What is the least gunky juice in this list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
This is the list of brands that I have access to buy. I want longevity from my coils, since they are very expensive in Iran. Which brand is the best for this purpose? Well, it's a bonus if the flavor is also good. If none of these are low gunky, please recommend me a few, I will try to find.

upload_2018-5-27_14-5-0.png

It'd be also helpful to mention what factors determine gunky juices. High VG, high nic, and much sweeteners?

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-27_14-4-55.png
    upload_2018-5-27_14-4-55.png
    23 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Sweeteners and colour are the first things that come to mind. Darker juices tend to be more gunky than lighter ones (although I don't know how helpful that is if you're buying online). I'm afraid I can't help with brands.

Have you considered DIY? Manufactured juices usually have a lot more sweeteners than self-made ones.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
The least "gunky" juice would be unflavored, If I was in your situation that's what I would buy. You could always add some flavoring to a little bit here and there for some variety. After a few days on unflavored you would be surprised how little flavoring is actually needed. The two main culprits of gunking up a coil are sweeteners and flavorings, some flavorings are worse than others, darker ones tend to be the worse.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
Have you considered DIY? Manufactured juices usually have a lot more sweeteners than self-made ones.
No, but I just googled about it. There are 10ml bottles of nic shot containing 18mg/ml nicotin, sold 10$ online. And yet, a local store sells 10ml Liqua 18mg/ml juices for 1$! If I buy pure PG and mix 5 parts of PG with 1 part of 18mg/ml liquid, would that work?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd check out the DIY forum first to get a general understanding of the process. You will be in control of more gunking factors, for sure. A good juice calculator can get you started, but you also need more information before jumping in I think. I'm not saying it's a bad idea at all, but there's a lot to be learned, and etc. One shots will give you control over your flavoring percentage, but not what actual flavors or amount of sweetener that are used. They can be a good place to start, certainly, but really I would take a look around this forum first, so that you know what you are starting./ getting into.

Best of luck: DIY E-Liquid

Anna

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
If I buy pure PG and mix 5 parts of PG with 1 part of 18mg/ml liquid, would that work?

I'm not sure what you mean by "would that work?". I'm guessing you could vape it but whether you'd like it might be a different story. Are the "Liqua 18mg/ml juices" you refer to mostly VG solutions with the nic added? If that nic-solution is mostly PG then the mix you suggest would be, essentially, 100% PG and might be a bit harsh, depending(?) on coil resistance and wattage. Perhaps you could supply the members here with a little more information about what kind of setup (i.e., mod/tank/coil) you're [planning on] using as well as the composition of the liquids you want to use. That would help all of us a great deal.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
No sweeteners, no sweetners and no sweetners! Get my point? LOL :)

I have to admit that as I lurk around and read about people's coils going out after two days of use, I chuckle inside a little. But man it was like eating desert when I vaped. :w00t:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
No, but I just googled about it. There are 10ml bottles of nic shot containing 18mg/ml nicotin, sold 10$ online. And yet, a local store sells 10ml Liqua 18mg/ml juices for 1$! If I buy pure PG and mix 5 parts of PG with 1 part of 18mg/ml liquid, would that work?

Yes, that would give you 3 mg/ml liquid, but it might be higher in PG than you like. I don't think I'd want it the PG much higher than 50%, so assuming the nicotine booster is VG, that would be 3 parts PG, 2 parts VG and 1 part nic base.

VG is a lot more viscous than PG, so 83% PG juice would probably be too thin to work well with modern tanks and you might have some leaking.

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
I'm gonna use Vaporesso Target Pro at 30w. So, what are some characteristics of vaping a 80% PG juice?

First, the Target Pro with "standard" Vaporesso tank(s) and coil(s) should handle 80%VG juice pretty well at 30W. (Note, I have a couple Tarot Nanos and almost always ran them at 25-35W, even in TC mode, even with 100% VG juices. No worries.) Otherwise, as you may already be aware, the higher the VG, the bigger the "cloud(s)" with slightly diminished flavor. The higher the PG, smaller clouds with slightly better flavor. Regardless, as @Hawise mentioned, I don't think you'd want any more PG than 50%.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It will make a difference. A 20% difference, too be exact. It may or may not work for your tank and if the juice is too thin, it may leak. To be honest, since I'm PG sensitive I haven't really had a chance to figure out what is "too much" PG for leaking, and it may vary based on your tank.

The only other thing you may notice may be more of a throat hit, which you may or may not enjoy. If you are diluting flavor, PG kinda makes sense, since you are looking to dilute your juice flavoring and PG can be more of a flavor carrier.

I would start experimenting with your ratios, if you want to, that is the only way, really, that you will know for sure if it works for you. E.g. your perfect mix may wind up 60Vg/40Pg but you won't know for sure until you start experimenting and etc. I might start out small(er) in case you don't like it, e.g. dilute some of your mix, but not all of it, vape and see how it goes and etc.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: NatGasMan

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
In general, VG produces more vapor than PG and PG carries more Flavor than VG. So if you are into vapor production a higher VG juice will do that. PG carries flavor better and produces more throat hit. A high PG juice in a subohm tank can be more harsh.

Sweetener depending on what sweetener it is can gunk up a coil fast. Tobacco extracts tend to gunk a coil fast.

DIY is the way to go. It takes time to find a mix you like but it is worth the trouble. You can make 60 ML of ejuice that costs around $1 to $2 for the bottle depending on the flavoring etc you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread