What Juice Tastes Like American Spirit Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been thrust into the "tobacco Flavour Only" mess that is Washington State now...

So, I'm looking for an ejuice that tastes like American Spirit Black or the original American Spirit full flavour... I searched the forums but only came up with older threads that weren't really helpful in today's market.

Any help would be appreciated.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    So, I've been thrust into the "Tobacco Flavour Only" mess that is Washington State now...So, I'm looking for an eJuice that tastes like American Spirit Black or the original American Spirit full flavour... I searched the forums but only came up with older threads that weren't really helpful in today's market. Any help would be appreciated.
    All I can tell you is that American Spirit seems to claim that their Black is a Perique tobacco. FlavourArt makes a concentrate or you can get the premix, while you're there you might look at their American Spirit flavor (which I believe is FlavourArts 7 Leaves). On the top shelf, there's Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.

Last edited:

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    It's difficult to be that specific, it's never exactly like a cig, but it can be very good or better. There's also stuff that's quite awful. I also like more dilute tobacco flavors, it can merge seamlessly with the base eliquid flavor.

The only current tobaco eliquid makers I'm familiar with is Black Note, very good NET but expensive, and my old favorite, Goodejuice. GJ's Perique is very strong though, I've mixed it in with other liquids almost as if it's a concentrated flavoring. Their Patriot is a classic, and I recently tried Lizard Tail, which has an exotic flavor like Perique but not strong.

DIY flavorings I'm more familiar with. I'm not sure you can go wrong with Flavorah brand. I've been mixing their Native at the rate of 4 drops per 25 ml and it takes nearly a week of steeping for it to reach full flavor but it is excellent (using more gets more flavor but it is still generic until steeped). I also use Tobacco Absolutes, NETs including Stixx Mixx, RY4s ... of course you may still be able to get other flavorings if you go DIY.

• Informative
    Reactions: Shadowe

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I still don’t know why tobacco flavorings are allowed but others aren’t. It doesn’t make logical sense to me. Were tobacco flavorings safety tested differently than other flavorings?

at any rate, the problem at its base is that flavorings are chemical impressions of flavors. They can’t contain all the tastes of an actual flavor. Just a few of them. To make it more difficult a lot of the stuff that comprises cigarette flavor is really harmful and can’t be used.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    ^^-- it can be more vivid and full tasting actually, but then you really emphasize did they get it right. Meanwhile the "smoke" is just the unflavored base which more flavor just dilutes.

I'm also a fan of some flavorings that have to be "tobacco" because they're made from the stuff, but don't taste much like you'd expect.

• Agree

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    ^^-- it can be more vivid and full tasting actually, but then you really emphasize did they get it right. Meanwhile the "smoke" is just the unflavored base which more flavor just dilutes.

I'm also a fan of some flavorings that have to be "tobacco" because they're made from the stuff, but don't taste much like you'd expect.
    The vivid and full tasting thing I also find to be true. Tobacco flavors can often taste like what high quality cigars and pipe tobaccos taste like. Not always, and less so than they used to I personally find. This may be just me, though I was detecting strangeness in the tobacco flavoring market some years ago. Tobacco flavorings suddenly shot up in price then came down again, but when they came back down they appeared to be somewhat different in character. Lighter colored and less strong tasting. This is also when anise tasting tobacco flavors started to make an appearance.

I still don’t know why tobacco flavorings are allowed but others aren’t. It doesn’t make logical sense to me. Were tobacco flavorings safety tested differently than other flavorings?

The main reason is they are claiming the "Non-Tobacco" flavours are to attract young people to vaping, and helps keep them hooked because it tastes good.

I agree with the rest of your post though, the testing etc is all the same whether tobacco or other flavours are involved.

casuald00d

ECF Veteran
    Sep 16, 2018
    the states of unitedness
    tobacco flavor only? :-x

i am so sorry for you. that is awful. i can't stand 99% of the tobacco ejuices i've tried. yuck yuck yuck. anyways, i don't know if it helps but i tried a blu brand tobacco flavored pod a while back and it was actually pretty darn good. i think it was their "gold leaf" flavor. maybe worth a try. i was previously an american spirit smoker if that means anything.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The main reason is they are claiming the "Non-Tobacco" flavours are to attract young people to vaping, and helps keep them hooked because it tastes good.

I agree with the rest of your post though, the testing etc is all the same whether tobacco or other flavours are involved.
    Well yes. The concept that they are actually considered too dangerous safety wise though is possibly proven false by their inclusion though, leaving only the “save the children!” Argument.

• Agree

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 18, 2018
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Vicman

ECF Veteran
    Jun 6, 2014
    Chicago
    Naturally Extracted Tobacco.com (NET.com) has the whole big spirit line which is American Spirit tobaccos which have been extracted. Speaking Spirit is the one with the Perique. You can go to the site and email Clay, the owner, and ask. He used to answer quickly, not sure if he still does. I have not ordered from there in a long while as I moved on from NET's. I never had any issues with them when I was ordering though.
    Speaking Spirit

ORILIYAT

Moved On
    Nov 21, 2019
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Hidden spam
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread