What the heck am I doing wrong (juice in mouth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
So I am not exactly new to vaping, but I am not an expert either, so that's where you guys and gals come in. Whether I am using my 401 or 901 when I try to drip into my cart, I always end up with juice in my mouth (yuck!) On my 401 I went to no filler what so ever and would only dip my atty in juice and I would never get juice in my mouth. But when I would use the filler and try to "top off" my carts, I always tasted the juice. Now with the 901 I am having the same problem. I can drip on the atty with no problem, but when I use a couple drops n the cart filler, its the same thing all over again. Ive watched videos on how to do it, and even try to be easy on the juice, but its still a no-go. Can someone tell me if this is normal or if I am just an idiot and can't do it right! Please help!!

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
yeah your just an idiot .. lol .. only joking ..... i had the same thing with so many devices ..... it only stopped when i got a 510 .. they have a lil special catch pit so you dont get juice in your mouth ....... unless you over fill in a big way ... had it twice in 6 months ....

top off cart no juicy mouth ... drip atomise r with out cart .. no juicy mouth .... top off cart and drip a few drops on atomiser ... no juicy mouth .. but you will get some juice seeping out of the atomiser and battery connection lol

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
doots,
First and foremost, every time I see your pic I think of John Larroquette of Night Court Fame :) Sorry, it had to be said and of course I had to be the one to say it! :D
chucknup1313090458nbc.jpg

Yeah, as far as the battery being hot, it doesn't seem so much on my 901 but my 401 gets hotter than a mother, and I am sure not to overfill. And the attys are fine... So I am not sure if that is the issue...

Id check 3 things.

not too much juice in cart

be sure your atty is good and not beginning to fail

good hot battery

see if that helps.

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
yeah your just an idiot .. lol .. only joking ..... i had the same thing with so many devices ..... it only stopped when i got a 510 .. they have a lil special catch pit so you dont get juice in your mouth ....... unless you over fill in a big way ... had it twice in 6 months ....

top off cart no juicy mouth ... drip atomise r with out cart .. no juicy mouth .... top off cart and drip a few drops on atomiser ... no juicy mouth .. but you will get some juice seeping out of the atomiser and battery connection lol

Haha Cheif, I was betting on the idiot thing myself! Kinda wished I would have thought of this when looking for a new device. I just got the 901 soa new kit is a ways off, but I think the 510 will be my next...

chief druid

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
north wales U.K.
Haha Cheif, I was betting on the idiot thing myself! Kinda wished I would have thought of this when looking for a new device. I just got the 901 soa new kit is a ways off, but I think the 510 will be my next...

i am a 510 fanboy ... but all four of my batteries have kept going for 6 months ... havent killed an atomiser yet on the 510 but they do develope a funny taste after a while ... and the 510 atomisers have come right down in price so i just screw on a new one ... ... if anyone wants me to recomend an e cig i say 510 all the time .... battery life is lame .... and if i buy another model its because i want to not because i have to ..... only had 7 or 8 different models but i like the 510 the best ... thats my opinion

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
doots,
First and foremost, every time I see your pic I think of John Larroquette of Night Court Fame :) Sorry, it had to be said and of course I had to be the one to say it! :D
chucknup1313090458nbc.jpg

Yeah, as far as the battery being hot, it doesn't seem so much on my 901 but my 401 gets hotter than a mother, and I am sure not to overfill. And the attys are fine... So I am not sure if that is the issue...

LOL. thats a first anyones ever said.. thats funny..

On the batty i meant hot as being fully charged and a good battery, Not heat as in hot,, but full charge,,

I have to agree, after getting my 510s I have not used anything else...
except for flavor testing... my minis come in handy to drip test a flavor when they come in...

Question: I have broke in 4 510 kits now and every single one of them from different sources seem to come with an atty that blows tons of vapor right off the bat.. and the other seems to just not quite do it...

Anyone have a thought as to why????

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
LOL. thats a first anyones ever said.. thats funny..

On the batty i meant hot as being fully charged and a good battery, Not heat as in hot,, but full charge,,

lol, gotcha, I was thinking a hot atty, not battery :)

And wow, can't believe no one has said that to you before. I figured you would come back with "haha, like I haven't heard that one a million times" lol

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I have to agree, after getting my 510s I have not used anything else...
except for flavor testing... my minis come in handy to drip test a flavor when they come in...

Question: I have broke in 4 510 kits now and every single one of them from different sources seem to come with an atty that blows tons of vapor right off the bat.. and the other seems to just not quite do it...

Anyone have a thought as to why????

See if this helps answer that:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...g-electronic-cigarette-primer.html#post505870

mz0623

Jun 8, 2009
Chicago Burbs, IL
I had the same problem. I'd say throughout a 6 hr or so night of vaping that would happen once or twice with my 901. Same issue...after topping off a cart I'd end up with some juice in my mouth. I can't stand the taste or texture of the stuff.

I'm new to vaping so don't know if this could be the actual issue here, but this occurred quite often with my sampler pack of juices from eastmall that i purchased with my 901.

After receiving my juices from dawn at ecigsmokestore I have not had this problem once. The vapor production of most her juices seem much better than those from eastmall. Could be that i was overfilling my eastmall juices trying to get a thicker vapor, whereas i don't feel the need to top off the ecigstore juices nearly as often. Less overfilling.

I am Nico

Moved On
Aug 11, 2009
California
  • Deleted by Jim Davis
  • Reason: Inappropriate
My 901's will seep if too much ejuice is put into the cart.
I've taken 1/4" wide strips of felt, 1/2" long, insert them first then fill rest of cart with semi-loose packed Fluval or quilting batting. Too tight a fit will take forever to absorb and won't hold as much and not last as long. Seems even the most desirable flavor in vapor is disgusting in the mouth. Spit when possible. Good luck.

nick76

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2009
Salinas, CA
Do not overfill !

For the 901 flat D type thin whistle cart, i would remove the end at mouthpiece and just fold a little piece of paper towel put in that mouth piece's hole (keep it loose a bit not not so tight) and only replace that paper when it's all wet. That would prevent juice go to mouth and also help the draw and vapor.

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
I've noticed when I clean my carts that juice sometimes collects in the area between the barrier to where we fill and the little cap over where our mouth goes. When you fill you hold it upright and I'm betting some of that is making it's way to the draw hole and when you take the first couple hits you end up sucking it out. Pop off that little end piece and use the corner of a tissue or paper towel to clean it out every once in a while and see if that helps.

kalojado

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Dayton, Ohio Area
Well, I am pretty sure I am not 'sucking too hard'. I almost purposely always take a light drag after I fill, because I am so used to the juice in my mouth, but it still happens! Good advice for the 901, but I get it on my 401 as well. I just don't understand. Maybe I should just abandon trying to fill carts. Oy vay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread