What RTA is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
Givin to me by a friend, but man is this tiny. Tried a clapton on it and it wouldn't fit. Need a super tiny coil. Thinking about tossing this thing in the garbage.. 20210303_115512.jpg 20210303_115339.jpg 20210303_115314.jpg 20210303_115308.jpg

Reactions: smacuser

MechasaurusRex

Jan 23, 2021
UK
muckrack.com
Never had an Orchid but plenty rated it as an alternative to the original KFL Lite for an airier draw. As is said, like all attys of the time, it was designed for use with simple roundwire Kanthal coils. You have to remember that using a microcoil and cotton then was edgy :D

I’ve totally returned to using simple spaced and micro Kanthal coils. Easier to build, easier to vape, longer battery life, using less juice and no loss in flavour.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
It was designed for round wire.
I agree (not familiar with that specific tank) small simple round wire coil. If you don't have a coil winding tool, it's easy to make a small spaced coil (I have literally done this just using a nail) I use the second method in this video:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
@TrollDragon , I am very confused... vertical coils? You have more experience than me so I concede. GrimmGreen did horizontal coils (but he is not a great builder)
OP... that means you @Straydonkey , good luck (don't mean to be negative, but not an easy build for a beginner) I am very confused about this old school RTA. Not sure your friend did you a favor by giving you this (sure... after you get some experience but not a good one to learn on) Have you built before?

Reactions: TrollDragon

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
@TrollDragon , I am very confused... vertical coils? You have more experience than me so I concede. GrimmGreen did horizontal coils (but he is not a great builder)
OP... that means you @Straydonkey , good luck (don't mean to be negative, but not an easy build for a beginner) I am very confused about this old school RTA. Not sure your friend did you a favor by giving you this (sure... after you get some experience but not a good one to learn on) Have you built before?

I am not sure all orchids are vertical. The 2 I had were not.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I don't know why DJLsb did vertical coils in that video, it's not a build I would choose to put in it. That was the first video that popped up so it's the one I linked. ;) The Orchid is not a hard tank to build, that deck is the same as the OG Silverplay and Aqua V2. Horizontal coils over the airholes with thinned out tails just resting about halfway down those vertical juice channels.

The bottom fill is why I don't use those tanks or the original KFL+ anymore but they were a excellent vape 5+ years ago.

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
Never had an Orchid but plenty rated it as an alternative to the original KFL Lite for an airier draw. As is said, like all attys of the time, it was designed for use with simple roundwire Kanthal coils. You have to remember that using a microcoil and cotton then was edgy :D

I’ve totally returned to using simple spaced and micro Kanthal coils. Easier to build, easier to vape, longer battery life, using less juice and no loss in flavour.
I'm going to get the coils I need for this and give it a shot. This things been in my draw sitting for a while lol

• Optimistic
Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread