what should i build on my 22m tugboat RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Well, you have some wire... good thing there's only 1 diameter wire in the whole world so we don't have to guess... :rolleyes:

The tugboat has a deck that looks a lot like the standard rda deck from about 3 years ago. Usually people threw in microcoils with 2.5mm-3.0mm ID and it worked pretty well. If you have bigger gauge wire (like 26g or 24g) you can also try macrocoils (microcoils with bigger ID) but be extra careful they don't touch anything they're not supposed to.

There were all sorts of crazy builds nobody does anymore (like the "dragon coil") but I think there's a reason for it (they suck monkeybutt).

Of course you're free to throw in more modern builds but the deck is small and the post holes narrow, so probably a 28g core clapton or 2*28g twisted would be near the limit of what you can fit in there.

If you're planning on using TC with your SS wire make sure there's no hotspots at all, you might also have to play around with TCR value to make the TC work well.

For the calculations the link given above is helpful.

Last edited:

ZoLq

Moved On
Dec 2, 2017
Sorry guys i forggot about the diameter , it's 0.32mm i don't know how much gauge that is ( i think 28 or 27 )
i prefer direct lung , im more about the flavor , but i don't mind if it would chuck some nice clouds.
Is 0.32mm wire not to big on this small rda?
Yea i already know that it can't touch that :D actually expirenced it :banana::banana::banana:

I have one more dumb question , wha'ts the point of tc? i watched videos all they say is that you can save e juice , avoid dry hits...

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Sorry guys i forggot about the diameter , it's 0.32mm i don't know how much gauge that is ( i think 28 or 27 )
i prefer direct lung , im more about the flavor , but i don't mind if it would chuck some nice clouds.
Is 0.32mm wire not to big on this small rda?
Yea i already know that it can't touch that :D actually expirenced it :banana::banana::banana:

I have one more dumb question , wha'ts the point of tc? i watched videos all they say is that you can save e juice , avoid dry hits...
If it’s working correctly it gets rid of burning. That means wicks last a lot longer and you don’t get dry hits. I personally find it too twiddly to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread