What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"In 1974, he played the (uncredited) opening-half solo on Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin" from Get Your Wings. In a February 2015 interview in Detroit Rock N Roll Magazine Hunter tells how it came about that he recorded the opening solo of Aerosmith's "Train Kept a Rollin": "Aerosmith was in Studio C of The Record Plant and I was doing work with Bob Ezrin in Studio A. I had a long wait between dubs and was waiting in the lobby. Jack Douglas popped his head out of Studio C and asked 'Hey, do you feel like playing?' I said sure, so I grabbed my guitar and went in. I had two run thru's, then Jack said 'great, that's it!' That turned out to be the opening solos on 'Train Kept A Rollin’'."

Reactions: Mowgli

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
"In 1974, he played the (uncredited) opening-half solo on Aerosmith's "Train Kept A Rollin" from Get Your Wings. In a February 2015 interview in Detroit Rock N Roll Magazine Hunter tells how it came about that he recorded the opening solo of Aerosmith's "Train Kept a Rollin": "Aerosmith was in Studio C of The Record Plant and I was doing work with Bob Ezrin in Studio A. I had a long wait between dubs and was waiting in the lobby. Jack Douglas popped his head out of Studio C and asked 'Hey, do you feel like playing?' I said sure, so I grabbed my guitar and went in. I had two run thru's, then Jack said 'great, that's it!' That turned out to be the opening solos on 'Train Kept A Rollin’'."

Steve Hunter - Wikipedia

Awesome. I saw Welcome To My Nightmare the weekend it hit the theaters.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Steve Hunter - Wikipedia

Awesome. I saw Welcome To My Nightmare the weekend it hit the theaters.

Yeah... I kinda went down some of the same roads as Glen Buxton did. Thankfully, I was able to turn off that Highway before the car Crashed or just ran out of Gas.

---

I saw Alice Copper back in 75 at the Forum. What a Crazy Night.

I remember after this Blistering Solo the girl next to me, who was in Full Goth Gear way before Goth was Goth, asked her BF... "Who the :censored: is playing that guitar?". Her BF said it was Steve Hunter.

Found out Later just how much session work Steve Hunter had/has done.

Reactions: Mowgli

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Shake it up baby now Twist And Shout I heard a thump on the porch.

29314746_2118531331711019_4715371974971359232_n.jpg

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The first 6 went into the 1st dedicated CD changer cartridge.
Just finished playing Help! and no regrets. This release sounds awesome.
Now I'm watching the mini-documentary DVD so I'll save Rubber Soul for Breakfast...
...and load the 2nd dedicated CD changer cartridge with the next 6 discs.

29314339_2118705645026921_4652206225956536320_o.jpg

It looks like all the mini Docs are on YT.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread