What should I be using to charge sony vtc5 18650 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucasness

Apr 23, 2014
MN
I just got some new Sony vtc5 18650 batteries but the only charger I have is the trust fire TR-001. Everything im reading is saying that you shouldn't use that charger to charge these batteries. Should I buy a new charger or will mine work? I've had the batteries charging in it for 6 hrs now, should I take them out? Will it mess the batteries up if I take them out of the charger now? What's a nice charger to get that won't break the bank?

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
I have used the TR-001 for those batteries and have had no problems with using it. I now have a Nitecore I4 unit that I have been using but if its full of batteries I still use the TR 001. The one I have has protection The I4 is a better charger but both do what there made to do. You should never leave Lithium batteries charging unattended when there done charging take them off the charger don't leave them sitting there even the best charging systems fail. I charge while I'm watching TV or 0n the net I can see the charger lights constantly without needing to look directly at it so when its done I can take the batteries out rite away.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Batter chargers are not the item to try and skimp funds on. A good charger will help extend the life of ones batteries, and has protective circuitry to keep from over charging, and the good chargers have real time voltage meters.

I have an Xstar VP1 and an Efest LUC V4, which I picked up to charge my 26650 batteries. Both have multiple charge mode, volt meters, and the Efest has a usb charging port too.

I use both Mechs and high amp regulated, so the care and charging of my batteries is of great concern to me.

Lucasness

Apr 23, 2014
MN
I have used the TR-001 for those batteries and have had no problems with using it. I now have a Nitecore I4 unit that I have been using but if its full of batteries I still use the TR 001. The one I have has protection The I4 is a better charger but both do what there made to do. You should never leave Lithium batteries charging unattended when there done charging take them off the charger don't leave them sitting there even the best charging systems fail. I charge while I'm watching TV or 0n the net I can see the charger lights constantly without needing to look directly at it so when its done I can take the batteries out rite away.

I freaked out and just ordered the i4. My sony vtc5 18650's have been charging on the tr for 7hrs now, I gotta go to bed! Should I take them off the charger?

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I use a efest soda charger and it's been a really good quick charger. Charges 2 at a time. You will want to charge your batteries when they get low or are out of juice. I'm sorry but I'm not understanding your second question on how to do a thread as new, and info on something as new batteries?? If your asking how to find information on your new batteries, you would take the brand name and number of the battery and do a Google search on that specific battery then you can find the information about that particular battery. I think that's what you were asking? Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread