What should i pick as an beginner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Nothing wrong with the Pico mod. Likely need a spare battery and an external charger.

I'm not sure any of the tanks are what I would call beginners tanks. The 75w kit comes with a Melo III which might work. I'd recommend a nautilus tank 2 for a beginner.

Nothing wrong with mixing different companies. Most everything fits together.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello! Im starting to vape and i need something to me.
I have 3 options:
iStick Pico 25+TFV8 Baby
iStick Pico 75w kit
Smok Stick V8 Big baby or baby
Idk is that good to mix 2 other comapnies products as an beginner. Thanks for help
Hi and welcome,
Tell us how many cigarettes you smoke per day and for how long you have been smoking.
Where are you located so we can suggest vendors or suppliers in your area.

Cheers
I

emer

Oct 14, 2017
Hi and welcome,
Tell us how many cigarettes you smoke per day and for how long you have been smoking.
Where are you located so we can suggest vendors or suppliers in your area.

Cheers
I
Almost 0,very light ones. Id like to smoke 3mgs and then switch to 0. I was smoking for like 1 year

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My vote is for the Pico 25. I don't care for any mod/pen that does not allow me to adjust watts. I'm not a fan of the Baby Beast, but that's just me. Some like it. I would go for the Eleaf Ello tank or Asvape Cobra. If you want the Smok get the Big Baby Beast.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Hello and Welcome,
If your looking for something that will deliver a big hit, big flavor and nice clouds and you want it all on real low budget.
Here is my suggestion,> $13.32 VAPE PEN 22 Styled 1650mAh Starter Kit - 5ml / 0.3ohm / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
This is a [STYLED] Smok Pen 22. The 1650mAh battery lasts me 4 + hours of chain vaping.
It's as good as the Smok Vape Pen 22.
It has no air adjustable air flow, although you can tape off the air flow as needed.
The tank is incorporated into the pen, thus no changing it.
The coils work great, last long and are only $1.20 a piece. $6.07 Replacement Coil Head for SMOK VAPE PEN 22 Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 0.3ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Only a drop or 2 of leaking after it's re-filled. No leaking after that.....
IMPORTANT,, Making sure the coil is installed very tight will end all problems with re-filling when you have quarter of a tanks worth of juice remaining in it.
Here is an 8 minute youtube video for a full review...
I have 1 and 2 more on the way. Really is a satisfying vape for flavor, clouds, and PRICE.

PhatClouds

Sep 17, 2017
Oregon
Don't fall for the sub-ohm stuff most shops push or you could be turned off very quick! I too am a new vaper, 30 days in as of today! I bought the Alien 220W kit and have finally fine tuned it to my needs. My setup allows me to have best of both worlds and I'm sure there are several mods that can do the same but here is my current setup.

Alien 220W mod
Nautilus 2 Tank
9mg Space Jam Meteor Milk juice running at 15 watts

I have a Cleito 120 and the Big Baby V8 tank if I feel the need to chuck some clouds.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'll second (or third) the Pico 25. The advantage is being able to fit 25 mm tanks, as the tank size had crept up, and finding a 22-23 mm tank (at least a new design) is getting to be a bit harder. The Smok Baby is a very nice tank, but if you have the Pico 25 you can accommodate the Big Baby Beast, uses the same coils coils as he BB, and has larger volume capacity. I find the BBB to be a nice performer, but it is not a mouth to lung style tank. Other mtl tanks to consider are the Nautulus 2, Nautilus X (with the 1.8 ohm coil), and Smok Spirals. If you go to the tank section you can find more info directly related to the tanks that may be helpful.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Almost 0,very light ones. Id like to smoke 3mgs and then switch to 0. I was smoking for like 1 year

Since you're a very light smoker, I'm afraid that the tanks you've chosen may be too much for you. I'm not sure why you only have three choices, but in case you don't, I'd recommend something much simpler to use.

Get a simple TC box mod: Eleaf 40, eVic VTC mini, Wismec Presa 75W or Pico are all decent choices and can be had for ~30 bucks if you look around for sales and deals. They all work fine in both power and TC modes.

As for tanks, the most cigalike and user friendly is the Eleaf GS Air Tank series. Get the old 1.5Ω dual coils--they work great out of the box and the load (wattage, power) is split between two coils, so if you apply 10 watts, each coil only gets 5 watts. They are really nice. The tanks come in different sizes and Eleaf also offers Ti and Ni TC coils.

I also love and use eGo One tanks--I like the megas (4.5 ml), V1 or V2, both good. Single coils, both TC (Ni and Ti) and non-TC, very easy and dependable. I recommend you throw away the included CL coils (they are garbage) and buy 1Ω CLR (rebuildable) coils. They can be used out of the box and later easily rewicked/rebuilt with any wire you want (if desired--they are ridiculously easy to rebuild).

Good luck!

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hello! Im starting to vape and i need something to
You smoke very little and smoke light cigarettes.
Please don't buy powerful hobby equipment to begin, because you are expecting to then be a beginner with non-beginner hardware.
I would recommend a quality Joyetech or Innokin all-in-one system until you find your feet.
Then, or in addition, maybe a box mod and simple tank. Eleaf Pico, yes... that would be a fine choice for any level of vaping.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
E-leaf pico is a good starting point, I hear good things about the Melo III though I haven't vaped it. The Nautilus 2 is a great starter tank as well and easy to use and maintain. I'd get something with variable wattage but given your cigarette habits, I'd probably go for a MTL tank, not a sub0hm setup, but you never know which type of vape you are going to prefer. The most inexpensive way to find out might be to buy a sub0hm setup and a MTL tank which you can use on pretty much whatever mod you buy. I'm not sure I'd go for the smokstick since (IIRC) that doesn't have variable wattage.

Anna

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. As a very light smoker, I am concerned the BB tank is going to be a bit much, especially for somebody making the transition. You might get by with the dual coils at low watts, but I'd shy away from the quad and octo coils, at least at first. Another key question is are you going to use it mouth-to-lung, that is like smoking a cigarette by drawing the vapor into your mouth and then inhaling it; or as a direct lung hit, essentially breathing through the machine? If the former, the Nautilus tank mentioned above is a good choice. A fore-runner of the present version is what helped me get off the sticks. Either the Melo or the BB with the air closed way down will probably give marginal service in this regime. If you want direct lung, ditch the Nauti. It does not breathe well enough for it. The Melo or BB will serve you better. And +1 on the Pico 25.

Welcome to the board.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello! Im starting to vape and i need something to me.
I have 3 options:
iStick Pico 25+TFV8 Baby
iStick Pico 75w kit
Smok Stick V8 Big baby or baby
Idk is that good to mix 2 other comapnies products as an beginner. Thanks for help
Welcome and glad you joined.
As a beginner, could start at the start.
Might like to read:
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

emer

Oct 14, 2017
I'll second (or third) the Pico 25. The advantage is being able to fit 25 mm tanks, as the tank size had crept up, and finding a 22-23 mm tank (at least a new design) is getting to be a bit harder. The Smok Baby is a very nice tank, but if you have the Pico 25 you can accommodate the Big Baby Beast, uses the same coils coils as he BB, and has larger volume capacity. I find the BBB to be a nice performer, but it is not a mouth to lung style tank. Other mtl tanks to consider are the Nautulus 2, Nautilus X (with the 1.8 ohm coil), and Smok Spirals. If you go to the tank section you can find more info directly related to the tanks that may be helpful.
Big baby doesnt fit my wallet actually. I have money for baby

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread