Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Welcome to ECF.
I use rtas so my best settings are dependent on my build. Today I have one Nano driven by a ss tri core fused clapton .26Ω, 24w with diy Mandarin Honeysuckle. 2nd Nano with ss tri core fc .42, 23.3w with an orange dump diy/commercial. Zeus has a ss fc .29, 35w with Respect.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hi, Alex, and welcome aboard!

Best setting? Each of us will have our own, since each of us vapes in our own style. Power (watt mode)? TC? Straight voltage control? Mechanical?

I'm in the low power group since - for ME - I get what I need to remain an ex-smoker. 1.5 Ω at 8 to 10 watts, depending on flavor. I get enough vapor to continue to fool my brain that I'm smoking, decent throat hit, also part of the process - for ME. And all my flavors (many!) are DIY.

Start your vaping at a setting that at least produces vapor, then work it up in small steps, with "small" relative to the power setting. (I.e., if you're like me at 8 watts, use 1/2 watt steps. If you're up at 40 or 50 watts, maybe 5 or 10 watt steps.) When you get to a step where it seems the flavor (or other performance value) starts to go south, back off a step or two and be happy - you've found the setting for YOUR tastes.

And do bear in mind that different flavors can taste their best at different power settings. I find tobacco flavors will shine at higher levels than fruits and desserts, for example, and so it may be for you.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I’m currently using a Smoant TS 218 with an original crown tank with a .5 coil. I’m using TC mode preset to 69 watts because I’m very immature and 450 degrees F. But give it a few hours and I might be using the same setup in watts mode set to 51 watts. I switch back and forth on a regular basis.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Being a mekkie at present, I don't have any setting to fiddle with. I usually coil in the .5Ω range and, at full charge battery (4.2V) this gives 35ish watts and at half charge (3.7V) where I usually change batteries, 27ish watts. Unsurprisingly, when I do vape a regulated mod-- I have them and use them when the mood is on me-- I stay in the same wattage range pretty much. Oh, I'll take a 100+ watt hit if I'm reviewing some gear or something, and get on with the typing once I stop coughing and my vision clears, but I don't vape there. If I see the topside of 40 watts, it's a red letter day.

Welcome to the board.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You can assume that I am newbie in the vape scene. For the tank I only use tank that using OCC 0.2ohm (Supertank) with Tesla mod. Using my favourite juice Cushman by Nasty Juice, I can get a lot of smoke with the best taste of mango. What are your best setting for your mod and juice?
Welcome and glad you joined.
MTL, 1.5-2 ohms* at low power, DIY mainly bakery flavors.
*What Ohms should I choose?

Bdubd

Nov 27, 2017
Cincinnati
Welcome to ECF.
I use rtas so my best settings are dependent on my build. Today I have one Nano driven by a ss tri core fused clapton .26Ω, 24w with diy Mandarin Honeysuckle. 2nd Nano with ss tri core fc .42, 23.3w with an orange dump diy/commercial. Zeus has a ss fc .29, 35w with Respect.
Wow what's that look like ? U got a pic of your sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread