozen of MadVapes' TopVapor brand and found them pretty hit or miss. A couple good ones though (love the chocolate mint there) -- just in case you wanted to get some juice with your hardware to make the shipping more worth your while. Either choice those will work well. The variable voltage eGo (well, technically multi-voltage, as it does 3.2, 3.7 and 4.2) is intriguing for some basic VV. It won't blast your brains out but you'll get a mighty fine vape out of those EMDCCs at 4.2V. You'll probably want to go with either the lowest or no nic juices though. You won't get the TH you don't want and you'll get some good flavour in a nice luke warm vapor.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
yeah i see that vv ego they have at gotvapes. that might be a winner for me. any diiferences between a 650mah vs 900 other than battery time?

Not really, no. They're actually roughly the same length (because of the VV circuitry and LED battery display) but the 650 is has a bit shorter run time -- for me, 650mAh eGos would last me about 6-8 hours at my pace (and 3.7v naturally). A little less at 4.2, a little more at 3.2, all given standard resistance cartos/tanks/attys. Naturally, LR devices will suck a bit more juice, as too will dual coils. But it comes with two batts so you should be good for most if not all day with those.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
Well some are not my first choice but, all work for me.
Joye 510 manual with LR and LR mega atties.
Mistic (near 808 clone) with cartos - actually decent, warm vapor despite being sold in truck stops)
DIY 510 box mod

On my next to get list. .357 atties and a Provari mod. Maybe a Darwin if funds allow.

martyrex

Jun 30, 2011
Portugal
Hi there,

Well I've started with a riva 901, adn definetly, 901 LR atomizers are my avourite, however I'm just waiting fo my 306 to arrive...
Regarding to juices, sincerily, I'm trying a bit of everything because I still haven't found my favourite one.. Recently I have bought a 637 mod from esigshop and I'm enjoying it very much.. the advice I give is to try a bit of everything untill you find what you were looking for =)

mortepa

Aug 9, 2011
Madison, wi
KGO (by SLB) 1100mah batteries - Similay to the EGO, but better
Smok Tech 1.5 ohm 510 cartomizers (the 1.25 ohm were a bit too sizzly and poppy for 3.7 volts)
Cherry Pawn Drip tips

Favorite juices in order of favorite (have tried 14 now):
Johnson Creek, Red Oak, Tennessee Cured - make sure it is the VG Red Oak
Alien Visions, Boba's Bounty
Backwoods Brew, Applewood tobacco
Johnson Creek, Morning Peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread