What tank is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
If its an ARO BCC, it will have smok engraved on the base. If its a pyrex ARO, the base will be knurled so no engraving. Hubby picked up two ARO BCCs at the local swap meet and it took me forever finding out what they were so I could buy some heads. BTW, they both use the same head which I haven't gotten yet but I do like them better than EVODs as the draw isn't so airy but the heads don't have the resistance engraved on them so you have to have a meter to check them if you change resistances much.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Mine must be the Pyrex Aro because it does not have any engravings on it. I do have an MVP on the way, so I will soon be able to check ohms. ;)

I was looking at all the other Innokins today... I just can't get excited about the box mods. But I do like that SVD. I think maybe that'll be my next step up; it's pretty much a vv3 on steroids! :D With removable batteries, of course. ;) That's the main thing that grabbed my attention about the mechs, but I think they're too far around the learning curve for me.

Andria

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I was looking at all the other Innokins today... I just can't get excited about the box mods. But I do like that SVD. I think maybe that'll be my next step up; it's pretty much a vv3 on steroids! :D With removable batteries, of course. ;) That's the main thing that grabbed my attention about the mechs, but I think they're too far around the learning curve for me.

Andria

svd is not a mech

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Isn't it just like a VV but with removable battery, like the VTR? I dunno why, but Innokin's products just really appeal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a mech refers to a tube for batteries without any electronics like 10 second cutoff or vv or vw etc.

I think you meant a mod. A mech is a simple mechanical mod as distinct from an electonically controlled one.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Isn't it just like a VV but with removable battery, like the VTR? I dunno why, but Innokin's products just really appeal to me.

If the SVD appeals to you as much as it did to me, you should read the entire SVD thread; way too many problems to make it viable, unless they update it as they've done the vv3.

Andria

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If the SVD appeals to you as much as it did to me, you should read the entire SVD thread; way too many problems to make it viable, unless they update it as they've done the vv3.

Andria

I am not sure what you are talking about. I have been using a SVD exclusively since August with zero problems. There isn't a single product manufactured by any company that has a zero defect rate.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I am not sure what you are talking about. I have been using a SVD exclusively since August with zero problems. There isn't a single product manufactured by any company that has a zero defect rate.

That's great for you. I happen to know of at least 4 people who have had more than 1 fail on them. Firing button failures, top pin problems, and adjustment button failures are very common problems with the SVD.

Here is just one example. Read the full thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...already-problem-less-than-24-hours-later.html

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
That's great for you. I happen to know of at least 4 people who have had more than 1 fail on them. Firing button failures, top pin problems, and adjustment button failures are very common problems with the SVD.

Here is just one example. Read the full thread.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...already-problem-less-than-24-hours-later.html

As I said, I read the *WHOLE* thread -- everybody loved it when they first got it -- and then the problems start, all kinds of issues with wonky buttons; no thanks.

I just posted a msg in the Sigelei Zmax Telescopic v3 thread, to see if someone could summarize for me if it has any particular issues I should know about, before buying one of those. I really like the flat top.

Andria

Chreees

Mar 25, 2014
West TN
Thanks, Unforeseen.

Yep, no SVD for me after reading of the issues folks have had. I'll stick with the MVP 2.

So the tank has been great so far, except for yesterday. I was getting a lot of harsh hits. But then some hits would be totally fine. I'd say it was probably 1/3 good hits, 2/3 bad hits. Using MountBakerVapor's Watermelon. Strawberry did it a bit the day before as well, and I kept noticing a metallic taste. Anyway, I had some extra coils from my cracked Kanger T3S, and popped one of them in just now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thanks, Unforeseen.

Yep, no SVD for me after reading of the issues folks have had. I'll stick with the MVP 2.

So the tank has been great so far, except for yesterday. I was getting a lot of harsh hits. But then some hits would be totally fine. I'd say it was probably 1/3 good hits, 2/3 bad hits. Using MountBakerVapor's Watermelon. Strawberry did it a bit the day before as well, and I kept noticing a metallic taste. Anyway, I had some extra coils from my cracked Kanger T3S, and popped one of them in just now. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

That metallic taste was one reason I got the Mini PT II; the removable drip tip. I got a lot of that nasty metallic taste from it too, and it was solved by changing the drip tip; I'm using an acrylic one at the moment, but glass/ceramic would be ok too, for tank-crackers.

AndriaD said:
I just posted a msg in the Sigelei Zmax Telescopic v3 thread, to see if someone could summarize for me if it has any particular issues I should know about, before buying one of those.

The consensus on these, from long-term users, is that they seem to hold up; "excellent in their price category" seems to be the overall opinion. I think that's the one I'm going to get, for my next step up.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread